PDA

View Full Version : what about kelly?

Trolly
20th June 2011, 10:45 PM
As the title says, what about kelly safari tsr? can they be added to the list? cheers.

Maxhead
21st June 2011, 07:00 AM
As the title says, what about kelly safari tsr? can they be added to the list? cheers.

Do you mean the tyre feedback list? If so easily done mate

Maxhead
21st June 2011, 07:09 AM
I've done the Kelly's.

If you come across any new/different brands feel free to post them up .

Cheers

bordertech
21st March 2012, 02:16 AM
In my experience Kellys are a very under rated tyre. Now a subsidary of Good Year Keely Springfields were the first company to manufacture pnuematic tyres over a hundred years ago.
I've ran 35" Kelly AWR's (AT) and they stood up to some punishment. Tyre wear was good.

Col.T
8th February 2013, 08:02 PM
It's been a long time between replies on the Kellys.
I had a 4.2d for about 400K and found the tyre that gave me 80k absolute minimum with mainly bitumen and graded use but included about 30+k pulling a 2t. 'van and a fair bit of sand work with the odd bit of inland creek bed crawling etc. etc. was the Kelly AWR.
Got to admit I'm an old fart who was taught by his daddy to ALWAYS consider the tyres and the brake linings (not to mention fuel use/economy) so when it comes to long life out of all the components versus balls and all macho driving I'll always go for the distance. Jeeeez I'm weak but I do better on the Kwaka 1500 at least.
The 'new' GU 3.0l CRD came with virtuially new Cooper Discoverer ATR's and they look like not going much over half that distance. Got me whacked why since the usage is the same and hell, N/W roads aren't much different to N/E etc. etc. roads.
What's the answer? Dunno. I'm about to replace the Coopers at the end of their life with a set of Kelly ATR's. The old AWR's aren't available any more, seems, so I'll have to take a punt on the new models.

I'd like ALL the comments and reviews on tyres to include a 'mileage' because that means something. If your use is totally sports focused and the treads are all used up real quick for sport, say so and the message will be understood. Anyway, if you're patient and the new Kelly's last like the old ones, I'll get back to you all in about 4 or 5 years and give you the heads up.