PDA

View Full Version : LS Conversion

rusty_nail
16th May 2019, 10:56 PM
So the missus has given me the go ahead to start planning an LS conversion, thanks to all who lent their 2cw on here and thanks matfew for talking Tegan through it tonight, with the emotion and all this week it was good for her to hear it from someone other than me lol.

Not really sure in what to start asking, I'll be doing it with the guidance of someone else but if anyone else on here has experience with running these motors in your patrol I would love to hear your thoughts etc on how it runs, fuel consumption and anything else you feel like sharing. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eatmyshortz
16th May 2019, 11:24 PM
Oooh, I bet you're rubbing your hands together in anticipation.

rusty_nail
17th May 2019, 06:19 AM
Any chance a mod can relocate this thread to conversions please?

MudRunnerTD
17th May 2019, 07:38 AM
Great choice. It will be awesome.

Maxhead
17th May 2019, 07:08 PM
Holy crap Nicco. Just read all the angry thread.
I wonder if you could get a 4jj1 motor into a patrol...lol

Good luck with the build mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
17th May 2019, 07:41 PM
Hey Nicco, can I borrow your missus 2 get approval for an Ls conversion in the GQ???? *LMAO*
Sorry 2 hear of all ur drama's :(
Really which you where still in the gong so I could catch up with you, Tegan and the not so new born

Rossco
17th May 2019, 08:34 PM
Yeah good choice Nicko will be a great car and reliable. Pretty good option when you weigh it all up really.

Bit of inspiration might have to add a supercharger lol. .

https://youtu.be/Cm9YLaXkIl0

Maxhead
17th May 2019, 08:37 PM
Yeah good choice Nicko will be a great car and reliable. Pretty good option when you weigh it all up really.

Bit of inspiration might have to add a supercharger lol. .

https://youtu.be/Cm9YLaXkIl0

OMFG Rossco, I want one.....SIK!

Rossco
17th May 2019, 08:43 PM
Beast. Sounds frk'n wicked too. .

Bidja
17th May 2019, 09:53 PM
Be good for $10k as quoted would recon....watching

rusty_nail
17th May 2019, 10:06 PM
Be good for $10k as quoted would recon....watchingYeah mate, doing the sums at the moment, had more of a chat with George this arvo. The budget and estimated spend will be max 10 on parts including motor etc, labour isn't costed, will be doing it myself with expert guidance and assistance cheers Alitis007

rusty_nail
17th May 2019, 10:06 PM
Holy crap Nicco. Just read all the angry thread.
I wonder if you could get a 4jj1 motor into a patrol...lol

Good luck with the build mate

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSht luck hey mate but what can you do.

rusty_nail
17th May 2019, 10:07 PM
Hey Nicco, can I borrow your missus 2 get approval for an Ls conversion in the GQ???? *LMAO*
Sorry 2 hear of all ur drama's :(
Really which you where still in the gong so I could catch up with you, Tegan and the not so new bornIt's ashame we can't catch up as easily but I don't miss the gong or Sydney one bit. Get down here for another Meetup mate!!

Maxhead
17th May 2019, 10:14 PM
Sht luck hey mate but what can you do.

Funk man, feel for ya.
Really really sux man

Clunk
17th May 2019, 11:09 PM
Not good mate...... but get a TB48 [emoji3]

jay see
19th May 2019, 10:20 PM
Wow Nico, that's shit...

But a v8 Patrol [emoji106]
I will be doing this to mine, so will be watching with interest..

I spoke to Brett at 4x4 Obsession a little while ago about a Ls conversion on mine. Some things to consider.

Ls1 can only run manual or pull out the electrics from the auto and it becomes a manualized box.

Ls2 better motor and can run the Nissan auto, but more $$$.

Just reading this back to myself. I'm not sure if the above is correct, but I remember Brett saying something along those lines.

Claims around 160kw with no mods.
He gave me a ball park figure of around $18k drive in drive out for a ls1.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
19th May 2019, 10:28 PM
Wow Nico, that's shit...

But a v8 Patrol [emoji106]
I will be doing this to mine, so will be watching with interest..

I spoke to Brett at 4x4 Obsession a little while ago about a Ls conversion on mine. Some things to consider.

Ls1 can only run manual or pull out the electrics from the auto and it becomes a manualized box.

Ls2 better motor and can run the Nissan auto, but more $$$.

Just reading this back to myself. I'm not sure if the above is correct, but I remember Brett saying something along those lines.

Claims around 160kw with no mods.
He gave me a ball park figure of around $18k drive in drive out for a ls1.

as far as i can make sense from the marks page, if you run the factory auto, you need to get a computer to control it. if you run the holden auto, the same thing is controlled by the lot, and you adapt at the transfer case.

MB
19th May 2019, 10:45 PM
As discussed around the campfire last night Nicko mate, matfews research has kindly found GU adaption at transfer with kept GM auto to be the cheapest?
Honestly my only concerns mentioned were GM auto box heat in this configuration in slow airflow hard working environments you’re surely going to be involved in mate.
Autos have always scared my nuffy mechanical experience up in our hills so do rely on manuals as cheapest and selectable hassle free.
Please don’t disregard my other posts past life 350/5.7L NA Chev cam advice. They are great older metal same motors if intake valves and exhaust valves are kept torquey equal and or a best grind below.

jay see
19th May 2019, 10:57 PM
Honestly my only concerns mentioned were GM auto box heat in this configuration in slow airflow hard working environments you’re surely going to be involved in mate.

Easy fix.
Can ran a gauge, fan and switch or a bigger trans cooler.

MB
19th May 2019, 11:09 PM
For sure Jaysee brother, and no doubt is a best solution they’re all doing with extra coin.
I’m just an ageing nuffy who currently runs a 6.5/396 diesel work twactor whom is scared shiitless of techy stuff. Still weeding out rubbing sump cooler lines and the like from poor modification practice second hand bought years back this beautiful twuck :-)