PDA

View Full Version : Snow chains for larger tyres

Warnie
17th June 2011, 03:34 PM
Hey guys, where is the best place to find snow chains for larger size tyres? I trawled eBay and no luck with regard to chains that will fit my 285/75/16's. I would like to buy instead of hire as I want to more trip up to the snow in the troll.

Cheers Adam

Bob
17th June 2011, 04:20 PM
I would have thought that most 4WD shops would stock them

Bob
17th June 2011, 04:25 PM
your coming down to Melbourne arnt you ?? AB should be able to put you onto where to buy

Warnie
17th June 2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah I should go in to one instead of being lazy and trying to buy off the net.

AB
17th June 2011, 04:47 PM
Loads of shops down here mate, no probs at all...

Warnie
17th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Sweet as sounds good, Ill just have to carry a set for when I go skiing and also if i get any high country wheeling in when I am down.

Maxhead
17th June 2011, 07:22 PM
There's plenty of them down here as well, just make sure they're the diamond pattern chain and definetly suitable for off road use as well (just in case). You'll spend a bit extra but you'll have chains for life. I think KONIG make a decent chain

TUR7LE
17th June 2011, 07:51 PM
I thing they have to be dimond pattern in Vic high country .... And wat mountain u heading to I just got home from hotham ... It's snowing there now

Bob
17th June 2011, 07:54 PM
Sweet as sounds good, Ill just have to carry a set for when I go skiing and also if i get any high country wheeling in when I am down.

Other than the Roads up to the Snow Fields the rest of the Roads closed on the Queens Birthday weekend until November

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2011, 01:27 AM
Other than the Roads up to the Snow Fields the rest of the Roads closed on the Queens Birthday weekend until November

Hey Bob, not so mate, there are plenty of tracks to drive up around Jamison Mt Matlock through to Woods Point over the snow season. The Mecca mate, got to be done every year.

Group of mate from my club do a boys swag trip up into the snow, got a permit to drive Mt Skenes last year was great.

Bob
18th June 2011, 10:48 AM
Hey Bob, not so mate, there are plenty of tracks to drive up around Jamison Mt Matlock through to Woods Point over the snow season. The Mecca mate, got to be done every year.

Group of mate from my club do a boys swag trip up into the snow, got a permit to drive Mt Skenes last year was great.

I stand corrected Mate. Most of the Areas that I go up the High Country get closed.King River,Zeka Track etc

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2011, 11:19 AM
I stand corrected Mate. Most of the Areas that I go up the High Country get closed.King River,Zeka Track etc

No worries mate, The Woods Point Pub is a winner if you ever get up that way, it has accommodation for a good 30people but you will struggle to get a booking in there through the snow season with all the 4x4 clubs and dirt bike clubs getting into the area in the cold part of the year. I have woken to 3 inches of snow in the main street of Woods Point before. Great country up that way.

As you say though Bob there is a large part of the High Country that is seasonally Closed though and the traditional High Country drive spots can be very limited.

Bob
18th June 2011, 11:23 AM
No worries mate, The Woods Point Pub is a winner if you ever get up that way, it has accommodation for a good 30people but you will struggle to get a booking in there through the snow season with all the 4x4 clubs and dirt bike clubs getting into the area in the cold part of the year. I have woken to 3 inches of snow in the main street of Woods Point before. Great country up that way.

As you say though Bob there is a large part of the High Country that is seasonally Closed though and the traditional High Country drive spots can be very limited.

Yeah I must get up that way for a Trip. Maybe even a Day trip out of Jamieson

Have stayed at the Jammy Pub before. Quite an experience