PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to fit an ARB deluxe winch bar on my Ford maverick.

BaileyMaverickGQ
21st August 2019, 12:52 PM
Aight. So I purchase this bull bar from a wrecker. Get home, everything is going well. I remove the stock front bumper and install the chassis rail inserts for the ARB bull bar, I then get the bar on the chassis rails and here comes the problem. I found a PDF file on how to install the bar, but i'm not sure if i need to lift the bar up and elevate it in order to install it or just leave it at a slant? Anyone with some advice or tips on how they installed their bars would really be helpful. Thanks.

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2019, 02:26 PM
it will be rolled forward just with the weight of the bar. you should be able to lift the front and straighten it then tighten it up. No manual alignment should be needed. If you worried you could pack the front with washers like the GU but it should just bolt up.

PeeBee
21st August 2019, 03:45 PM
Just went thru this 2 weeks ago. The bar had been on the vehicle for 15 yrs, took it off then it would not go back on. What I found was the chassis rails had flared a little after the bar was removed from the rails. I could see a slight mushrooming around the actual bolt holes. I simply took a grinder with a flap disk and knocked the top off the protrusions. The bar must go on exactly square or it jams. You can be sure it will fit unless its been given a hit or a pull at the wreckers. Its a PIA job, but it should slide on. You could also smear a little grease on the rails and ensure the surfaces are free from dirt and mud