PDA

View Full Version : Female Drivers.

AB
29th July 2010, 04:52 PM
A member has asked that we poll this and see what responses we get.

Please see above for the poll for the girls.

Ok girls hears your chance to spill the beans about yourselves, your 4WD's, Driving habits & mishaps.

(Maybe even show us guys a thing or to while you at it)

Your fellas are free to dob you in if your too chicken.

Maxhead
29th July 2010, 05:28 PM
Mine will drive on road and tow the camper trailer as well as some dirt roads but refused to drive as soon as it gets a bit too bumpy..haha
She'll come around one day..... it's not for a lack of encouragement or reassurance either

Danny
29th July 2010, 08:27 PM
We need an option to choose "no she hates it, if theres no toilet and shower she is not keen".

My little """"princess"""" hates roughing it up. Everytime i drag her out in the wild I have to build princess a toilet using 4 tent poles, tarp, dig a 4 foot hole, build a plynth frame and wack the toilet seat on top...haha

I have also installed a hot water system that runs through the engine, mind you It's not bad if your camping next to a river.

DX grunt
29th July 2010, 11:30 PM
The only time I will let my missus drive my truck is when I'm phist!

Maxhead
30th July 2010, 06:54 AM
The only time I will let my missus drive my truck is when I'm phist!

So, she would do most of the driving then..hahah

DX grunt
30th July 2010, 08:33 AM
So, she would do most of the driving then..hahah

Sorry man, but that's a big negatory

My damage = my fault
Her damage = my fault. LOL

My truck is my ticket to seeing 'The Great Outdoors'. Broken, I can't.

I'm extra passionate about this subject.

JacquiO
15th December 2010, 01:00 AM
Trying to find away to get the hubby out of the drivers seat hmmmm
Getting the keys first does not seem to work,

Perhaps pink seat covers might do the trick lol

Baileys
15th December 2010, 01:34 AM
Trying to find away to get the hubby out of the drivers seat hmmmm
Getting the keys first does not seem to work,

Perhaps pink seat covers might do the trick lol
Hi JacquiO, Just sit there and say nothing...He'll think something is wrong. A man always does. Then say that "you never get to drive".
Otherwise, his 4B is one thing that he thinks is his, and your not worthy to drive his rig.
I don't know your man, But I spent countless weekends trying to get my wife to take over and have a go but she's just not interested.
Try the reverse phycology thing???
"Baileys"

Bigrig
15th December 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi JacquiO, Just sit there and say nothing...He'll think something is wrong. A man always does. Then say that "you never get to drive".
Otherwise, his 4B is one thing that he thinks is his, and your not worthy to drive his rig.
I don't know your man, But I spent countless weekends trying to get my wife to take over and have a go but she's just not interested.
Try the reverse phycology thing???
"Baileys"

Mines the opposite!!! I can't hit third gear in any situation before she tells me to pull over and give her a drive ... let's put that in context ... Tank has been bogged once, not by me ... Tank has been in one accident, I wasn't driving ... get the picture?? There is only one solution and as it turns out, we pick it up later this week!!!! She bought a Jeep Rubicon (traded in the holden) ... I can't wait to do the same things to hers!! *lmfao* ...

Bigrig
16th December 2010, 12:25 AM
Go sick Scotty! But I reckon she'll be pretty protective of her new baby and you might struggle to get a drive!

Oh I will brother, I will ... two keys come with the car for a reason!!! lolol ...

beansathome
16th December 2010, 01:13 AM
i only just got my wife 2 drive my gu down to the shops. she refuses 2 park it any closer then 1km lol. also looks funny having P plates on it.

ecrusty
7th January 2011, 01:35 PM
My misso loves to camp under the stars.......5 stars that is!!
If there is no shower, toilet, air con and shopping she's not keen.
I can't even drive over a speed bump without her freaking out.
I guess that means I'll have to leave her at home doesen't it.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2011, 10:36 PM
well boys i got one in a million,my lady will camp fish hunt in the wide open spaces
will go most tracks and hills with me, if she,s worried about a strech of track or hill
she will get out and walk until i get threw or over the scary bit, let her in the drivers seat
haa thats not good cant get me truck back till we find a scary bit

roofy

Spock
11th February 2011, 08:57 PM
well boys i got one in a million,my lady will camp fish hunt in the wide open spaces
will go most tracks and hills with me, if she,s worried about a strech of track or hill
she will get out and walk until i get threw or over the scary bit, let her in the drivers seat

roofy

I got me one of those, I call her the sequel, I didn't like the first one.....

patch697
11th February 2011, 09:00 PM
I got me one of those, I call her the sequel, I didn't like the first one.....

ROFLMAO..............Top marks.......I must remember that one.

patch697
11th February 2011, 09:02 PM

roofy

Your one lucky fella roofy, I've struck out that many times now I've all but given up.......lololololololol

growler2058
23rd February 2011, 07:06 PM
My betta half champs at the bit to take the troll to the limits (flogs it like a borrowed horse) has shown a coupla blokes up 2, will also give her prado a bit of a go 2"lift and MTZ but much more protective of it. This pic prior to lift and MTZ's

tracemul7
2nd March 2011, 09:44 PM
I love taking the Patrol out :)
It's so much fun to drive, and loved taking it on the tracks round the Grampians over xmas.
We hope to have an off-road trip later in the year, and I will defo be fighting my hubby for who is gonna drive!
I let my hubby do most of the modding stuff, as he's pretty good with that stuff!

We really enjoy camping, and plan to go on some more trips around Australia, and we'll def be taking our patrol :D

Finly Owner
2nd March 2011, 09:59 PM
good for you guys. Could put in twin steer wheels.....LOL

rkinsey
2nd March 2011, 10:09 PM
I voted for my missus...... she loves 4WD but only as a passenger. I've been trying to get her to have a go so that she knows how to operate the 'trol in the bush in case I'm unable to do so (saftey first) but she wont. Not yet anyway... Oh well, it did take me 5 years just to get a veggie patch in the back yard.... small steps I suppose.

But hey, at least she can take it around the block at home...... actually she only takes it around the block so she can move it out of the way to get her ford out of the carport... yes she does drive it around the block so she doesnt have to do a 5 point turn in the street!!!!!!!

DX grunt
2nd March 2011, 11:13 PM
Oh well, it did take me 5 years just to get a veggie patch in the back yard.... small steps I suppose.

That's right. You can't rush these things. lol

katwoman
3rd March 2011, 07:58 AM
had my first driving lesson yesterday ! Sooked out at the HUGE hill, but. Coupla creek crossings and played in a bit of mud.
So far so good.

Bob
3rd March 2011, 09:15 AM
had my first driving lesson yesterday ! Sooked out at the HUGE hill, but. Coupla creek crossings and played in a bit of mud.
So far so good.

Just remember Kat that the Patrol you have is quite powerful when using the Low Reduction Gears and will take you to places you cant imagine. Glad you are taking lessons. I was lucky that I was taught to Drive when I was just old enough to reach the pedals. It was in a Willy's Jeep 4WD but not that powerful. Great to Drive though.

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 09:54 AM
So far so good.

Top job Kat!! You'll be killing the harder stuff in no time!!

katwoman
4th March 2011, 07:38 AM
Just remember Kat that the Patrol you have is quite powerful when using the Low Reduction Gears and will take you to places you cant imagine. Glad you are taking lessons. I was lucky that I was taught to Drive when I was just old enough to reach the pedals. It was in a Willy's Jeep 4WD but not that powerful. Great to Drive though.

'Lessons' are consisting of Hubby taking me out to a place not far from home in the T....T....Toy... the other car while I learn the basics.

Sir Roofy
4th March 2011, 08:06 AM
These basics are the core to 4x4 driving learning to pick your lines as to where to place your vechicle
are important

hekarewe
4th March 2011, 10:05 AM
Mines the opposite!!! I can't hit third gear in any situation before she tells me to pull over and give her a drive ... let's put that in context ... Tank has been bogged once, not by me ... Tank has been in one accident, I wasn't driving ... get the picture?? There is only one solution and as it turns out, we pick it up later this week!!!! She bought a Jeep Rubicon (traded in the holden) ... I can't wait to do the same things to hers!! *lmfao* ...

And thats how the fight started!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

hekarewe
4th March 2011, 10:08 AM
my wife is very good of but lacks confidence and if she its a bit to hard will just not do it,, first time she drove the old paj she went throu a rocky creekbed and then climbed a b+ hill unfortunatly she distracted half way up by rear seat passanger (Danny) and turn at the wrong time sitting the rear ontop of large rock lol will be hoping to get her driving the trol soon see how shr goes with that

nowoolies
4th March 2011, 10:35 AM
So far so good.

onya Kat go girl, that hill will be behind you in no time.

nowoolies
4th March 2011, 10:38 AM
my lady put the first set of pinstripes on the new bus dodgeing a rock about the size of a sixpac ...lmao
but she is sloooooowwlly getting behind the wheel , wont be long then i can sit in the back and make sure the engel is ok lmao

ute351
29th March 2011, 01:31 PM
The missus is more than happy to be behind the wheel in any situation. It's her everyday car and shes reluctant to let ME drive her baby. She's already towed 2 cars with it, and is happy to get greasy under the bonnet working on it herself. We've had it 5 months but only had the chance to take it offroad once at Christmas. She can't wait to take it out over easter and I doubt I'll get much of a play.

Bear
3rd April 2011, 10:59 AM
The wife our patrol for her everyday car but leaves the 4wd driving, driving in snow and towing for me

frenzy
3rd April 2011, 12:12 PM
My wife is not exactly a 4WD nut, but she is happy to get out camping with the kids and go over a few bumps. She's happy to drive the Patrol on the bitumen but won't try it off road!

I recently made the mistake of showing her a few videos on youtube of vehicle rollovers/accidents.... Shouldn't have done that!

valtchanova
19th April 2011, 08:07 AM
Being a girl, I can vouch for the Troll - my bro is comfortable driving whatever, but I only feel confident offroading in the Troll for some reason. As for roughing it - taking it in stages is what worked for me - but then again - I've been to Glastonbury festival and there (on a bad year) it's just mud,mud, mud and you have to walk through it - no trucks allowed, so a music festival might be a launch for your girls that are a bit reluctant to rough it in the woods straight away :)

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2011, 08:28 AM

roofy

My wife is like yours, roofy, keen to go offroad any time, but still a smooth dirt road driver, yet to start the rougher stuff.

snicko
8th May 2011, 01:19 AM
I can't vote because there is no circle to tick that is my situation. " Full on (but has to share the driving on and off the road)"

My hubby and I fight over the steering wheel all the time!!!!!! I'm sure he checks the K's when I drive so when its his turn he gets the same!!

I want to drive all the time and am not allowed!!!!

I do the research, get all the work done to the rig so should'nt I get to drive more?? huh??? huh????

Camping is great....just love it....

patch697
8th May 2011, 01:24 AM
I can't vote because there is no circle to tick that is my situation. " Full on (but has to share the driving on and off the road)"

My hubby and I fight over the steering wheel all the time!!!!!! I'm sure he checks the K's when I drive so when its his turn he gets the same!!

I want to drive all the time and am not allowed!!!!

I do the research, get all the work done to the rig so should'nt I get to drive more?? huh??? huh????

Camping is great....just love it....

mate, you sure did some work just digging up this thread......lololol

timbar
8th May 2011, 01:27 AM
nite aoll sleep well wictch u all tomorrow

snicko
8th May 2011, 01:29 AM
Busy having a good look around!!!! Keep eyes peeled as there could be more hahahahaha

Clunk
8th May 2011, 02:02 AM
Busy having a good look around!!!! Keep eyes peeled as there could be more hahahahaha

there's always more lmao

Clunk
8th May 2011, 02:08 AM
my missus flatly refuses to drive mine, reckons it was too big................ funny thing is though, we were outside a Nissan dealership a couple of weeks back, when she asks "Whats car is that?" pointing to a brand new GU............... "It's a Patrol dear",
"Oh I really like that, looks very nice!!!" she says
"but I thought you said they were too big dear and you'd never drive one!!!!????"
to which her reply was............... "I said I didn't want to drive your big old piece of cr*p!!!!!!"
well I was gobsmacked I can tell ya ...... ROFLMAO

Maxhead
8th May 2011, 09:37 AM
my missus flatly refuses to drive mine, reckons it was too big................ funny thing is though, we were outside a Nissan dealership a couple of weeks back, when she asks "Whats car is that?" pointing to a brand new GU............... "It's a Patrol dear",
"but I thought you said they were too big dear and you'd never drive one!!!!????"
to which her reply was............... "I said I didn't want to drive your big old piece of cr*p!!!!!!"

Excellent...haha.

Good excuse to get a new Troll!! LOL

patch697
8th May 2011, 10:13 AM

ROFLMAO.................. & who said that males were the materialistic ones.....lol

Clunk
8th May 2011, 10:29 AM
Excellent...haha.

Good excuse to get a new Troll!! LOL

ROFLMAO.................. & who said that males were the materialistic ones.....lol

I may be materialistic but at least I'm realistic and live withing my means!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha................. well mostly

Clunk
8th May 2011, 10:02 PM
It also goes to prove that the GU is more of a ladies car hahahahahaha

Ghost
8th May 2011, 10:23 PM
wont let her drive mine her car looks like Stevie Wonder owned it, dents all around. Purchase a new car then at 6 years of age i usually sell it to a wreckers as its cheaper the fixing it up. If it makes it to that age she has destroyed the last two in under 5 years. Now see why she cant drive mine :)

maverick1
10th May 2011, 09:51 PM

roofy

hey roofy, so great you see her like that..... I have a maverick and have driven it with a 22 ft caravan attached! Haven't been able to do alot of off road as I have had to rebuild the front hubs.... but I definately looking forward to taking it offroad!

Rustyboner81
21st August 2012, 05:12 PM
my girl loves the GQ big and sexy she reckons, i'd have to agree. she only a cute little thing, gets very excited and has a bit of a scream especially on those big, long steep decents.

she's getting the courage up to have a go. but it's a giant step up from the deawoo matiz (tiny gold turd).

only got 2" lift and she has to jump up to get in it hahahaha

Winnie
21st August 2012, 06:09 PM
my girl loves the GQ big and sexy

What's that the GQ or the missus??

Tappa tappa

threedogs
21st August 2012, 06:24 PM
If you join a club , then you'll both learn how to 4x4 properly with their driver awareness programe. best thing a couple can do.
what happens if hubbie gets crook and can't drive home?????????????????????Just stay there?
worth every cent , then some, get rid of any bad habits as well

Rustyboner81
22nd August 2012, 06:27 PM
What's that the GQ or the missus??

Tappa tappa

Dude, just dont ok...

good point three dogs

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 03:25 PM
She bought a Jeep!

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 03:27 PM
get rid of any bad habits as well
Like revving the guts out of the car driving at +100km/h in 4th, or instantaneously engaging the clutch while breaking?