PDA

View Full Version : Trip for August Advice

big_fletch
22nd June 2011, 08:12 PM
Howdy guys, I have a couple of weeks off in august which me and a few mates were planning on going to explore Dargo area.. My question is, I know its currently snow season in vic and was wondering if maybe wasn't best option as don't know how many of the tracks will be closed or inaccessible..
Does anyone know what the chances are of actually being able to go most places would be? Or a website, contacts where I could get info??
If maybe Dargo isn't an option, any recommendations on where a good travel destination could be around middle of August? Don't really wanna be stuck at home doing nothing lol

Fletcha

patch697
22nd June 2011, 08:23 PM
The DSE control track closures up there Fletch so that would be my first port of call for info..... Try there web site

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 08:33 PM
Howdy guys, I have a couple of weeks off in august which me and a few mates were planning on going to explore Dargo area.. My question is, I know its currently snow season in vic and was wondering if maybe wasn't best option as don't know how many of the tracks will be closed or inaccessible..
Does anyone know what the chances are of actually being able to go most places would be? Or a website, contacts where I could get info??
If maybe Dargo isn't an option, any recommendations on where a good travel destination could be around middle of August? Don't really wanna be stuck at home doing nothing lol

Fletcha

if you go to dargo theres grant and talbotville you could visit nothing there but open space but full of history then theres bull town nothing there either if the rivers not to high theres heaps of crossings there steep climbs that will test you and your rig try collingwood spur not bad but could give you a thrill its cold there very little fire would but interesting none the less .then you could travel back to crooked river lots of crossings again
so long as the river is not to high
dont forget to drop in for a beer

Woof
22nd June 2011, 08:48 PM
WA is always open Fletcha, just have your passport ready at the border mate http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Bigrig
22nd June 2011, 08:55 PM
We got plenty of spots to take you around Brissy mate - and you're welcome to camp here to base yourself somewhere ... and maybe have a few coldies!!!

big_fletch
22nd June 2011, 09:02 PM
Haha thanks guys, still trying to work out where I gonna go.. Prefer to be out exploring than sitting at home like I said lol.. Don't often get couple of weeks off, so many choices out there

patch697
22nd June 2011, 09:30 PM
Your only in shep Fletch so why not go explore the Grampians mate I'll help you out with maps & if possible even come along & not far from my place & I could put up 3 to 4 ppl here with no probs.

big_fletch
22nd June 2011, 10:31 PM
Your only in shep Fletch so why not go explore the Grampians mate I'll help you out with maps & if possible even come along & not far from my place & I could put up 3 to 4 ppl here with no probs.

Hadn't thought about that mate, but its a good idea as I haven't been there before.. Might do some investigating on that

Bob
23rd June 2011, 03:43 PM
Hadn't thought about that mate, but its a good idea as I haven't been there before.. Might do some investigating on that

I have been over there mate and there are some great spots to visit and with Patch's knowledge could be a good trip for you.

Best of Luck sorting it out.

patch697
23rd June 2011, 05:07 PM
I have been over there mate and there are some great spots to visit and with Patch's knowledge could be a good trip for you.

Best of Luck sorting it out.

My knowledge isn't all "THAT" great Bob but I do have a Regen 17 Map book (don't ask) & that will get us wherever we want to go.... Why don't you come along to mate? Your not all that far away yourself.....

MudRunnerTD
29th July 2011, 05:18 PM
You could head over to Loveday 4x4 park in SA for a few days and then catchup with patch on teh way or the way back

Check out the calender

http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/Calender.html

have fun mate, dont waste it