PDA

View Full Version : Beerburrum State Forest Videos - 12th June 2011

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 11:24 PM
Just to make it easier for future reference ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5r45gWXAE

I'll bang part two in here also rather than the other thread ...

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Part two ... as said - a good shot of the angle of the hill at 4m28sec or thereabouts ... wouldn't have been that bad in the dry - pretty steep, couple of step ups, but straight forward ... being wet made it a completely different animal ... bare in mind when Benny starts going up that last hill, he is running 35" muddies and a front locker, and he was all over the shop right at the base of the hill ... not through lack of trying to get up it either - he stuck it to it without a doubt ... just too slippery!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGRTomS6STw

nowoolies
13th June 2011, 11:36 PM
cool nowonder i could`nt find it hahahahahaha

nowoolies
13th June 2011, 11:49 PM
absolute sh$t hot guys what a day out jealous as hell i am
i did notice something missing in the vid though hahahahahaha

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 11:52 PM
absolute sh$t hot guys what a day out jealous as hell i am
i did notice something missing in the vid though hahahahahaha

Ummm ... the missing piece would be the video of the Landcruiser that got stuck on a hill we just did - Adrian recovered him ... long story short, the bloke was an @rse and not knowing what he was doing, he let off the pedal whilst being winched, dropped a huge load on Adrian's winch, and blew it ... not even a thankyou, let alone any form of offer to assist with covering the damage ...

Or did you mean something else??? lmao

nowoolies
13th June 2011, 11:55 PM
Ummm ... the missing piece would be the video of the Landcruiser that got stuck on a hill we just did - Adrian recovered him ... long story short, the bloke was an @rse and not knowing what he was doing, he let off the pedal whilst being winched, dropped a huge load on Adrian's winch, and blew it ... not even a thankyou, let alone any form of offer to assist with covering the damage ...

the guy sounds like a complete tosser should have pushed him back in ....but deeper

can be cooked in a camp oven hahahahaha

hekarewe
13th June 2011, 11:56 PM
Part two ... as said - a good shot of the angle of the hill at 4m28sec or thereabouts ... wouldn't have been that bad in the dry - pretty steep, couple of step ups, but straight forward ... being wet made it a completely different animal ... bare in mind when Benny starts going up that last hill, he is running 35" muddies and a front locker, and he was all over the shop right at the base of the hill ... not through lack of trying to get up it either - he stuck it to it without a doubt ... just too slippery!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGRTomS6STw

another awsume vid thanks agian

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 12:02 AM
the guy sounds like a complete tosser should have pushed him back in ....but deeper

Yeah - typical of some young fellas - no common sense, no courtesy ...

Didn't see any bush turkeys unfortunately!! lol

nowoolies
14th June 2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah - typical of some young fellas - no common sense, no courtesy ...

Didn't see any bush turkeys unfortunately!! lol

payaso .......ya clown.... damper hahahahaha

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 12:07 AM
payaso .......ya clown.... damper hahahahaha

Oh ... yeah ... that too!!!! lmao

nowoolies
14th June 2011, 12:09 AM
Oh ... yeah ... that too!!!! lmao

why was`nt this sort of extra mud fun around when i lived over there

patch697
14th June 2011, 12:10 AM
Man Im green with envy... It looks like bloody awesome fun out where you went & many thanks to all who went for the great action Vids. I can see I won't be needing to hand out any cans of "Man the f**k up" to you blokes....pml

katwoman
14th June 2011, 01:51 AM
The Dhuck-mobile makes it look pretty easy !!

growler2058
14th June 2011, 06:36 AM
Muddy good time had by all great vids guys

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 08:21 AM
The Dhuck-mobile makes it look pretty easy !!

Even the "Dhuck-mobile" got a workout for a change!! The rest of us felt less inadequate for once!! lol

Dhuck
14th June 2011, 08:43 AM
Yes things were a little more challenging, but the only real issue was going through a bog hole that was a tad deep. Could not open the drivers side doors or get into the back. The full front diff was acting like a grader blade trying to dig quite a few inches into the earth and had to be snatched by Scotty. I am sure he was sitting in his drivers seat giggling to my missus, "I get to drag Dhuck out hehehe".

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 09:13 AM
Yes things were a little more challenging, but the only real issue was going through a bog hole that was a tad deep. Could not open the drivers side doors or get into the back. The full front diff was acting like a grader blade trying to dig quite a few inches into the earth and had to be snatched by Scotty. I am sure he was sitting in his drivers seat giggling to my missus, "I get to drag Dhuck out hehehe".

Yes ... yes I was ... lmao

Dhuck
14th June 2011, 09:19 AM
I watched the vids and now want to go back out for a play. What a top f@#$ing day it was. So far since owning my Pigtrol (purchased end of November), that is the hardest work it has done. I want more. I now wish I had a go at the hill Benny tried. Would have been fun just to give it a go. Proud of Tank. Scotty is slowly but surely coming along with his truck and trying out some more hard core tracks. A big well done to Adrian for giving some of these hills a go and showing a bit of generosity to fellow 4 wheelers, pitty they could not show a bit of appreciation for his assistance (bloody landcrab owners) . The big fella and his near stock GU tried things a lot would look at and whimper away. And Benny yes with his great flex, the challenge is still on mate. Remember you started it but keep forgetting about the continuing contest. Hahaha

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 02:24 PM
I know what you mean - itching to get out again now ....

AB
14th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Great vids guys, bit jealous watching this now and stuck in the office...LMAO

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 02:56 PM
Great vids guys, bit jealous watching this now and stuck in the office...LMAO

It was dead set one of those days where I knew I had to be gone at a certain time (had a BBQ organised), but I just didn't want to leave ... being wet in the morning made for heaps of mud and slippery tracks, but essentially, it didn't rain the whole time we were up there, so was ideal ...

AB
14th June 2011, 02:59 PM
Perfect conditions Scotty...Looks like a fun spot!!!

I would love to take a month off work, fly up there, then over to Perth, down to Tassie up north, etc and the forum members can take me out to their local spots...lol

How great of a trip would that be...LMAO!!!

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Perfect conditions Scotty...Looks like a fun spot!!!

I would love to take a month off work, fly up there, then over to Perth, down to Tassie up north, etc and the forum members can take me out to their local spots...lol

How great of a trip would that be...LMAO!!!

Would be outstanding!!!! lol

It's a huge place, heaps of tracks, easy through to extreme absolutely everywhere, and quite frankly, very scenic area also ... the valley at the bottom of that last hill in part two was stunning - full on rainforest, flowing creek (although I was the only one who saw that ... as I had to make a quick 'pitstop' in the bush!!! lol), etc ...

hekarewe
14th June 2011, 04:21 PM

if karma holds true i will see him agian in the same postion on the side of another hill,,,,,,, and i will help back down by kicking his car over with him in it not that i would ever hold a grudge like that all!!!!!!

LOLOL

AB
14th June 2011, 04:32 PM

Wheres the vid Scotty?

Or is there naughty footage on there....lol

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 04:34 PM
Wheres the vid Scotty?

Didn't get it on dhucks camera - not sure if Benny got it on his ...

Dhuck
14th June 2011, 05:20 PM
Wheres the vid Scotty?

Unfortunately I was one of the peeps helping (just the sort of bloke I am, but now learnt my lesson) and the missus who was also doing the vid was making us Patrollers lunch. Bloody good woman that one.

hekarewe
14th June 2011, 06:31 PM
Didn't get it on dhucks camera - not sure if Benny got it on his ...

from memory i think bennee was helping and not filming

Bigrig
14th June 2011, 06:34 PM
from memory i think bennee was helping and not filming

All I know is I wasn't helping, and I wasn't filming, and I probably only antagonised the situation by pulling up on the track beside him and telling him to "get your heap of sh!t Toyota out of the way so I can get up" ....

That's true by the way - Benny and dhuck can both vouch for that!!! lmao

hekarewe
14th June 2011, 07:42 PM
All I know is I wasn't helping, and I wasn't filming, and I probably only antagonised the situation by pulling up on the track beside him and telling him to "get your heap of sh!t Toyota out of the way so I can get up" ....

your bad man scotty mind you i should have joined you with my choice of ainty tojo remarks

growler2058
14th June 2011, 08:33 PM

Gold mate thats tellin em hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Woof
14th June 2011, 09:01 PM
Bloody great videos there the best so far, thought the rest were great but these two are just unreal, well done and thanks to everyone who went on the trip, felt like I was there with you all (I wish I could have).
Me thinks that there maybe an increase in the sale of front lockers soon.

Warnie
14th June 2011, 11:32 PM
Great stuff guys, I love the glasshouse. I does get quite slippery there though.

hekarewe
15th June 2011, 07:42 AM
Bloody great videos there the best so far, thought the rest were great but these two are just unreal, well done and thanks to everyone who went on the trip, felt like I was there with you all (I wish I could have).

dont need front lockers,,,,, just pick another line and use more berries:SNruQWn369624407::driving2::animierte-smilies-t

Bigrig
15th June 2011, 08:17 AM

Love the locker - not so much because it makes it easier to tackle stuff, but it makes it that much easier on the truck - I did a lot harder tracks on this trip than last time, yet Tank got less of an actual workout (remember my wheels 2 feet in the air from the previous trip and mud and crap flying everywhere?!!).

The reduction gears are the single best investment though - being able to crawl slows the heart rate down somewhat!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 06:59 PM
here is a few pics and videos. much of whats already been seen..just from a different angle

I had a great day! guys thanks!!!!!!! I cant wait to get back there in the dry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4v9Ym8g-fE

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 07:00 PM
and another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmjkjI_npQ0

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 07:03 PM
here is a few pics and videos. much of whats already been seen..just from a different angle

I had a great day! guys thanks!!!!!!! I cant wait to get back there in the dry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4v9Ym8g-fE

Is it just me, but this video is coming up as "Private" ... can't view it ...

Had a ball also ... so much so, that I'm going again this weekend!!!! Staying at a mates joint who lives on the fringe of the state forest ...

growler2058
16th June 2011, 07:08 PM

Had a ball also ... so much so, that I'm going again this weekend!!!! Staying at a mates joint who lives on the fringe of the state forest ...

x2.........

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 07:32 PM

x2.........

sorry guys it should work now

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Had a ball also ... so much so, that I'm going again this weekend!!!! Staying at a mates joint who lives on the fringe of the state forest ...[/QUOTE]

that sound like fun are you going back to tackle those hills???

growler2058
16th June 2011, 07:36 PM
Well done.....I think I can, I think I can haha

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Well done.....I think I can, I think I can haha

hahaha I almost called the vid "the eternal struggle" lol

growler2058
16th June 2011, 07:59 PM
Is a lockrite an auto or manual locker mate??

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 08:03 PM

that sound like fun are you going back to tackle those hills???[/QUOTE]

More than likely boss!!

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 08:43 PM
Is a lockrite an auto or manual locker mate??

its an auto locker mate

Dhuck
16th June 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah a cheats locker.

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2011, 09:44 PM
no way is that cheating.

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 09:46 PM
Now, now children ... lmao

Only cheating when it's working, hey Benny??!! LOL!!!

Dhuck
16th June 2011, 10:21 PM
comes on when it wants to. At least I have to turn mine on.

hekarewe
17th June 2011, 05:13 PM
nup sorry guys any sort of locker is cheating ROFLMAo

Dhuck
17th June 2011, 05:52 PM
nup sorry guys any sort of locker is cheating ROFLMAo

No mate it allows us to do more than the standard vehicles do. Mind you I did not have the locker on up a couple of hills we all did. So I remember one hill a GU stuggled a bit and another that the GU did not make it up and both of those the old GQ locker was not on. Mmmmmmmmmmm.lol

Ben-e-boy
17th June 2011, 06:03 PM
No mate it allows us to do more than the standard vehicles do. Mind you I did not have the locker on up a couple of hills we all did. So I remember one hill a GU stuggled a bit and another that the GU did not make it up and both of those the old GQ locker was not on. Mmmmmmmmmmm.lol

your rear locker is always on !!!! lol

Ben-e-boy
17th June 2011, 06:14 PM
Now, now children ... lmao

Only cheating when it's working, hey Benny??!! LOL!!!

never!!!!!!! hahaha If you feel like its cheating try something harder.

comes on when it wants to. At least I have to turn mine on.

I turn mine on too............... lock in the hubs hahaha

Dhuck
17th June 2011, 06:31 PM
your rear locker is always on !!!! lol

But that is my limited slip since I don't have one and all you guys do.

Bigrig
18th June 2011, 01:05 AM
But that is my limited slip since I don't have one and all you guys do.

Stop it little fella ... An LSD is exactly that - limited!!! As soon as one rear wheel leaves terra firma, it's all over ... not a 'huge' difference to an open diff (yes, yes, I know the difference) ... locked up, as is how you go about, you never (ever) get the experience of an open rear diff, and it DOES make a huge difference to how you crawl through things no matter what you say!! Don't get me wrong, love the truck, love the capabilities, love you (lol), but without doubt, you have forgotten the difference between the three - open, LSD, and locked ... just like last time at Beerburrum - Benny told me specifically that (even though the front was locked), my rear was opening up and spinning - another go feathering the brake and using the handbrake lightly to throw some torque away from the spinning rear wheel, and I was through it ... it does make a difference ...

That is all ... I await your very obvious response!!!! lmfao!!!!

Clunk
18th June 2011, 01:49 AM
great vids n pics guys, looks and sounds like you had a ball