PDA

View Full Version : HID's

patch697
26th July 2010, 12:04 PM
G/day all.

I have just fitted a 100w 6K HID kit to my Cibie Supa Oscars on the W/end & man are thay powerful.... I have never seen anything like them before ever.......

I was running a 55w kit beforehand but thay are like candles next to these things.

So how many members run HID's & at what power? (wattage) with what light combo?

I will attempt to take some pics to post up with a mates camera (had no luck with mine.... just to bright)

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
26th July 2010, 12:23 PM
haha...You scared of the dark?? LOL

I'm thinking of upgrading my IPF's to 80 or 100w as well

ATM, I have 55w at 4300k which I find good as I like the yellowish light output and I find doesn't strain your eyes after a bit of driving.
I thought 55w was unreal but I figure you can never have enough light. The only problem is when you flick down to normal lights from high beams you can't see anything for a little while.

Cheers
Kris

DX grunt
26th July 2010, 12:25 PM
G/day all.

I have just fitted a 100w HID kit to my Cibie Supa Oscars on the W/end & man are thay powerful.... I have never seen anything like them before ever.......

I was running a 55w kit beforehand but thay are like candles next to these things.

So how many members run HID's & at what power? (wattage) with what light combo?

I will attempt to take some pics to post up with a mates camera (had no luck with mine.... just to bright)

Cheers
Paul

Serious question.... Do you lose much 'night vision' when you go from high beam with the full monty, to low beam?

patch697
26th July 2010, 01:27 PM
Serious question.... Do you lose much 'night vision' when you go from high beam with the full monty, to low beam?

this is a good question cos others have said this is the case but I have juiced up headlights (non HID) & find them good on there own. your eyes do take a second to readjust from the brightness of the HID's & the light itself is very different between the two (HID ve None HID) but I can still see just fine & I suffer from night blindness & would have thought this would affect me more than most.

I would suspect it may be a different story for those who are running a HID driving light system & only STD type headlights.

Cheers
Paul

patch697
26th July 2010, 01:34 PM
haha...You scared of the dark?? LOL

I'm thinking of upgrading my IPF's to 80 or 100w as well

ATM, I have 55w at 4300k which I find good as I like the yellowish light output and I find doesn't strain your eyes after a bit of driving.
I thought 55w was unreal but I figure you can never have enough light. The only problem is when you flick down to normal lights from high beams you can't see anything for a little while.

Cheers
Kris

Yeah... I myself like the output of the 6K & 100W don't come any lower than 6K at the mo but if your thinking of an upgrade I would go for it, that are just mind blowingly powerful.

If you are after a 100W kit? thay come in H3 & H1.... PM me & I can pass on some more info as my supplier has requested I not post his info on this forum.

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
26th July 2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah... I myself like the output of the 6K & 100W don't come any lower than 6K at the mo but if your thinking of an upgrade I would go for it, that are just mind blowingly powerful.

If you are after a 100W kit? thay come in H3 & H1.... PM me & I can pass on some more info as my supplier has requested I not post his info on this forum.

Cheers
Paul

Yeah the 6000k is OK but once you start going into the higher 8000/10000k+ (blue colour) lights you tend to get a bit of light bounce back and reflection from signs, also your eyes tire a lot quicker. Apparently they are not that great in the rain either as they reflect bit of light back from the water....just what I heard

Once I have a bit of spare cash I might take you up on your offer of the supplier. . What sort of dollars are we talking about for the 100's.

Cheers
Kris

YNOT
26th July 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm running 55w 4300k in Narva 175 combo beams on my work van. By far the best lights I've personally driven behind. This set up is at least twice as bright as the 4 Hella Comet 500's with 100w halogen bulb that I was running previously.
The 4300k color is great for me, I do a fair bit of driving in fog, and the glare back (from road signs as well) is not much worse than halogens were.
The only negative I've found with HID is the warm up time. From cold, mine take about 20 seconds to get to full brightness. Maybe my lights are not as good quality as other kits.

As finances allow, I want to put 100w 4300k HID in the Hella Rally 2000's on my Patrol.

Tony

GQ4.2
27th July 2010, 06:26 PM
Im running 4300k hi/low in the headlights (bought the hid's from 95soarer on ebay, aussie seller)

also bought 2 sets of 4300k HID's spotlight kits to go in my narvas on the light bar (cheap Chinese off ebay) cost $80 and already had 2 ballasts fail due to very poor design, have now spent $170 on 4 new ballasts from 95soarer to fix the problem..... moral of the story you pay for what you get!!!

patch697
27th July 2010, 11:43 PM
Im running 4300k hi/low in the headlights (bought the hid's from 95soarer on ebay, aussie seller)

also bought 2 sets of 4300k HID's spotlight kits to go in my narvas on the light bar (cheap Chinese off ebay) cost $80 and already had 2 ballasts fail due to very poor design, have now spent $170 on 4 new ballasts from 95soarer to fix the problem..... moral of the story you pay for what you get!!!

G/day mate & thanks for the post... So how do you find the 4300k hi/low in the headlights & what wattage are thay?
As im interested in doing the same to mine.

Cheers
Paul

Nissan Kid
29th July 2010, 10:48 AM
Damm 100W, I thought my 55's were bright!

I have 55W in my Rally 4000's and they are 4300k
And 55W HiLO H4's at 6000k in my headlights

Gotta love Hids

GQ4.2
29th July 2010, 11:17 AM
4300k 55W hi/low headlight kits, spotlights are 4300k as well,

compared to a standard halogen globe in gq headlights the HID kit is money well spent and you can actually see the road for a change!

patch697
29th July 2010, 02:23 PM
4300k 55W hi/low headlight kits, spotlights are 4300k as well,

compared to a standard halogen globe in gq headlights the HID kit is money well spent and you can actually see the road for a change!

Mate Im almost tempted to atke a dirve do your way just to take a look....lol

Thanks for the reply

Cheers
Paul

patch697
29th July 2010, 02:28 PM
Damm 100W, I thought my 55's were bright!

I have 55W in my Rally 4000's and they are 4300k
And 55W HiLO H4's at 6000k in my headlights

Gotta love Hids

Matt Im telling ya man the 100w 6000k HID's are mind blowing thay leave the 55's for dead.

I you went for a set you would not look back.

Cheers
Paul

patch697
1st August 2010, 09:17 PM
100w HID kits are now available in 4300k, 5000k, 6000k,& 8000k in all single element (spottys) globe types.

If anyone is interested PM me & I will pass on more info.

These are not the cheapo crap ones that are getting around, thay are of a high standard & to put it mildly to see these things work thay are like the finger of God.

Russell1974
2nd August 2010, 10:07 PM
hey I would like to no more but dont no how to pm you cheers do you have any pics of the difference?

patch697
2nd August 2010, 10:42 PM
hey I would like to no more but dont no how to pm you cheers do you have any pics of the difference?

Sorry Russ I don't as Im not the seller & I've tried to take happy snaps of mine bit with little success as thay are just to bright (100w 600k) but I can give you some idea on how it works.

The K stands for kelvin which is the the color of the light. exc A std H4 Halogen (hi/lo headlight) is around 3000k ( very yellowish) the HID range start at 4300k which is still on the yellowish side but on as much as a std H4 Halogen.

The 5000k are much whiter in color. The 6000k are white with a little hint of blue & the 8000k are the blue looking ones.

Now this doesn't change with the wattage ie. K is color & W is power.

I hope this is of some help

If you want to PM (personal message) me just put your mouse pointer on my user name click your left mouse button it will drop down a window then go down the list & click on send privet message & your there.

Cheers
Paul

portal pat
4th August 2010, 09:25 AM
Can tell you that there is no joy driving through snow with HIDs, every flake looks like a bloody dinnerplate!!

patch697
4th August 2010, 09:29 AM
Can tell you that there is no joy driving through snow with HIDs, every flake looks like a bloody dinnerplate!!

LOL............. What "K" are the ones your running?

portal pat
4th August 2010, 11:43 AM
6000K. A little lower would be better in Tassie actually.

patch697
4th August 2010, 11:58 AM
6000K. A little lower would be better in Tassie actually.

As I've posted on here 75w & 100w driving light kits are now available in 4300k, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k

I have a supplier for these so if your at all interested or considering an upgrade let me know & I will PM you with the info

These are not the cheap crap getting around either Thay are the ceramic type so thay don't distort or move the focus of the beam from heat like the cheaper plastic type do & have high grade ballasts unlike the cheap crap one getting around & are covered by warranty.