PDA

View Full Version : Chip It installation

Chambo Off to Work We Go
21st June 2011, 11:26 PM
I know this chip comes with all sorts of instructions from the manufacturer in WA.
But if you're not game to have a crack at that, anybody know where to take it for fitting?

Anybody got one with a recommendation?

Would an auto-electrician do it, or better to go to one of the 4wd places like TJM or ARB etc.

Preferably in Adelaide!

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 11:29 PM
I'd be heading to a 4wd outlet mate - their staff may not be the best mechanic, or the best auto sparky, etc out there, but odds on they've at least installed it!! I've been to auto sparkies (who provably knew their stuff) who haven't even wired up a winch previously, so be very specific and ask the question first before booking it in.

Good luck with it boss!!

nowoolies
22nd June 2011, 12:24 AM
g`day Cambo
what chip have you got and where in W A did you get it
im over here and could go find out for you if you like

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 08:25 AM
Hi chambo
if your not sure how to do it go to tjm or arb
they at least should be able to assist you
they promote these chips so they should be
able to do it

my third 256
23rd June 2011, 04:43 AM
with your 2008 patrol it should only be a plug and play situation /unplug at back of common rail and plug in the harner
that is what i did no need to hard wire anything in i have a no limit chip purchaced on ebay read this thread it might help
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1527-ebay-cheep-diesel-power-chip
stephen

patch697
23rd June 2011, 08:49 AM
I know this chip comes with all sorts of instructions from the manufacturer in WA.
But if you're not game to have a crack at that, anybody know where to take it for fitting?

Anybody got one with a recommendation?

Would an auto-electrician do it, or better to go to one of the 4wd places like TJM or ARB etc.

Preferably in Adelaide!

I have just recently sent these guys an email inviting them to the forum, from all reports they have a really good product.

If you visit there web site they have a list of dealers in all states for there product. Im tipping if you get the one closest to you & give them a call you'll be able to find out what it is your asking.

my third 256
23rd June 2011, 10:05 AM
just had a look at instructions and it is a plug and play job just plug into the rear of the common rail and away you go