PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol drivers vents removal

cambo
7th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Hi all i finally got my 09 patrol last week and had it three days when some d*#^head decided to break all the side windows on the cars on our street. :furious:

Luckily they only smashed the drivers window. I think the horn went off as it smashed and woke the neighbour.

As a result ive had to remove the door trim to get rid of all the glass , the glass has also got into the vents and bugger me if i can get it out . Does anybody have a clue as to how to remove the drivers vents and surrounds.
Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

Woof
7th June 2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry I can't help with that one mate but someone will be around soon to give you some advice for sure.
Did the cops catch the mongrels?

the godfather
7th June 2011, 08:29 PM
Wow. There are some arse's out there. Sorry to hear your bad luck. cant help though. Sorry again.

YNOT
7th June 2011, 10:23 PM
I've never tried to take my dash vents out but I would expect to have to remove the instrument cluster and get in behind the vent, remove the glovebox on the passengers side.

Tony

cambo
7th June 2011, 11:08 PM
Just to clarify the glass only got into the drivers vents near the drivers window.

My neighbour heard a noise as it happened outside my house , by the time he got down stairs the two losers were 50m away walking up the street.
I somehow slept through it all .Scum Bags.

cambo
8th June 2011, 08:57 AM
Well some good news out of all of this , last week when i applied for insurance through TCIS , using alliance i Turned down the glass option.

Somehow there was some miscommunication and they had put the glass option on the policy anyway, that little gem has saved me lots of cash , the car goes in today at the local nissan dealership for a new genuine window and retint , best $50 i didnt know id spent .( :

Bob
8th June 2011, 08:59 AM
Well some good news out of all of this , last week when i applied for insurance through TCIS , using alliance i Turned down the glass option.

Somehow there was some miscommunication and they had put the glass option on the policy anyway, that little gem has saved me lots of cash , the car goes in today at the local nissan dealership for a new genuine window and retint , best $50 i didnt know id spent .( :

And will they remove the Glass from the Vent

cambo
8th June 2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure ill know by the end of the day , i might have to do it myself as the insurance only covers glass replacement.

my third 256
9th June 2011, 02:07 PM
try a piece of wire and plastercine 0n it / make a small loop on the bottom to hold the plastecine on