PDA

View Full Version : roof cage lights?

grimace
9th June 2011, 10:39 PM
hi guys, was just after some ideas on where to run wires for lights on a roof cage? as you know you can never have enough lights and i'm a little scared of the dark so any tips on where to run the wires would be great, cheers.....

Silver
10th June 2011, 12:27 AM
check out car parks for ideas - have seen some rear lights run up out of the top of the rear door rubbers

big_fletch
10th June 2011, 12:36 AM
If you have a snorkel you could run the wires inside that, its what I will be doing with mine

patch697
10th June 2011, 12:38 AM
The best one I've seen on a removable light bar was a flat mounted plug above the seat belt mount on the inside in the "B" pillar & the cable running out through the top corner of the back door...

But as I said it was a removable light bar & you may want yours to be a permanent job.

nowoolies
10th June 2011, 04:34 AM
if you have a side mount ladder for the roof rack
run the cabling up inside of that
just make sure its twin insulated rubber
so it dont wear through

grimace
10th June 2011, 09:18 PM
that sounds like a good idea Fletch, i was going to run the wires along the snorkel but the i would still need to get them inside the engine bay for which i was going to drill a hole next to where the snorkel goes through the guard and maybe tidy it up with a good fitting grommet. after you run the wires in the snorkel how will you run them out? has anyone else out there done this? any feed back would be grouse and pics would be even better.

grimace
10th June 2011, 09:26 PM
not sure if i will have a ladder although this seems like a great idea also, i appreciate the info its great to be able to talk to like minded people who actually own 4bees for the purpose of 4wheel driving and not as shopping trolleys cheers.....

grimace
10th June 2011, 09:29 PM
yeah Patch it will definately be a permanent job but this too is something to think about, cheers.....

grimace
10th June 2011, 09:33 PM
thanks for the ideas, you blokes are just a wealth of knowledge cheers.....

big_fletch
11th June 2011, 12:50 PM
that sounds like a good idea Fletch, i was going to run the wires along the snorkel but the i would still need to get them inside the engine bay for which i was going to drill a hole next to where the snorkel goes through the guard and maybe tidy it up with a good fitting grommet. after you run the wires in the snorkel how will you run them out? has anyone else out there done this? any feed back would be grouse and pics would be even better.

I will be putting some pics up in the next couple of weeks, after I get the wires to the top I will be putting a small hole in back of snorkel head and running in the roof gutter up the leg of the roof rack.. Shouldn't stand out to much I don't think