PDA

View Full Version : service/ egr help please

WORTHOS6
24th June 2011, 06:30 PM
hi team
just finished doing a service, intercooler clean, maf sensor clean, fuel air,oil filter and man i could not get the oil canister off had to take it down to Repco cost me 50.00 bucks & the guy recons its the tightest he has ever come accross, now even more determined as how would i know if the other major services i have had done weather they actually changed the filter.

just some thoughts if i could, after i did everything i needed to do apart from the oil filter
the rig ran quite good, then got the guys to change oil filter & i dont know if its just me but does seem a little sluggish, i also got a quick warning light flash on my dash.

i have checked everything, the oil level is good no leaks. any suggestions.

i disconnected the battery as well after the maf clean

also just ordered dawes valve, needle valve gauges & pod getting ready for the egr block
$600.00 later still need catch can, thermo for intercooler, scan gauge, turbo timer list goes on.

anyway i have been reading alot on the egr block & there dont seem to be to many showing the egr block off on the ZD30

i found a post on another web site & i beleive the egr is under the intercooler on the drivers side
can someone please confirm this please & pics would be great
anyway thanks for listening & i would love some feed back from the guys in the know
cheers wortho

i also

YNOT
24th June 2011, 07:05 PM
There is no real way of knowing if your previous oil changes have been done properly, getting an oil sample analysis done might give you some clue.
The sluggish feeling after the filter was changed is most likely just in your head, no offence intended it's just very unlikely changing the filter on its own would have that much affect. Which warning light flashed on?

This photo shows where you can block the EGR. It is under the I/C on the drivers side (RHD vehicles).

Tony

WORTHOS6
24th June 2011, 08:12 PM
thanks again Tony
went for a drive on Tokin and yeh (even the wife agrees) its in my head
the warning flash was that quick i did not see what one but all feels pretty good and i agree just the filter should not have effected anything

the pic is great same as what i checked out yesterday
now have to wait for the goodies