PDA

View Full Version : Forum running slow

AB
10th June 2011, 11:25 AM
Over the last few months I think the forum has been running extremely slow sometimes.

Apologies for this!

The forum struggles with the amount of people on here these days which slows the time a page can load.

Also, I think most website hosting companies only allow 20 ish people to look at one thread at a time so if there is a red hot thread going on or every one is looking at the general banters and the night shift thread it can kick some people off the forum because there are too many people looking at the one thread at the same time.

I have sent an email off to my provider to sort this out and if they are unable to fix it we will have to look at another provider which will be a nightmare to change over but we may just have to do it.

growler2058
10th June 2011, 11:32 AM
No worries mate definately yesterday and today is very slow at times

DX grunt
10th June 2011, 11:33 AM
Simple solution. Type faster and read faster. lol

growler2058
10th June 2011, 11:37 AM
I'm just an impatient pr1ck and expect things to go on like a light switch......now theres another issue bloody energy saver bulbs ive gone ar5e over t1t before they light up got what i need outa the room and gone again before they fire up hahahahhahahahahahahaha technology gotta love it..........................or hate it hahahahahah

Sir Roofy
10th June 2011, 11:53 AM
have noticed it slowing down,the site has become very popular and more joining all the time
and with the cards out there even more so
do what you need to andy and we,l support you as much as we can

YNOT
10th June 2011, 12:21 PM
Do what you have to do AB.
It might be slow but it's worth waiting for.

Tony

Timbo
10th June 2011, 12:48 PM
I've noticed the advertisements are helping in slowing down the site when the pages are trying to look for the extra links. Sometimes it just freezes on my PC and times out and I have to refresh again, sometimes even refresh twice.

nowoolies
10th June 2011, 01:14 PM
i believe its the advertising
when thats trying to load it makes the forum stop this end
my thoughts
but it dont matter the forum is worth IT Andy

katwoman
10th June 2011, 04:55 PM
So basically what you're saying is that those Westies on N/S need to get a life !!pml
Has been pretty slow this week, but I thought it was my IP..or the company I keep.

patch697
10th June 2011, 05:50 PM
So basically what you're saying is that those Westies on N/S need to get a life !!pml
Has been pretty slow this week, but I thought it was my IP..or the company I keep.

to whom is this referring Kat?

katwoman
10th June 2011, 05:53 PM
to whom is this referring Kat?

hahhaha, not telling !! pml

patch697
10th June 2011, 05:57 PM
hahhaha, not telling !! pml

Very smart Girl........LMFAO

Maxhead
10th June 2011, 08:45 PM
Haven't been on for a couple of days but haven't noticed any problems ,but I have just swapped ISPs and I have doubled my download speeds :)

Woof
10th June 2011, 08:57 PM
I advice to anyone who thinks that the forum is running slow is................................................ ..HAVE PATIENCE, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

big_fletch
11th June 2011, 11:45 AM
Do what must be done AB, I don't mind waiting, as long as I can always get on lol

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 08:57 PM
Do what you have to do AB.
It might be slow but it's worth waiting for.

Tonywell said

Tim

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 08:57 PM
I advice to anyone who thinks that the forum is running slow is................................................ ..HAVE PATIENCE, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.
agreed Wayne

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
11th June 2011, 09:42 PM
good things come 2 those that wait

Clunk
12th June 2011, 01:06 AM
I've had no real problems this side with things slowing down.......... only when Kat comes on though!!!!! hahahahaha

katwoman
12th June 2011, 01:15 AM
I've had no real problems this side with things slowing down.......... only when Kat comes on though!!!!! hahahahaha

HEY !!! I've got feelings, you know !

Clunk
12th June 2011, 01:19 AM
HEY !!! I've got feelings, you know !

oh I'm sorry, I know I can be a little cutting sometime times lol