PDA

View Full Version : Needle valve

WORTHOS6
7th June 2011, 08:04 PM
hi guys goto say love the new home page with the members rides looks great
as soon as i get my head around uploading photos i will send some in
anyway i just got the o.k from the war office to do my engine protection mods & will be ordering my gear
could someone please advise for the dawes & needle valve i know 3 bar racing do the dawes valve but not the needle
can i ask where everyone is getting them from please

YNOT
7th June 2011, 09:21 PM
I ordered mine online from Hydraulics Direct. Part number was DV-06.

Tony

WORTHOS6
7th June 2011, 10:27 PM
hi Tony
mate your a legend are they a australian based place or america as well

Yendor
7th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Here's another mob that carries them.

http://www.dependabledistributors.com/Genquip-Other-Products/Nissan-Patrol-Turbo-Boost-Adjust-Kit.aspx?id=205&sc=43&c=3

Tony how much are they from Hydraulics Direct?

WORTHOS6
7th June 2011, 11:37 PM
cheers Yendor now i am confused
in my head i thought like a 2 stage thing, needle valve for spool rate then dawes for boost pressure

YNOT
8th June 2011, 06:34 AM
Current price from hydraulics direct is $61.05, they are an Australian company. http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com.au/products.aspx?type=DV&cat=131

The dawes and needle valve work together, the dawes sets the maximum boost and and the needle controls spool up rate. You fit a dual stage (low boost and high boost) dawes set up but it requires a lot more components.

Tony

WORTHOS6
8th June 2011, 02:09 PM
thanks again guys i am sorry to be such a pain but 1 more question
when do you know when your spool rate is correct
whats better a quick spool slower etc & when driving how can you tell if it is right
again sorry to be a pain, the thing is its my everday driver & once i start i have no way of getting around if something is not right

nickpeacock36
8th June 2011, 05:01 PM
thanks again guys i am sorry to be such a pain but 1 more question
when do you know when your spool rate is correct
whats better a quick spool slower etc & when driving how can you tell if it is right
again sorry to be a pain, the thing is its my everday driver & once i start i have no way of getting around if something is not right
You need a boost gauge to see what is happening and a pyro gauge to keep an eye on gas temperatures

YNOT
8th June 2011, 05:07 PM
If the spool rate is too quick the boost will spike past the preset maximum the settle back, so you need to fiddle with the needle valve so you get the quickest spool up without the spike.

Ask as many questions as you want, we're here to help.

Tony

WORTHOS6
8th June 2011, 06:47 PM
thanks again Tony