PDA

View Full Version : Some pretty mental barra patrols lately

Baby Daddy
11th July 2019, 11:29 PM
Been on close to 2 years since my rig was built but its definitely far from over as w are now chasing aaround the 500rwkw mark with a new cooler and tune.

But lately theres been some big ones surfacing.
Ok hes made liver 500rwkw already and another is about to be slapped on the dyno soon.

Check these out

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzc6biRhYvJ/?igshid=13lmswnv5y81m

Baby Daddy
11th July 2019, 11:30 PM

Just about ready for wiring

Baby Daddy
11th July 2019, 11:31 PM

This one's already finished and is quite crazy

Baby Daddy
11th July 2019, 11:32 PM
Just got dynod about a month ago

Baby Daddy
11th July 2019, 11:33 PM

Thats crazy power in close to a 3 tonne rig

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2019, 12:55 AM
Been on close to 2 years since my rig was built but its definitely far from over as w are now chasing aaround the 500rwkw mark with a new cooler and tune.

But lately theres been some big ones surfacing.
Ok hes made liver 500rwkw already and another is about to be slapped on the dyno soon.

Check these out

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzc6biRhYvJ/?igshid=13lmswnv5y81m

Love the "white board" on the windscreen. Bloody great place to keep the list of jobs!!!

0-TJ-0
12th July 2019, 07:24 PM
Had yours for 2 years? Always curious to know how these things do on fuel. How's yours going? I had an fg xr6t that was brilliant many moons ago, thing went like a cut cat and was getting 8-9lt / 100 most tanks. A full tank in town driving would see it go up a bit but not much. Curious to know how it goes launching 3t.

Baby Daddy
14th July 2019, 09:26 PM
Had yours for 2 years? Always curious to know how these things do on fuel. How's yours going? I had an fg xr6t that was brilliant many moons ago, thing went like a cut cat and was getting 8-9lt / 100 most tanks. A full tank in town driving would see it go up a bit but not much. Curious to know how it goes launching 3t.

I averaged 17lph on my 2 week tassie trip fully loaded for 2 blokes.
I dont have an odometre so i had a mate monitor mine or "trip b" on his car.

It actually goes pretty well concidering it currently has 420rwhp...

Only problem is i blew the diff in under a month and now decided to go 4.3s instead of 4.6s cos 4.3s are aparently stronger....

0-TJ-0
14th July 2019, 09:45 PM
Yeah that's not terrible but about what I expected to be honest. If I ever end up doing a swap I reckon I'd go this way. I do love an ls but I think the trusty barra is starting to win me over.

Avo
14th July 2019, 10:06 PM
Had yours for 2 years? Always curious to know how these things do on fuel. How's yours going? I had an fg xr6t that was brilliant many moons ago, thing went like a cut cat and was getting 8-9lt / 100 most tanks. A full tank in town driving would see it go up a bit but not much. Curious to know how it goes launching 3t.Wow I had 5he same car,got 15 to 17l/100
Sold it bought a gu 2010 n get same mileage,17 seems to be the norm,had a gq 4.2td aswell same same,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Baby Daddy
3rd August 2019, 10:10 AM
Yeah tbh for the power it makes i couldnt be hapoier knowing it avergaes same amount of fuel as many other 4wds with pretty much double the power when wanting to use it... can get thirsty though but ive never been one to look at fuel as its also not a daily

0-TJ-0
4th August 2019, 02:31 PM
Yeah tbh for the power it makes i couldnt be hapoier knowing it avergaes same amount of fuel as many other 4wds with pretty much double the power when wanting to use it... can get thirsty though but ive never been one to look at fuel as its also not a daily

Yeah it's just a nice to know figure when working out what range you can expect... how many extra fuel jerrys to tie to the rack haha. Mostly just wondering if it was comparable to the early ls motors. Looks like bang for buck a turbo barra would be a good substitute for an ls1 if power was your goal on a budget. Similar pricepoint and seem to be ready for good power figures without opening the engine.