PDA

View Full Version : Diffs

PT Paul
8th June 2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Guys. Is it me or are the diffs on my GQ just massive. Is bigger stronger? What's the story?

nowoolies
8th June 2011, 10:42 AM
strongest in the 4x4 range

HippoNZ
8th June 2011, 12:31 PM
strongest in the 4x4 range

x2 there bloody strong, are very sought after on customized 4x4s

YNOT
8th June 2011, 06:20 PM
The front diffs on GQ Patrols (H233b high pinion) are big, substancially bigger than the front diff on a Cruiser (which itself is the same size as a Hilux rear diff) size does matter and they are very strong. GU Patrols have the same front diff as GQ but with bigger/stronger CV joints.
GQ rear diff is the same size as the front (H233b low pinion) and also very strong. I have seen a few broken back axles but the vehicles were FAR from standard and being treated very roughly. Some GU Patrol wagons were fitted with an even bigger rear diff, the H260b. These are as good as unbreakable.

Tony

PT Paul
10th June 2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys thats awesome to know

MudRunnerTD
10th June 2011, 10:30 AM
if you spoke to any Toyota owner that knew anything about 4x4s and they were being honest they would tell you that their Perfect 4x4 would be.......

Their Toyota body on your GQ or GU Chassis and Drive Train as it is simply the Strongest in the passenger vehicle range. That is why the Comp guys rarely choose a Toyota for the serious stuff.

Next time your standing around a fire at night with a Toyota owner tell him about that and see if he will put that in his pipe and smoke it......:devilred:

:210:

:first:

TOY :animierte-smilies-f OTA