PDA

View Full Version : glow plugs

Michael
28th July 2010, 08:29 AM
Gday everyone from a not so sunny qld. I have a GQ straight six diesel and having dramas with the glow plugs. Basically they don’t work at all. I have power to the master fuse but nothing after that. Im looking for a schematic for the glow plugs circuit but cant find it any where. I have a Haynes manual but not in it for what ever reason. Has anyone got one can anyone help out.

Cheers

Mick

locks
28th July 2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Mick have you downloaded the original factory GQ manual on this site to see if the schematic's in there?

Michael
28th July 2010, 08:59 AM
Hey Mick have you downloaded the original factory GQ manual on this site to see if it is the schematic in there?
Gday Locks. Could you please tell me how to navigate to this
cheers

AB
28th July 2010, 09:08 AM
Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.

Here is the link to the manual.

Let us know if you get stuck. I haven't checked through this manual properly yet but if its not there let us know and we'll sort something out.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

AB
28th July 2010, 09:11 AM
Just moved your thread to here Mick so when others jump on later on they may be able to help you better if its in this category...cheers

patch697
28th July 2010, 11:35 AM
Gday everyone from a not so sunny qld. I have a GQ straight six diesel and having dramas with the glow plugs. Basically they don’t work at all. I have power to the master fuse but nothing after that. Im looking for a schematic for the glow plugs circuit but cant find it any where. I have a Haynes manual but not in it for what ever reason. Has anyone got one can anyone help out.

Cheers

Mick

G/day Mick & welcome to the forum mate.

When you download the GQ workshop manual find the location of the glow plug relay & head for that first off.
More than likely to be the course of your problem.

Cheers
Paul

Finly Owner
29th July 2010, 10:50 PM
Hi Mick and welcome. Where in QLD are you? If you can't get help from here try "Deisel Australia" speak to "Dan" and he may be able to fax something to you. Tim

Michael
30th July 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. Cheers Andy got the manual and found the circuit. One question though, the schematics are hard to read especially the small print and it only gets worse if you enlarge the size. Was wondering if you know of something I can do this end to fix it up. Aside from that bloody great manual thanks heaps. Anyway found the problem to be the relay now the next problem is parting with $100 for a new on. We have the same vehicle in the RAAF so I might see if we have one collecting dust in the store.

Cheers

Mick

AB
30th July 2010, 09:48 AM
The original manual is a huge document that sux up a lot of memory so there's a fine line between been able to download for you guys and been able to read.

If you can let me know what pages you want in better quality Ill post them up here for you Mick.

Same goes for anyone else.

Cheers.

patch697
30th July 2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. Cheers Andy got the manual and found the circuit. One question though, the schematics are hard to read especially the small print and it only gets worse if you enlarge the size. Was wondering if you know of something I can do this end to fix it up. Aside from that bloody great manual thanks heaps. Anyway found the problem to be the relay now the next problem is parting with $100 for a new on. We have the same vehicle in the RAAF so I might see if we have one collecting dust in the store.

Cheers

Mick

Glad to here you found your problem Mick... Top stuff & thanks for letting us know.

If you have anymore problems stop in here first mate.
You might end up saving yourself a lot of time & a few bucks along the way.....

Cheers
Paul

Mr Noss
27th February 2011, 01:56 PM
I have a '96 2.8t with 308000k on the beast . The timing belt tensioner went to god 35000Ks after the timing belt was replaced (225000ks) and took with it ALL things on top of the motor. Had it all fixed but since the glow plug light flashes for about 5 mins after starting and it is getting harder (real hard) to start.
Please help as the all the local auto blokes are useless

Thanks

DX grunt
27th February 2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mr Noss

Where abouts are you from? Just a hint, you may get a better response if you zip over to introductions and introduce yourself and your truck. We love pics on here.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Mr Noss
28th February 2011, 05:12 PM
:bowdown::bowdown:Thanks Ross

I am still trying to get my head around all the things you can do (like find introductions) Will ask my 9 yo grand daughter when she comes over to explain
can strip a car and rebuild but this social networking has got me (nearly) beaten.
Tried to include a photo but thats another story

AB
28th February 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Mr Noss,

Click here to do an introduction ---> http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

To post up a picture just click on "go advanced" which is in the bottom right of this screen from there you can type things but also click this button http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png to upload a photo.

Just ask anything if you get stuck mate.

Mr Noss
28th February 2011, 05:32 PM
The beast has seen a lot, been to places that scared wife and myself witless now getting a bit old for that caper
20 yo in the brain but 62 yo body:xxxx:

Sir Roofy
28th February 2011, 08:13 PM
welcome aboard mr noss another senior most welcome