PDA

View Full Version : tray lift blocks

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2011, 05:57 PM
hi all

I have been starting to get the cranks with my rear tyres hitting the tray under compression and acting like a brake. For those of you who watched the vid of me in a rut at the base of telecom hill in the landcruiser mountain park thread you will understand what im going on about.

so.. I got myself 350mm of 40x40x5 RHS and cut it into 8 40mm blocks, 640mm of 40x5 flat bar and cut that into 16 40mm lengths which I drilled a 13mm hole on the centre.
I shamphered the edges of the rhs and flat bar to help with the weld penetration.
I capped the ends of the rhs with the flat bar to give me a 50mm block.
I then used a emery flappy dick to clean up the welds and surface to give me a nice finish.
they are drying at the moment an tomorrow I will hopefully install them.
With the raised tray I suspect that the garage door will now be too low.......... I hope it isnt my measurements tell me I have mm to spare.

I

Finly Owner
7th June 2011, 08:56 PM
nice job Benny

Tim

GUte
7th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Looks solid!

Mines just got 100x50x3 rhs cut into 100mm lengths, fitted horizontal so it can be bolted to the chassis, and to the tray thouguh drilled holes. Does the job!

Ben-e-boy
8th June 2011, 05:48 PM
cheers guys.

I just finished putting them on and I'm thinking that 40x40 wasnt a good choise, not thiat I think it wont hold... it dosnt look right maybe 50x50 would look better.