PDA

View Full Version : Bens V8 MQ Patrol of DEATH!!!! The Dreadnought

BenGood
24th June 2011, 12:31 PM
Hey guys and gals. I just joined today and was asked to post some piccies of the Dreadnought, so I'll now see if I can figure out how to do it! Cheers!

Sir Roofy
24th June 2011, 12:39 PM
Ahhhhhhh mad max luv it mate

BenGood
24th June 2011, 12:41 PM
I have more photo's but they're all over 2.9 megabyte sized and I don't know how to downsize them.

The basics of the Troll are as follows

Fuel Injected 355 Stroker V8
5 Speed Gearbox from an MK
35 inch Maxxis Bighorns (onroad)
36 inch Simex Centipedes (offroad)
37 inch Goodyear MTR's (for when I just need an "extension")
3 inch spring lift (including shackle extension)
2 inch body lift
Front and rear lock rites
Rad looking barwork and rear rollbars
Vertical rear tail lights to stop the need of replacing smashed originals
Other stuff that I've probably forgotten.

I just realised half the specs are in my signature, oh well.
If you wanna see more, can you tell me how to reduce photo file sizes???
CHEERS!!!

patch697
24th June 2011, 12:43 PM
Man I miss my old MQ, I loved that old girl. I should of kept it & done something like that...... Love it

BenGood
24th June 2011, 12:50 PM
Thankyou very much! I just had the inspiration to do it after watching movies like DeathRace, and YES, Mad Max. I decided I wanted to have a four wheel drive version of the Interceptor crossed with the beasts from DeathRace. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to get the armored plating look on the body. Certainly turns a few heads though. I love the smiles and finger pointing I get from little kids walking along with their dads. It also performs REALLY BLOODY WELL out in the bush!

timbar
24th June 2011, 01:08 PM
Thankyou very much! I just had the inspiration to do it after watching movies like DeathRace, and YES, Mad Max. I decided I wanted to have a four wheel drive version of the Interceptor crossed with the beasts from DeathRace. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to get the armored plating look on the body. Certainly turns a few heads though. I love the smiles and finger pointing I get from little kids walking along with their dads. It also performs REALLY BLOODY WELL out in the bush!

Have you thought of hammer finished metalic paint is also great for covering up defects and small dings in the bodywork i used it on my trailer worked a treat

BenGood
24th June 2011, 01:17 PM
Nah I love the matt black coz I can buy it for 3 bucks a can, therefore do a full vehicle respray for $15. As for the armored plate look, I more so mean the studs all round the edges. Like this

Bigrig
24th June 2011, 01:30 PM
"I see we have a piece of history in our midst ... last of the V8 interceptors"!! lmao

Yep, very mad max, very much like it!! I'm sure mothers grab their children from the street when you kick that unit in the guts!!! lol

BenGood
24th June 2011, 03:16 PM
Living in hope mate! :)

AB
24th June 2011, 03:54 PM
Looks like a weapon mate, top looking troll!!!

BenGood
24th June 2011, 04:00 PM
I'll get some more photo's up very soon after I finish with the rusty checkerplate front end and windscreen bracing. Might take a little while. If you're gonna be a w*nker, may as well go all out right??? :)

nowoolies
24th June 2011, 04:00 PM
cool looking rig mate

BenGood
24th June 2011, 04:04 PM
This site has so many awesome people on it! Glad I signed up! Thanks for all your compliments on my junkbox!

Forced Offroad
24th June 2011, 05:22 PM
love it. Same colour as mine with v8 but gq.

Maxhead
24th June 2011, 05:45 PM
That looks bloody tough mate...nice

Woof
24th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Very nice there Ben, would love to hear the sound it makes.

NissanGQ4.2
24th June 2011, 07:54 PM
Hi Mate, nice lookin rig, did you work out your photo resizing? U can use Microsoft paint or try this nice little program, which is what i use http://www.fotosizer.com/

Do you get out 2 Stockton much???

BenGood
25th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Mate, I've never had it on stockton! Call me lazy, but I just never have! I have always wondered how well the Dreadnought would go out there!

Oh, and Dogman, I'll get a video done VERY soon mate!

snicko
25th June 2011, 09:05 PM
Your rig looks awesome !!!! Look forward to the vids to watch and hear it in action.

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2011, 09:42 PM
Mate, I've never had it on stockton! Call me lazy, but I just never have! I have always wondered how well the Dreadnought would go out there!

Oh, and Dogman, I'll get a video done VERY soon mate!

You have beautiful sand dunes at your doorstep and and have never taken Dreadnought there, All i can hear is Dreadnought saying.........take me there........take me there.........I just wanna play in the sand!!!!

And I'm sure dreadnought would perform well in the sand

Finly Owner
25th June 2011, 10:17 PM

Ben try painting gloss black dots through a stencil (like bolts/ribbets) then rub them back lightly with wet & dry. May need a touch of matt clear to finsh them. Should do the trick.

Tim

BenGood
26th June 2011, 08:50 AM
Hmmmm! Good thinking, I'll give it a go!

BenGood
26th June 2011, 09:34 AM
Here's another one pre-v8

BenGood
26th June 2011, 09:39 AM
And the Dreadnoughts sexy bum

BenGood
26th June 2011, 09:41 AM
And when I tried to paint it Flouro Orange but didn't know I needed a white base colour instead of black.

Finly Owner
26th June 2011, 10:24 PM
Hmmmm! Good thinking, I'll give it a go!
I know, that's why I said it. PML.

Tim

macca86
27th June 2011, 08:06 PM
nice one I'd help if you were closer have some scrap steel at work and a boilermaker build an outside roll cage and have armor plate around it but might be a bit heavy foe offroad unless you wanna super charge that motor or twin turbo. if only money wasn't a limiting factor!

Russell1974
28th June 2011, 11:31 AM
nice lookin rig u have

Nick74
28th June 2011, 09:01 PM
Hey Ben

I just bought a GU to replace the 80 and signed up here
Can't wait to here the 355 - last time I saw ur Pootroll she stopped at random intervals up at the lease...........hehehehehe
If you wanna go to Stocko let me know as I'm only 5 mins from there

Cheers
Nick

BenGood
30th June 2011, 09:03 PM
Silence nick!!!!!!

Nick74
30th June 2011, 09:13 PM
Yes Ben.......................

Finly Owner
30th June 2011, 09:55 PM
Hey Ben

I just bought a GU to replace the 80 and signed up here
Can't wait to here the 355 - last time I saw ur Pootroll she stopped at random intervals up at the lease...........hehehehehe
If you wanna go to Stocko let me know as I'm only 5 mins from there

Cheers
Nick
Gold! We like this stuff here, LOL , hahahahaha.

Tim

Clunk
1st July 2011, 12:47 AM
great looking rig you got there mate, very tough indeed

BenGood
2nd July 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks Clunk! It makes for the perfect "extension"! :)

Nick, my Patrol was stopped at all those intervals up there simply because you were in that Mormon 80 series T**ota, (no swearing allowed here). When it stopped for those brief moments, I was just staging a breakdown so that you had time to catch up. I'm not questioning your driving ability at all, but the fact that you were in that horrible L**d Cr**ser was a real setback. Now that you are the owner of a more socially acceptable vehicle, I won't have to stop and wait anymore and we'll be able to do some really good driving! Looking forward to it mate! :D

Finly Owner
2nd July 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks Clunk! It makes for the perfect "extension"! :)

Nick, my Patrol was stopped at all those intervals up there simply because you were in that Mormon 80 series T**ota, (no swearing allowed here). When it stopped for those brief moments, I was just staging a breakdown so that you had time to catch up. I'm not questioning your driving ability at all, but the fact that you were in that horrible L**d Cr**ser was a real setback. Now that you are the owner of a more socially acceptable vehicle, I won't have to stop and wait anymore and we'll be able to do some really good driving! Looking forward to it mate! :D
And the Silver tongue goes to you for a top answer.

Tim

BenGood
3rd July 2011, 09:26 AM
Thankyou kind sir! I do my best!

Nick74
3rd July 2011, 08:54 PM
When do we get to hear and see the 355 in action Ben?

patch697
3rd July 2011, 11:49 PM

Video please..... We love videos here,,,lol

Finly Owner
4th July 2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah when? Ben?

Tim

BenGood
7th July 2011, 07:44 PM
Why do you all wanna perve on my lover!!!! I shall put some video's up very soon, but it has to be at a point in time when the Dreadnought doesn't expect it! If she knew that I was putting raunchy video's of her on the internet, she'd break down on me and she'd never speak to me through her sweet exhaust pipes again!!! You'll all just have to be patient!

BenGood
7th July 2011, 07:54 PM
During open heart surgery. Luckily she's under full anaesthetic

AB
7th July 2011, 08:12 PM
How did she recover...lol

BenGood
8th July 2011, 08:18 AM
She isn't awake yet

BenGood
8th October 2011, 09:50 AM
She's up now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVj7vjT4f-c

Finly Owner
8th October 2011, 11:33 PM
The revs killed the audio try and re-record it Ben from not so close.

Tim