PDA

View Full Version : aux battery in a 2001 gu with abs????

tappethead
23rd June 2011, 03:56 PM
hi again guys and gals of the forum can someone please tell me if they have every fitted a second battery under the bonnet of a 2001 gu 4.5liter with abs? as i cant seem to find any one that sells a battery tray for this modification the main problem is the abs system is in the way.(so i'v been lead to believe) have spoken to a couple of other guys and they all seem to be telling me to have it in the back the only purpose for the duel battery system is to run a fridge (80 liter waeco) and eventually a uhf etc. its a 5 door wagon 5 speed manual with the aux fuel tank with abs.
once again many thanks for your advice and input...

Sir Roofy
23rd June 2011, 04:03 PM
hi again guys and gals of the forum can someone please tell me if they have every fitted a second battery under the bonnet of a 2001 gu 4.5liter with abs? As i cant seem to find any one that sells a battery tray for this modification the main problem is the abs system is in the way.(so i'v been lead to believe) have spoken to a couple of other guys and they all seem to be telling me to have it in the back the only purpose for the duel battery system is to run a fridge (80 liter waeco) and eventually a uhf etc. Its a 5 door wagon 5 speed manual with the aux fuel tank with abs.
Once again many thanks for your advice and input...

hi mate thers no room in the engine bay for a second battery,mine is in the back

patch697
23rd June 2011, 04:17 PM
hi mate thers no room in the engine bay for a second battery,mine is in the back

^^^^^^ yep done a few like that now, sealed box in the back with an external vent pipe (just like on a gas internal gas tank) & you run your cables through it as well.

tappethead
24th June 2011, 02:40 PM
cool thanks for the input guys in the back it goes...

fixer982
28th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Same as the others. I have a Ti with ABS and I had the same problem. In the back it went. I explored every type of alternative, and the closest I got was some sort of half size batteries, but that seemed to defeat teh purpose. Just make sure you get a good Deep Cycle battery for the aux.