PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

chamberz33
14th June 2011, 07:42 PM
Gday guys
first off i have a 1990 gq patrol bog stock.
but im stuck i need advice, i would like to know what year motor has the piston squirters?? i heard 1995 models have piston squirters, is there any other models that have these squirters or could i drill my block out to facilitate the squirters ??
ive rang around and ive found a reco place that sells long engines.
Are the 1995 motors the same as the 1990 eg mounts, can they take the same fuel pump, injectors.
please help DOES anyone know any info.
would be great
thanks guys

Bob
15th June 2011, 11:31 AM
Bump Can anyone help this Guy

YNOT
15th June 2011, 02:04 PM
What engine?

Tony

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 11:00 AM
Bump again now the forum is fresh and new!! lol

TuffTD42
16th June 2011, 08:08 PM
Gday guys
first off i have a 1990 gq patrol bog stock.
but im stuck i need advice, i would like to know what year motor has the piston squirters?? i heard 1995 models have piston squirters, is there any other models that have these squirters or could i drill my block out to facilitate the squirters ??
ive rang around and ive found a reco place that sells long engines.
Are the 1995 motors the same as the 1990 eg mounts, can they take the same fuel pump, injectors.
please help DOES anyone know any info.
would be great
thanks guys

If your talking TD42 to the best of my knowledge all td42's have the piston squirters. your 1990 td42 would be one of the stronger motors. I get my knowledge like anyone else & that is reading, & google etc. It is hard to exactly pin point what year what changed as there is so much conflicting rumors. best I can come up with that seems most constant is that silver top td42's were designed to have turbo's fitted. The next generation td42's blacktops in the gq's around 94 on had lighter con rods, lighter pistons suffer from craking if running big boost & few different things. made them more revy but not as capable at handling big boost like the silver tops. Then there's the TD42T motors also black tops that came out in the gu's which are the strongest built for turbo's. Then there's the Td42Ti which is exactly the same as the TD42T but is electronically controlled.

What confuses me a little is that I have read several times that the silver tops are made for turbo's as I mentioned but apparently the later gu black tops TD42t motors are supposed to be the strongest.

Mine's a 91 TD42 & runs 18psi & have had no issues & I do give it a hard time.

As far as putting your stuff on the 95 motor there was 2 types of engine mounts 2 bolt & 4 bolt but think that only concerned the chassis side. The vac pump runs off the alternator pre 93-94 then they changed it to run of the injector pump timing gear. Injectors I think would be the same.

I'll call into my mates work shop tomorrow & have a look at another mates TD42 we are building. It's an 89 model TD42 & see what I can find out about the motors. We're building this thing up to run 25psi which all that is needed is changing the pistons, balancing everything & recoing everything else. I'll see what his knoledge exists of.

Cheers Jono.

TuffTD42
17th June 2011, 05:12 PM
What I found out today is all the TD42's andy has pulled apart have had piston squirters all years. There are 2 different part numbers for injectors so must be turbo & non turbo. He tried fitting a crank out of one TD42 into another & it wouldn't fit. Different snout size he thinks as this was years ago. He pretty much agrees with what I posted above. Silver tops run 28mm gudgeon pins, black tops run 30mm.