PDA

View Full Version : rock sliders to suit gu 6

grimace
17th June 2011, 09:54 PM
g'day guys, i was in the market for some rock sliders for me GU2008 dx which look good and also do what they are ment to do. i would prefer that they were DIY bolt ons and that can be easily installed by myself, any suggestions would be great. also is it better to weld to the chassis?

nowoolies
17th June 2011, 09:58 PM
no dont weld to the chassie you`ll stuffit
have a chat with Mike XLR8 hell set you right

YNOT
17th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Finding bolt on sliders won't be difficult, check this link for sliders made by Superior engineering; http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/store.php?cPath=31_32_34_186

Welding directly to the chassis needs to be done properly by someone who knows what they are doing or it will weaken the chassis. Bolt on is much easier and still plenty strong.

Tony

Woof
17th June 2011, 10:25 PM
As Nowoolies said, check out XLR8's sliders http://www.xlr8fabrications.com/Rock-Sliders.php I have got some on the Q and they are great.

04OFF
18th June 2011, 11:45 AM
Check with your local laws, but Welding to the chassis is a bad idea as it is normally not legal.

Jol
17th October 2012, 04:15 PM
I looked at a load
ARB - Overpriced for the little protection they offer
Ironman - cheap but quality is questionable
Bolsys - cheapest top quality and include full slider and steps - I'd go those if I was over east
XLR8 - went with Mikes even though they are a little dearer - very reasonable install cost and right here in WA :)

Jol
17th October 2012, 04:27 PM
Oh - one thing I forgot - if you're installing yourself don't forget to put the chassis mounts behind brake lines, fuel lines etc. Had a mate s#rew that one up......

radius fab
17th October 2012, 11:45 PM
weld on sliders would have to be the worst idea mate. i have repaired alot of chassis for guys after they have peeled there chassis open. def get bolt on mate. plus weld on are illegal.

Morton
17th October 2012, 11:54 PM
Oh - one thing I forgot - if you're installing yourself don't forget to put the chassis mounts behind brake lines, fuel lines etc. Had a mate s#rew that one up......

x 2 on this, you will be able to move them out of the way to slide it in place, gingerly use a long flatblade screwdriver to bend then out of the way, fit the slider, bolt it up tight then look at the lines again, makesure you have 2mm minimum clearance, stops any rubbing & potentially future failures

megatexture
18th October 2012, 12:38 AM
I’ve got tjm sliders/brush bar.... and I’m not impressed I’ve bent mine up into the sill and dented it, it’s not all that noticeable but shouldn’t happen . Look for ones with 3 mounts/support arms not 2 the more support the better. Good luck with your decision

grimace
18th October 2012, 10:10 AM
just an update on this thread for all you chaps out there that may be in the market for sliders, i ended up buying mine from a company called DRC SLIDERS and would you believe they cost me $550! fair dinkum! also payed $90 for delivery so was pretty stoked at the price and they are bloody solid excellent build quality and look great too!. i am not sure but i think they may be selling them through thief bay now but the price may have gone up a bit since i bought mine cheers....