PDA

View Full Version : 2003 patrol

kemsafe@bigpond.com
22nd June 2011, 07:58 PM
I am looking at a 2003 automatic deisal patrol to purchase
I have been told not to touch as these are the ones with significant motor problems
Can anyone advise me on how true this is

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 08:21 PM
have a read threw the forum theres lots of info on z30s there

hekarewe
23rd June 2011, 08:59 AM
I am looking at a 2003 automatic deisal patrol to purchase
I have been told not to touch as these are the ones with significant motor problems
Can anyone advise me on how true this is

from my understanding the patrols that had the issues with were series 1 &2 seris 3 which came out in 03 were better i would be looking at where it is a late 03 model or not and the milage and service histroy if you can get it also try and find out if the EGR valve has been bloked or not if not bloke it as this will improve performance and help protect the engine. i was lucky i found a late modl 03 Gu with very low milage and a sound service history all i had to do was the EGR hope this helps

kemsafe@bigpond.com
24th June 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks I have found out it is a november 03 so will ask ealer about the service history as they have maintained the vehicle
reg

deleonmaximo
2nd May 2012, 02:02 PM
i like tihs patrol 2004

jimmyz
2nd May 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Kemsafe
I have a 2003 GUIII (Built Date 12/03) Auto 3.0L
Bought this car as i suited my price rang,needs and are good of road.Mine has 130,000km was one owner with full service history (serviced evry 5,000km)
Dident realise there were engine problems with the ZD30 motor.
I have posted a thread in relation to the Turbos (Search "Turboglide")
As i like my Patrol and wish to keep it i am willing to try the recomended mods (NADS)
From what i can gather it is the turbo on the Patrol ZD30 motor which over boost and is the main cause of the problem. Some one please correct me if im wrong.
The thread i have posted talks about replacing the turbo with the NAVARA 3.0L turbo it uses the same ZD30 motor and has not had the same engine problems. Again please someone correct me if im wrong.

Hope this helps

Jimmy