PDA

View Full Version : turbo timer install

grimace
24th June 2011, 12:38 PM
g'day people, i recently purchased a turbo timer for my 2008 model gu and was going to have my auto elec install it for me however he does this a lot cheaper if i take all the covers off that way he only has to wire it in then i put it back together. my problem is that i have found the bottom cover of the steering column won't come off without dismantling the ignition, please help if you know how to go about this with the minimum of headache as i really want this as painless as possible....cheers....

timbar
24th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Im sure some one will have an answer for you soonly mate sorry i cant help GQ owner

grimace
24th June 2011, 02:35 PM
thanks man, i had a great GQ it had a 6" lift injected v8 thing done wheel stands unfortunately had to sell because i was out of work and couldn't run the thing, cheers.....

Maxhead
24th June 2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry mate I can't help an I've never done it before but when you find out let us all know for future reference. Cheers

nowoolies
24th June 2011, 05:01 PM
g'day people, i recently purchased a turbo timer for my 2008 model gu and was going to have my auto elec install it for me however he does this a lot cheaper if i take all the covers off that way he only has to wire it in then i put it back together. my problem is that i have found the bottom cover of the steering column won't come off without dismantling the ignition, please help if you know how to go about this with the minimum of headache as i really want this as painless as possible....cheers....

mine comes off with minimun of fuss three screws i think ,and it falls off
are you trying to take the cover off on a angle or straight down ????

grimace
24th June 2011, 08:31 PM
will do champ, cheers....

grimace
25th June 2011, 07:14 PM
g'day nisspat, when you take the screws out (3) you drop the steering column down then unclip the top section after that there is a cover over the key reader take that off and then (and here is where i was going wrong) there is another dress cover around the ignition take that off also and then dat da daaa the bottom will come off with minimum force as it also clips around the steering column and thats it, cheers......