PDA

View Full Version : Rattle and Squeaks

Timbo
28th July 2010, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

Who has an absolutely ANNOYING Squeak or Rattle in/on their Patrol?

Started the old girl up today and I have a rattle in my dash somewhere. Something has come loose or is touching after I pulled the dash out a year ago. It's just started to rattle when Idling cold. It does go away.. but it's annoying!

Also, I have a spotlight that buzzes. I've tried tightening it, punching it, kicking it.. it works for a few seconds, then almost as soon as I turn my back.. Bzzzzzzz.... haha the b!tch just taunts me! It's a love hate relationship. :P

Who's got an annoying sound? :D

Maxhead
28th July 2010, 01:02 PM
Yep, My newish GU has a dash vibration which I can't find....bloody annoying but I'll find the sucker one day

patch697
28th July 2010, 01:24 PM
I thought annoying squeaks & rattles came factory in Patrols?

Mines got a few as well & I have spent many many hours fixing them just to come back from a day out 4Wdriving with a few more so I give up as long as its not mechanical it can rattle & squeak all it likes I'll just turn up the radio....lol

Cheers
Paul

locks
28th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Yep, I hear ya's.

In my older GQ i have been known to fold and wedge playing cards in certain spots to stop the intense vibrating.

I don't think ive ever been in a GQ that didnt rattle.

YNOT
28th July 2010, 07:27 PM
I worked in 2 different Ford dealers for 16 years in total, I chased plenty of annoying rattles in that time. I've been in the boots of cars, hung out car doors and lay on top of engines on road tests, (we used the carpark at the local pub for this) all to find noises. I've found suspension noises by lying on a creeper and hanging onto the car, while someone else drove the car backwards and fowards (in the workshop) to recreate the noise. Dangerous stuff, but we had to find the noises somehow. The dangerous methods were only employed when everything else had failed.

The most difficult and dangerous noises to find are the ones that occur in the drivers footwell, because you have to drive AND find the noise yourself. Anywhere else in the car and you can have one person drive while another tries to locate the noise.

Rattles ARE standard fitment on GQ and GU Patrols, however some of the rattles were deleted on GU's, probably due to cost cutting!

Tony

patch697
28th July 2010, 07:57 PM
Rattles ARE standard fitment on GQ and GU Patrols, however some of the rattles were deleted on GU's, probably due to cost cutting!

Tony

Lol........... Very well put Tone......lol

Best one I've come across to date....Top marks

Cheers
Paul

Finly Owner
13th August 2010, 09:38 PM
Tony I'm picturing one driving with the other head between his legs looking for noise

Finly Owner
13th August 2010, 09:45 PM
If you can hear rattles and squeaks, the stereos not cranked up enough competing against the UHF

YNOT
13th August 2010, 09:56 PM
Tony I'm picturing one driving with the other head between his legs looking for noise

I saw a couple driving down the M1 towards the Gold Coast a few weeks ago that were, ummm, looking for a noise!!! Must have been very difficult to find, they were at it for at least 10km's.
You see some weird stuff going on in other cars when you're sitting up a bit higher driving a van!

Tony

RustyNails
13th August 2010, 11:21 PM
I worked in 2 different Ford dealers for 16 years in total, I chased plenty of annoying rattles in that time.
Tony

They are FORDS, enough said.

Have a noisy rear swaybar in my GU, the rubber mounts are slightly worn.
Bugs the hell out of me.

Paul