PDA

View Full Version : Aberfeldy/Mt selma

chester
13th June 2011, 09:37 PM
Went for a great day trip on saturday up to aberfeldy.Started at Thompson dam wall then headed for Merringtons Trk from there we headed for Donnellys crk trk via junction trk.Once on there we followed it towards O'tooles and turned up Flats trk,had not been up it for a while and is still a fairly steep climb in spots.We then went left when we reached Willimsons trk untill army Trk hung a left and followed it back onto Donnellys Crk.When we reached Mcevoys had planned to turn right and head back to Walhalla via Binns rd but the kids spotted a VERY small patch of snow and the nagging started.I gave in and did a U turn and headed for Mt selma.We hit snow about 5 kms up the road and it stay fairly thick all the way to Mt selma.From there we headed to Mt matlock then down the woods point-warby rd to the Triangle,went left down the Nine mile to the link Rd went left and followed it to the Baw Baw tourist rd.From there it was on the black stuff all the way home going though Noojee,Neerim sth to warragul.Could'nt belive the amount of snow up there it stayed with us all the way till halfway down the link Rd.Was a great trip and covered a fair bit of ground too.
Im gunna get canned Because i have no pic's the camera had a hissy fit and stopped working SORRY GUYS.

nowoolies
13th June 2011, 09:39 PM
BIG BIG DUMMY SPIT
piccies we luv piccies hahahahahahahahaha
hang the camera without a fair trial
bad luck with the camera mate
now you gotta go back and do it again roflmfao

AB
13th June 2011, 09:42 PM
Arrrrr no pics haha. The story was good though mate, love that area!

big_fletch
13th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Great write up mate, shame about the pics but was still a good read..
Sounds like was abit of fun

Finly Owner
14th June 2011, 09:03 PM
"Camera packed it in" likely story.....LOL Nice report

Tim

Bob
14th June 2011, 09:05 PM
Pity about the Pics mate. Sounds like you had a good trip anyway

billy3752
14th June 2011, 09:29 PM
what?, didn't have a mobile phone? they all have cameras in them now. LOL

thanks for your story, I have to post mine about my trip from Mt Cobbler to Licola, lots of snow.
ray

Maxhead
14th June 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the write up mate..cheers

maphew
18th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Has anybody been up recently, I'd love to take the kids out on the weekend for a play in the snow.
Most likely not run some of the tracks Chester ran, done many of those on the dirt-bike, the GU isn't setup to run them at the moment.

chester
20th August 2011, 09:00 PM
Has anybody been up recently, I'd love to take the kids out on the weekend for a play in the snow.
Most likely not run some of the tracks Chester ran, done many of those on the dirt-bike, the GU isn't setup to run them at the moment.Hey mate im heading up on a boys trip next weekend,where you from mate?
Might be able to organize a family day trip one day.