PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been 4wding in Tassie?

AB
30th May 2010, 08:21 PM
A few people have been asking around the forum's if anyones been 4wding in Tassie.

A lot of us have been down there on the main roads, etc but has anyone been offroad and explored the tracks, etc?

Any good spots?

Patrolling
3rd June 2010, 03:52 PM
Ive only been down there once and went through the Mount William National Park and the bay of fires area.

Some pretty cool beaches and great fishing along that route.

I haven't got any pics of the trip but worth the trip indeed.

There's some great views over the beaches and that, good for the family 4wder for sure.

Runt
8th June 2010, 07:59 PM
Mount Willy Park has some great fishing spots i agree Patrolling.

I have some pics floating around somewhere, I will see if i can get some and put on here.

It's worth a trip down here for you mainlanders, not now though as its freeeeeezing!

rovingtas
4th August 2010, 09:52 AM
check out www.roving.com.au

DX grunt
4th August 2010, 09:58 AM

Welcome rovingtas. Thanks for the update.

Hope u enjoy the forum. It'd be great if u could tell us a bit about yourself and yr truck in the intro section.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
4th August 2010, 10:28 AM

Welcome mate not a bad link that one maybe Andy can put it in our useful web sites section.

As DX grunt said mate stop in at our intro section & tell as a bit about yourself & put some pics of your Rig up in the members Rids section.

I hope you enjoy this forum..... We do

Cheers
Paul

rovingtas
4th August 2010, 11:13 AM
I am not really one of you. I do not have a Nissan. I am a Land Rover man. I was referred to your site by a Nissan owner and in particular the forum about Burke and Wills. I am about to set off following B&W route from Melbourne to the Gulf and was trying to access the information on this site.
I am the author of "Off-road Tasmania" and if anyone is coming over to Tassie please sing out for help.

AB
4th August 2010, 11:19 AM
Good to hear mate, thanks!

Very jealous about your trip, I would love to do that right now!

patch697
4th August 2010, 11:21 AM
I am not really one of you. I do not have a Nissan. I am a Land Rover man. I was referred to your site by a Nissan owner and in particular the forum about Burke and Wills. I am about to set off following B&W route from Melbourne to the Gulf and was trying to access the information on this site.
I am the author of "Off-road Tasmania" and if anyone is coming over to Tassie please sing out for help.

What a great offer thanks for that.... Maybe have a chat to Andy (site Admin) & he can post something up about your offer....

Cheers & thanks again
Paul

JamoGQ
10th June 2012, 06:11 PM
Tassie has some awesome 4wding.

I live in Smithton, the last stop before the arthur river / sandy cape area

Happy to guide anyone around anytime.

Here's part of the Arthur pieman area

oncedisturbed
10th June 2012, 08:22 PM
used to live in Tassie and a small amount through the back of Kingston / Margate back in 93 / 94 but nothing since, hoping to get over next year for a week or 2