PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Hosting

AB
14th June 2011, 01:53 PM
Hi All,

As some of you know I have lost hair today due to the forum crashing once again.

I have now changed to a new hosting company to run this forum as the previous people are not fixing problems and due to the increase in members they simply cannot handle the load.

This is why the forum was running slow and crashing.

The new hosting company is costing 3 times more to run but we have now got the bee's knees in hosting plans.

We have a dedicated VPS which is our own private server with unlimited everything and automatically backs up the entire forum 3 times a day which means we have no stress about backups, loosing data, exceeding memory, etc.

We could have 4 times the amount of members and still be running lightning fast speeds!!!!

This just needed to happen for the future of the forum and how fast it has grown.

This is a great step forward for the forum and hopefully we won't be having any more problems in the future.

By tonight we should have switched over to the new company and hopefully we can all enjoy the forum properly!

Apologies for the slow forum at times but should be happy days from now on!!!

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 01:56 PM
Good to hear mate - have they enabled tapatalk access? Still can't get on with it ...

Hope they sort it all for you and remove the stress!!

growler2058
14th June 2011, 01:57 PM
No worries mate well done if ya need a fundraiser yell out will be able to help out after holidays:icon_victory::thumbup:

AB
14th June 2011, 02:00 PM
We are still on the old company at the moment...The guy is now grabbing all the info and switching it over as we speak...

It still might be slow for a couple of hours but hopefully soon it will all be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait until the new company takes over Scotty and we'll see if Tapatalk works....Hang in there.

Andrew, don't stress mate I should be ok to cover costs....Thanks anyway!

AB
14th June 2011, 04:15 PM
Ok, the forum is being transferred across to the new provider now everyone so the forum might be offline for up to 2 hours max.

Last time this happens hopefully....FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all on the other side!

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Ok, the forum is being transferred across to the new provider now everyone so the forum might be offline for up to 2 hours max.

Last time this happens hopefully....FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all on the other side!

Damn it .. just got crappatalk working again!! lmao ...

Good luck with it!

nowoolies
14th June 2011, 04:40 PM
Yeeeeee haaaaaa well done Andy

Timbo
14th June 2011, 04:41 PM
I have literally watched AB pull his hair out. There is now a noticable bald spot.

Maxhead
14th June 2011, 05:18 PM
Good to hear about the new hosting company mate...pity about the hair though :) LOL

Sir Roofy
14th June 2011, 05:25 PM
I have literally watched AB pull his hair out. There is now a noticable bald spot.

oh no not worse than before
well done mate hope all goes well

RustyNails
14th June 2011, 06:08 PM
Nice job on the Members Rides photoboard on the Home Page AB.
Haven't been there for a while and was pleasantly surprised. Loved watching them all and picking out the trucks I knew.

Paul

macca
14th June 2011, 07:12 PM
Just been having a quick look around, the forum responds instantly, I though it was overloaded at my end. Going like a rocket at the moment
Macca

snicko
14th June 2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks AB. I thought I was the one having problems. Much quicker.

scotty83
14th June 2011, 07:20 PM
No worries mate well done if ya need a fundraiser yell out will be able to help out after holidays:icon_victory::thumbup:

HERE HERE on the fundraiser is required.

ScottyB

Woof
14th June 2011, 07:28 PM
We are still on the old company at the moment...The guy is now grabbing all the info and switching it over as we speak...

It still might be slow for a couple of hours but hopefully soon it will all be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait until the new company takes over Scotty and we'll see if Tapatalk works....Hang in there.

Andrew, don't stress mate I should be ok to cover costs....Thanks anyway!

Not good enough for me Andy, will be sending you some money asap mate, and no buts about it......................... unless you want a Infraction planted on you http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Bob
14th June 2011, 07:32 PM
The Forum seems to be running a lot Faster. Are we on the new Provider yet ??

I agree about the Funds

AB
14th June 2011, 08:40 PM
I don't want donations guys as I do not want to feel guilty when generous members donate money and then a month later I start to put up mods to my Patrol, etc...lol

I'm not sure if we are on the new server yet as I haven't got an email back from them but It's definatly going full steam ahead so far...

katwoman
14th June 2011, 09:28 PM
Does this mean N/S can go 'live chat'?? ( I'm kidding)

Maxhead
14th June 2011, 09:31 PM
I don't want donations guys as I do not want to feel guilty when generous members donate money and then a month later I start to put up mods to my Patrol, etc...lol

I'm not sure if we are on the new server yet as I haven't got an email back from them but It's definatly going full steam ahead so far...

The new server didn't come with a spam filter, ey?? LOLOL

YNOT
14th June 2011, 09:39 PM
The new server didn't come with a spam filter, ey?? LOLOL

There's been a couple of other changes and a few spammers are running the gauntlet, for a moderator it's like swatting flies!!

Tony

Maxhead
14th June 2011, 09:43 PM
There's been a couple of other changes and a few spammers are running the gauntlet, for a moderator it's like swatting flies!!

Tony
Yeah, been a few today. Keep up the good work and keep popping them off :)

YNOT
14th June 2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, been a few today. Keep up the good work and keep popping them off :)

That last one was interesting, had to put him through a translator first to find out he was a spammer.
It's satisying each time you get one.
NIGHT SHIFT SECURITY team, call me anytime if you see any more spammers.

Tony

patch697
14th June 2011, 09:50 PM
That last one was interesting, had to put him through a translator first to find out he was a spammer.
It's satisying each time you get one.
NIGHT SHIFT SECURITY team, call me anytime if you see any more spammers.

Tony

I'll be on it mate & N/S is mine now............ Big Spooky Laugh

YNOT
14th June 2011, 09:53 PM
I'll be on it mate & N/S is mine now............ Big Spooky Laugh

Great, I'll pass your phone number onto them..............

Tony

patch697
14th June 2011, 09:55 PM
Great, I'll pass your phone number onto them..............

Tony

Like bloody hell you will...............LMFAO

The one who needs it as it anyway

AB
14th June 2011, 09:57 PM
Yes Kris, I just took off a security feature to allow more overseas visitors to join in so we may get a few spammers here and there....We'll see how it goes anyway...lol

growler2058
14th June 2011, 10:00 PM

Tony

Hit em high hit em low hit em with the old pea beau

Clunk
15th June 2011, 02:52 AM
Like bloody hell you will...............LMFAO

The one who needs it as it anyway

what are you on about, I don't have it hahahahahahaha

AB
15th June 2011, 12:20 PM
I just put up an announcement about the new server and thought I would post it here too...

New forum software - Lost data

We are now on the new server and It's running super fast!!!

Thanks to everyone for being patient.

I have noticed we just lost an hour of data only but I did notice a few new members sign up and post introductions.

If you cannot log back in and are a new member can you please sign up again as all this data is lost in the last hour, apologies for this but it was just bad timing unfortunately.

Cheers;

Andy

AB
15th June 2011, 03:12 PM
hang 5 everyone, dont post anything just yet as this is an old database and its been changed now...

We will loose about 1 hour of data from now but at the moment we have lost all data since yesterday...

This should take about 20 minutes....ARRRR!!!!

Were getting there folks...LMAO

AB
15th June 2011, 03:53 PM
Inhale and exhale....lol

I'm pretty sure we are ok now everyone.

We are now on the server and only lost an hour or so of data.

They did a back up of the forum last night and an hour ago they changed the forum over to their side but used the back up of last night so we lost a heap of data. Pretty stupid really!!!

Anyways, we still had the old database on the other server which I have used but we lost the last hour or so of posts which is minimal.

Any new members who signed up or posted anything will have to start again, apologies for that but touch wood.....This should now be all 100% reliable, fast and no problems....Famous last words I know!!!

growler2058
15th June 2011, 03:56 PM
Good onya Andy good job mate, now only my inabilitity will slow me down

Bob
15th June 2011, 04:06 PM
There does not appear to be that much lost

Good Job AB

AB
15th June 2011, 04:43 PM
I need a holiday...lol...That was painfully stressful!

We got off lightly me thinks!!

AB
15th June 2011, 05:02 PM
My god, the dramas continue...lol

The guy has had trouble trying to copy it all across so we may still loose more data from lunchtime today.

This is 100% happening in the next hour but the problem will be that some people will be stuck on the old forum and some people will be on the new one until I get home tonight and delete the old forum.

So....I guess dont post any important things for the next hour or two until I get a phone call from the provider to confirm its all done and then I will delete the old database so we are all on the new forum...

TIME FOR A BEER I THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timbar
15th June 2011, 06:19 PM
Yeeeeee haaaaaa well done Andy

see Paul told you there was a good reason why you couldnt log on to the forum hahahahaha!!!

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2011, 06:22 PM
what the f!!ck happened, I just lost 8000 odd post in the last hour!!!!! All good quality informative information!!!!, can you just credit my post count x 8000 please Andy *LMAO*

Good work mate, we all know computers don't know anything intelligent, so if we loose a few we loose a few, all worthwhile in my opinion. Just don't forget 2 fix my lost post up *L*

P.s: I will not notice any super fast speeds as i am on wireless......If anyone thinks of going wireless DON'T DO IT, ITS CR!P!!!!!

Bob
16th June 2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks Andy we are back

AB
16th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Ok, the forum is back up and running everyone after this disaster!!!
Only some of the data uploaded yesterday and I had to shut it down otherwise we would have different data all over the place.
We are ok to go now and apologies for the delay, I have gone to hell and back...lol
It looks like we have only lost data from last night but I did shut the forum down from 9pm so maybe only 3 hours.
If anyone finds any missing data then please let me know.
Thanks for being patient and hopefully now we will have trouble free and fast forum!!!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS!!!
If you signed up to the forum yesterday and now can't log back on your account may have been deleted so please sign up again.
All members, you may have a couple of posts missing from yesterday so please resubmit them.

HAPPY DAYS AGAIN!!!