PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Bright 4WD, MTB & Camping Trip

aidanmair
8th May 2019, 07:45 PM
We love getting out to Bright and this time around I thought I'd film our trip. We free camp on the beautiful Ovens River, do a bit of exploring in the Patrol and go mountain biking. Bright is paradise!

I also like to include map points in the videos description so people can find where we camped and the places we visited so check them out too.

https://youtu.be/maaxWqabyIs

Safe travels :)

Rossco
9th May 2019, 07:09 AM
Awesome mate looked like a good trip. Beautiful camera work too really enjoying your vids that nightime shot was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maxhead
9th May 2019, 07:46 AM
Great vid mate, awesome work[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudnut
9th May 2019, 01:42 PM
I'll put Bright on the bucket list.

aidanmair
9th May 2019, 06:08 PM
Awesome mate looked like a good trip. Beautiful camera work too really enjoying your vids that nightime shot was amazing.

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it!

aidanmair
9th May 2019, 06:09 PM
Great vid mate, awesome work[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Maxhead!

aidanmair
9th May 2019, 06:09 PM
I'll put Bright on the bucket list.

Couldn't recommend it enough!

Big Gags
11th May 2019, 05:39 PM
Nice vid - love mountain biking up there but haven't explored free camping options (yet!!).

Out of interest, what combination of rims/tyres are you running? I've got a 2010 ST with a 2" lift kit and it's currently running the standard factory alloy 17" rims with Mickey Thompson Baja Mud tyres on it (i think they are 32" but not 100% sure). I'm considering going to steel rims and some bigger tyres and whatever you have got on looks the goods!! Also, do you get much tyre rub on the body when at full lock?

aidanmair
12th May 2019, 08:32 PM
Nice vid - love mountain biking up there but haven't explored free camping options (yet!!).

Out of interest, what combination of rims/tyres are you running? I've got a 2010 ST with a 2" lift kit and it's currently running the standard factory alloy 17" rims with Mickey Thompson Baja Mud tyres on it (i think they are 32" but not 100% sure). I'm considering going to steel rims and some bigger tyres and whatever you have got on looks the goods!! Also, do you get much tyre rub on the body when at full lock?

Thanks mate. I've also got a 2" lift and are running 16" Dynamic steel wheels with 315/75r16 tyres so roughly 35". No rubbing on full lock but I do very occasionally get a little bit of rub in the rear wheel arch on full flex. Pretty much only happens when the car is fully loaded on serious tracks so really isn't a worry.

Big Gags
26th June 2019, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Been thinking about getting a 2nd set of wheels and wondering how big I can go without having to do any body modifications. Couple of more questions: Do you ever get pulled over by the police because of the big wheels? Also, did you correct the speedo and if so how did you do it??

altech
4th July 2019, 05:00 PM
Bright up there on the Queens birthday weekend , did have the Patrol when I was their But a big shout to the guys at the Shell service station that hire chains, give the use of the chains for nothing as I was only doing sight seeing Snow. but if don't have them on you $640 dollar fine. I was happy to pay 35 bucks for day. took the drone with me and below is the video , please enjoy Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMpJhptZMrs

miahill0991
17th July 2019, 04:29 PM
Hi! Mate, Thanks for the video its so awesome to be there. I'm gonna visit those places specially at the place where I can see a lot of stars. Nissan Patrol is the best for night camping. :groupwave:

04OFF
18th July 2019, 10:06 PM

X2 , id like to also add great editing skills, the filming and other stuff is easy compared to x10 time spent editing from my experience, so yeh ,thumbs up here !

aidanmair
14th August 2019, 09:46 PM
X2 , id like to also add great editing skills, the filming and other stuff is easy compared to x10 time spent editing from my experience, so yeh ,thumbs up here !

Thanks 04OFF, you're definitely right, a lot of nights spent on the laptop ahah Thanks for the appreciation :)

04OFF
22nd August 2019, 09:29 PM
Yeh and untill you do it all, you can never really appreciate just how much time and effort it takes, i can see it well now, as in 2012, a friend and myself made a 2 disk, (3 hr DVD), we had about 15G worth of gear, spent about 50 hrs R&D, less than 18hrs filming , and i personally spent about 400hrs (not a typo, that's four hundred hours) on editing, artwork, and producing the disks and a cover............just about killed me.....never again (lol)

I recently got talked into filming a mates home wedding, same deal, 5hrs recording, 40 hrs editing, all for a 2 hour video :-)

Think ill just stick to photos from now on thanks ,haha

aidanmair
25th August 2019, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Been thinking about getting a 2nd set of wheels and wondering how big I can go without having to do any body modifications. Couple of more questions: Do you ever get pulled over by the police because of the big wheels? Also, did you correct the speedo and if so how did you do it??

Never been looked at twice by the police I think because its not a crazy lift it still looks quite proportionate and doesn't stand out too much. I run 4.6 diffs and with 35s my speed is pretty close to spot on so havent had to change anything.

Boyo
19th March 2020, 08:10 PM
Great vid, i'm looking for some ideas for carrying my bike on the spare wheel if possible, diy options.