PDA

View Full Version : Gadgets an stuff

growler2058
9th June 2011, 03:41 PM
Hey biggus see ur lookin at cameras an stuff to vehicle mount so check out deal express (dx) google it and. There's a full on tech head at Telstra that told me he gets all his electronics and gadgets here the prices are USD so good for us and postage incl. I seen a torch he got for $12 and it's the ducks nuts they got cameras an all sorts worth checking out

growler2058
9th June 2011, 03:42 PM
Whoops wrong section still gettin used to tappa crapper

Dhuck
9th June 2011, 04:08 PM
I think you may mean http://www.dealextreme.com/

growler2058
9th June 2011, 04:18 PM
I think you may mean http://www.dealextreme.com/

Yep thats the one heres vehicle mounted cameras
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/digital-cameras-411

Bigrig
9th June 2011, 05:02 PM
Yep thats the one heres vehicle mounted cameras
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/digital-cameras-411

That's the stuff!!! Good gear and thanks mate!!! I want something as I want to capture more from the rig as I go through things - give a different perspective from being outside the vehicle ... not to mention getting the real atmosphere of what's happening inside the cabin as I curse and swear and pray to all that's holy!!!! lmao

growler2058
9th June 2011, 05:16 PM
That's the stuff!!! Good gear and thanks mate!!! I want something as I want to capture more from the rig as I go through things - give a different perspective from being outside the vehicle ... not to mention getting the real atmosphere of what's happening inside the cabin as I curse and swear and pray to all that's holy!!!! lmao

I'm always sceptical when stuffs so cheap but this guy says its good stuff the same as youd get from jaycar an the like but a mootsa cheaper. He's ex army ex copper radio tech head and now does it for telstra so spose he knows what he's on about

Bigrig
10th June 2011, 04:02 PM
Just bought one of those H264 cameras ... will provide an update of experience and function once received!

growler2058
10th June 2011, 04:30 PM
Just bought one of those H264 cameras ... will provide an update of experience and function once received!

Just found out it's a dodgy site don't spend ur money there what ever u do it's a big scam n they got ur c/card details now hahahahahaha jus sh1ttn ya mate rekin u'll get some good footage mate

Bigrig
10th June 2011, 04:51 PM
Just found out it's a dodgy site don't spend ur money there what ever u do it's a big scam n they got ur c/card details now hahahahahaha jus sh1ttn ya mate rekin u'll get some good footage mate

Haha ... everything through PayPal mate - never credit card!!

Should be good - the sample footage looks the goods, but time will tell ...

growler2058
10th June 2011, 04:54 PM
Haha ... everything through PayPal mate - never credit card!!

Should be good - the sample footage looks the goods, but time will tell ...

Rekin you'll be right mate just a slightly drunken rambling haha

Bigrig
10th June 2011, 06:31 PM
Rekin you'll be right mate just a slightly drunken rambling haha

Ahem ... not from behind the wheel though mate .. lol

growler2058
10th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Nah I'm drunken rambling hahaha one night a week on the pi55 hHHaha

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 11:58 AM

Hasn't arrived yet - says 4 to 7 days delivery .. they've got 1 more day before I start panning them ... unless it's a cracker of course .. in which case, they'll be swimming in awesomeness!! lol

growler2058
16th June 2011, 04:42 PM
I thought I saw a clause about certain holiday periods that delivery takes longer. Think it was upto a year hahahaha

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 07:11 PM
I thought I saw a clause about certain holiday periods that delivery takes longer. Think it was upto a year hahahaha

That would be it then!!!! lmao ...

At least I can stop sweating on it arriving before the weekend, and just relax and enjoy myself!!! lol

Parra
28th July 2011, 07:34 AM
hey big - is there any updates on this? have you received it yet?

cheers

Bigrig
28th July 2011, 07:58 AM
hey big - is there any updates on this? have you received it yet?

cheers

Hey boss - arrived weeks ago. There's a bunch of videos from the in car camera in Trips and Treks section for QLD - the last Landcruiser Mountain Park trip ... the camera is a dead set cracker!!!