PDA

View Full Version : Attached photos displaying upside down

mudski
28th January 2020, 07:54 AM
Its a long standing issue for me, and for many, I assume. Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to correct it? I've tried flipping the saved pic before I upload it but that doesn't work.

Cheers.

Cremulator
28th January 2020, 08:14 AM
Yeh, have a look at this info.
https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

It basically mentions that with camera phones they have a sensor to detect if you're taking the photo in landscape or portrait orientation and when you "rotate" a photo on that device it just adds a tag to the EXIF data so that device knows which way it should be displayed, but not all devices are the same, so it works on some but not all devices.

Cremulator
28th January 2020, 08:19 AM
Experiment with some different apps. I've found 'snapseed' to be good for editing on Android and 'metadata remover' good for clearing EXIF data.

04OFF
28th January 2020, 09:48 PM
Try flipping image, then right click on image, open with paint, file, save image as, save as jpeg, rename it, and it should save the correct orientation as it is now a completely new image.

04OFF
28th January 2020, 10:18 PM
Just used this method on the same pic 3 times and as you can see, it saves whatever orientation you set :tongue:

mudski
29th January 2020, 04:22 PM
Just used this method on the same pic 3 times and as you can see, it saves whatever orientation you set :tongue:

Oh my! Thats a mad az fat pipe bro hanging out the back! ;)

Thanks mate, I will give this a shot.

04OFF
29th January 2020, 10:00 PM
Oh my! Thats a mad az fat pipe bro hanging out the back! ;)

LOL ,Thats what happens when you sell your car to your 21 year old son..................... and only about a month before, id spent $400 on the exhaust, only for half of it to just go straight in the bin !

mudski
30th January 2020, 07:00 AM
LOL ,Thats what happens when you sell your car to your 21 year old son..................... and only about a month before, id spent $400 on the exhaust, only for half of it to just go straight in the bin !

Haha! Maybe he should have bought a WRX for that pipe.

mudski
30th January 2020, 09:32 PM
Try flipping image, then right click on image, open with paint, file, save image as, save as jpeg, rename it, and it should save the correct orientation as it is now a completely new image.

Thanks mate this worked a treat.