PDA

View Full Version : 3 litre common rails

Dark 1
21st June 2011, 08:53 PM
After opinions on the 2007 onwards 3.0 common rails, would like to know ideas of feul consumption, towing ability & general power delivery/reliability reports.
Thanks in advance.

nowoolies
22nd June 2011, 06:40 AM
g`day mate

well you opened a can of worms on this one with me
my fuel consumption is absolutle cr@p i have 24.000 klm on the clock

it dont mater if im on the highway , or around town , overdrive on , overdrive off ,
in the dirt / sand ect, 4 high , or 4 low , long drives, short drives , my average is.........5.48klm per litre
seems odd to me no matter what i do driveing i get the same mileage
i recon it`s got something to do with the computor
BUT!!!!!
our dear friends at nissan Australia are being as helpfull as a hat full of a$$holes as USUAL.....
it`s within parameters they say but wont give the parameters to me , proberly to wide to put in the mail hahahahaha

i have met a few other nissan owners now with the same year and same month and a few with give or take a couple of months
most have heaps better mileage but there a few that have not so good , and when one finds the bad ones the mileage is very poor .
now i know the Patrol has the aerodynamic`s of a house brick but when they advertise from new , 10.7 klm per litre, i would think i could get a little better than what my vehicle achieves.
i met a bloke at O L a couple of months back we both were getting a few bits fitted to the buses , our vehicles are just about identical including colour , (i say that so nissan cant say differant colour differant mileage )
the excuses nissan come up with are just to stupid and too long to type tonight ....yup im having a BIG bitch here!!!!
and he showed me his log book i nealy fell off the chair his average was 9.2 klm per litre .......towing a 25 foot van across the bight ....twice
this shows me the vehicle is more than capible of achiveing a good mileage WITHOUT MODS to the engine
i showed my log book to him and he was dumbfounded,
any road that my bitch for tonight hope this helps
apart from that its a great bus to drive .......ANYWHERE

Dark 1
22nd June 2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your reply paul, i expected to get a mixed reaction. Not real sure what to do but just think with what were planning for the future now is the time to make a change, have to sit on it a while & think about it. Definately don't want to buy a crapota.

Sir Roofy
22nd June 2011, 04:44 PM
ive been looking around for some time and have mixed feelings about the 3ls theres a lot with big mileages on them
and not so much on others.fuel goes up and down,from 13lts/100ks to 18l/100s depends on your driving style ,whether your towing playing in mud or just on the black top.then theres the mods that can be done,reading some of this info can get quite daunting and confuseing but if you service regular and maintane your vehical it cant be any worse than other brands ?

teleman
11th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Hey guys. Just thought i'd share my GU in this thread.
Although mine is an older model, (01) and its a DI not common rail, i still think its worth putting in putting in my 2 cents.
Im in a gigging band, and we use my troll for every gig. The car is allways full when going to a gig, and sometimes a small trailer on the back as well.
I still manage 900 k's out of both tanks.
My family has had plenty of patrol's from GQ to GU, petrol/gas and diesel, and this is the best one we've had. So yeah, even with the extra weight of all our
gear, i recon all 3lts patrols do better on long trips.

The 3lts are great. just try a few different ones before you buy. hehe.
Happy hunting.

DrHarry
18th July 2011, 06:21 PM
I have a 2008 CRD manual. I was initially disappointed with the 15-17l/100km. Then I blocked EGR and it seemed to improve a bit (took a while to "settle in"), then the addition of a 2.5" exhaust seems to be better again. I am now getting around 11-11.5 pretty consistently.

You should note that I have diesel gas and these figures are ONLY for the diesel so things are not quite as good as they seem...but the gas costs bugger all for the 24L that goes with each tank. I can get about 650-700km out of my 80L main tank reliably now. Range was what I was after most.

I am happy with the power. Overtaking has really improved with EGR and exhaust.

Hope that helps.

madmax800
30th July 2011, 04:51 PM
I have 2007 , Auto, fuel was crap.

Now I have EGR blocked, 2.75 Beaudesert Mandral Exhaust and she goes like a rocket. My wife drive it to work and back daily.

Have a scan gauge 2 fitted.

City suburb driving getting around 9.8 to 11 Ks/100 km

Really happy

YNOT
30th July 2011, 04:59 PM
I have 2007 , Auto, fuel was crap.

Now I have EGR blocked, 2.75 Beaudesert Mandral Exhaust and she goes like a rocket. My wife drive it to work and back daily.

Have a scan gauge 2 fitted.

City suburb driving getting around 9.8 to 11 Ks/100 km

Really happy

Welcome to the forum Madmax. Now that you're here why not drop by the introductions page and tell us a bit about yourself and your Patrol.

Tony