PDA

View Full Version : any one keen for a day trip june long weekend

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi All

I'm keen for a wheel on the june long weekend I'm thinking Beerburrum, My mate who came to lcmp is keen and he hasnt been there before and I havnt been there enough to know my way around.

If any one else is keen let me know

Cheers
Benny

timbar
5th June 2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah sure mate i would be in ....but its gunna take me a week to get there so thats out hahahahahaha .......Good Luck mate Surely somone will want to go !!!!!

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah sure mate i would be in ....but its gunna take me a week to get there so thats out hahahahahaha .......Good Luck mate Surely somone will want to go !!!!!

A WEEK!!!!!! perth to brissy in 4 days get packing mate hahahahaha

hekarewe
5th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Hi All

I'm keen for a wheel on the june long weekend I'm thinking Beerburrum, My mate who came to lcmp is keen and he hasnt been there before and I havnt been there enough to know my way around.

If any one else is keen let me know

Cheers
Benny

what day on the long weekend???? will have to fit around work but would be interested if you put it together. as for knowledge of the area i have no idea :smiley_thumbs_up:

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 06:13 PM
I was thinkin saturday coz I thik my mate has to work sunday when are you free

hekarewe
5th June 2011, 06:25 PM
more then likely sunday as i drive for woolies sat nights are big and then monday on the longweek end will be a big night also but keep me posted you never know what will happen with them

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 06:29 PM
no worries mate

Bigrig
5th June 2011, 06:59 PM
We might be up for it too mate!! Will let you know ASAP!!

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 07:29 PM

no worries I think I'll do the same as last time (woodford Pub) and go to those 3 step ups where we did most of the filming, but I know that big red is over the road from there so'll definatly give that a crack. and I'm 90% certain there is a few hill climbs to the north of the step ups on that same powerlines track so I want to explore in that direction

Bigrig
5th June 2011, 07:33 PM
no worries I think I'll do the same as last time (woodford Pub) and go to those 3 step ups where we did most of the filming, but I know that big red is over the road from there so'll definatly give that a crack. and I'm 90% certain there is a few hill climbs to the north of the step ups on that same powerlines track so I want to explore in that direction

Too easy mate. Will let you know!

Dhuck
5th June 2011, 08:45 PM

Come on mate work it out. But does sound good

scotty83
5th June 2011, 08:48 PM
what type of track are you looking at?? I have a 2" trol with ATR's. Any point??

Bigrig
5th June 2011, 08:50 PM
what type of track are you looking at?? I have a 2" trol with ATR's. Any point??

Yeah mate - we've had a few like that out there previously from the forum - most tracks are straight forward, with the more adventurous of us hitting hard sections whilst others watch/video etc - great fun to be had!!

Dhuck
5th June 2011, 10:18 PM
Come for a trip mate. You are only around the corner from me. You can follow me up. Saves me coming up the rear all the time. lol. But seriously we have a good trip when we go out.

04OFF
6th June 2011, 10:03 AM
Sorry, I wont be able to make this trip guys, im pre booked for some beach bashin already.

Its still amazing where you can get with that combo, i have the same set up and has got me many places others think i won't make, one thing ive learn't tho, if you're behind him, do NOT always follow "Scotty's" line, as im sure sometimes he likes to take the hardest one just cos he can ! :D

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 12:57 PM
Hey boss - Sunday would be better for us also ... eeekkk ...

Does throw a spanner in the works??

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 06:44 PM
yeah mate if some less modified rigs want to come we'll cater for you

the first time i went out there i was on 2inch lift and 31 a/t's

thats the good thing about beerburrum it can cater for all from stockers to hardcore comp rigs with 40 inch tyres.

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 06:48 PM
Hey boss - Sunday would be better for us also ... eeekkk ...

Does throw a spanner in the works??

righto SUNDAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

is that better for everyone

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 06:53 PM
Come for a trip mate. You are only around the corner from me. You can follow me up. Saves me coming up the rear all the time. lol. But seriously we have a good trip when we go out.

so your coming too????

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 07:43 PM
We should be good from about 9am till about 2pm - got a BBQ on Sunday arvo now ...

If the consensus is Sunday, we're good for that time - Saturday is stuffed, and Monday is not much better!!

Sir Roofy
6th June 2011, 08:09 PM
Would luv to be there but going bush instead have a good one mate

DX grunt
6th June 2011, 08:10 PM
You're a week early. We had our long weekend today. lol

It's the old east versus west again. hahahaha

hekarewe
6th June 2011, 08:15 PM
righto SUNDAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

is that better for everyone

sunday is best for me will have to make sure i am not going to be called in,,,,,, that the only thing in my way as i work as a temp.

Sir Roofy
6th June 2011, 08:15 PM
you're a week early. We had our long weekend today. Lol

it's the old east versus west again. Hahahaha

so your saying that if we come over we,d be a week behind you/scarey

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 08:21 PM
We should be good from about 9am till about 2pm - got a BBQ on Sunday arvo now ...

If the consensus is Sunday, we're good for that time - Saturday is stuffed, and Monday is not much better!!

cool i can live with that woodford pub 9 am everyone ok with this?????????????? channel 12

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 08:22 PM
Would luv to be there but going bush instead have a good one mate

too easy mat you have fun on your escapades rain check for another time

hekarewe
6th June 2011, 08:29 PM
cool i can live with that woodford pub 9 am everyone ok with this?????????????? channel 12

sound good now being as i only moved up here a few months ago,,,,,, where is the woodford pub????

Dhuck
6th June 2011, 08:31 PM
Cool I be there Sunday. The pressure is on Benny

Ben-e-boy
6th June 2011, 08:39 PM
Cool I be there Sunday. The pressure is on Benny

ahhh yes the dual forgot about that again......................... we'll go tackle big red

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 09:03 PM
sound good now being as i only moved up here a few months ago,,,,,, where is the woodford pub????

If you're going Adrian, I can meet you on the highway heading north. There is a big BP service centre on the highway we can meet up at and you can follow me in - I'll be there around 8:15am if you're up for it - it's a top place, heaps of tracks, easy through to extreme ... stock cars will get everywhere and those that want to play take the "alternate" route!! lol

Dhuck
6th June 2011, 09:26 PM
ahhh yes the dual forgot about that again......................... we'll go tackle big red

Widow maker even

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 11:06 PM
Widow maker even

Now, now children ... we all wish to drive home afterwards I'm assuming??

Yeah, we'll give it a lash!!

Dhuck
6th June 2011, 11:08 PM

I reckon you would make it up widow maker Scotty

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 11:11 PM
I reckon you would make it up widow maker Scotty

Is it called the widow maker for a specific reason?? Or am I missing something?? lmao

Doubt it, but I'll give it go ... I'll get all four wheels 'officially' on the track and then say I've done it!! LOL!!

Glad I'm only going out for five hours or so, as it will take me every minute of that to get up it!!!!

hekarewe
7th June 2011, 12:07 AM
If you're going Adrian, I can meet you on the highway heading north. There is a big BP service centre on the highway we can meet up at and you can follow me in - I'll be there around 8:15am if you're up for it - it's a top place, heaps of tracks, easy through to extreme ... stock cars will get everywhere and those that want to play take the "alternate" route!! lol

I think thats where i went with the Ipswich club but they called it the glass house mountians just remember them pionting out a hill climb called big red and when i sudjested having a crack at it they said it was to hard:smileyvault-cute-bi we could hear some one down there have issues getting through it LOL

now the BP's is that the twin BP's on the Bruce Hway??? if so thats good as i know where they are. be good to get out there and have a look aroung agian or should i say some more!!!!

hekarewe
7th June 2011, 12:11 AM
Widow maker even

WIDOW MAKER????? i think your a bit far north for that last i heard that was down near coff harboure:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t

Bigrig
7th June 2011, 08:05 AM
I think thats where i went with the Ipswich club but they called it the glass house mountians just remember them pionting out a hill climb called big red and when i sudjested having a crack at it they said it was to hard:smileyvault-cute-bi we could hear some one down there have issues getting through it LOL

now the BP's is that the twin BP's on the Bruce Hway??? if so thats good as i know where they are. be good to get out there and have a look aroung agian or should i say some more!!!!

Correct on both counts - Glasshouse mountains and Beerburrum back onto each other ...

Bigrig
7th June 2011, 09:54 AM
Looks like it will just be me and two youngest billy lids ... missus has "stuff to do" with the older two ... soooo .. I'm off the leash!! LOL!!!

Happy to meet at the service centre Adrian as detailed - around 8:15am if you are good for it.

Who's going now? Benny, Dave, Adrian, Scotty (Scotty83), myself ... others??

hekarewe
7th June 2011, 10:07 AM
Looks like it will just be me and two youngest billy lids ... missus has "stuff to do" with the older two ... soooo .. I'm off the leash!! LOL!!!

Happy to meet at the service centre Adrian as detailed - around 8:15am if you are good for it.

right will keep you posted on my movements as the week gos on

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2011, 06:35 PM
Widow maker even

i'll give it a crack........ point me in the right direction

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2011, 06:36 PM

c'mon a couple more this is a good number

Warnie
8th June 2011, 08:51 AM
I wanna come but I have some more work to do on my girl before Melbourne, I also have these things called exams coming up that I need to study for :( have a great day and take plenty of pictures

Bigrig
11th June 2011, 07:39 PM
And so starts the rain just to make things that much more interesting tomorrow!!! LOL

See you all in the morning!!

growler2058
11th June 2011, 07:53 PM
Seeya fella hope you have a ball

hekarewe
11th June 2011, 11:59 PM
bring it on rain hail or shine grab a fistful of 4wd low range and a hole lota right foot and watch it all hit fan LOL come on sun morn,,,,

Dhuck
12th June 2011, 06:26 AM
I have risen and raring to go.

katwoman
12th June 2011, 06:27 AM
Rub it in a little more, why dont ya ??!!

growler2058
12th June 2011, 06:35 AM
I have risen and raring to go.

Bit of morning glory ay mate thanks for sharing hahahahahaha

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 07:15 AM

thats just to much information this early in the morning

Bigrig
12th June 2011, 07:46 AM

And dhuck's learned not to argue with things bigger than him, and that my furry little friends is why he goes along with it!!!!!!! lmfao

Couldn't resist little fella!!!! LOL

Bigrig
12th June 2011, 07:48 AM
I'm outta here in ten - Benny has just left and will see us at Woodford - see you on the gateway dhuck, see you at the service centre hekarewe, hopefully see you there too Nick, and into it we go!!

Love it!!!!

growler2058
12th June 2011, 08:12 AM
Have some mud for me!!

Silver
12th June 2011, 09:26 AM
they'll be taking a jumper or two. Brrrrrr.

YNOT
12th June 2011, 09:29 AM
they'll be taking a jumper or two. Brrrrrr.

and a Drizabone coat........

Tony

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 07:12 PM
ok here they are guys pic pic n more pics

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 07:17 PM
and then some more

growler2058
12th June 2011, 07:50 PM
Looks like very much fun!!

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 07:54 PM
and thats all folks

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 07:57 PM
as you can see we had a great day out today bit too much mud for me but great fun had a bit a trouble trying to stay clean :)

scotty ya slack ass where are your pics mate whats holding you up??????:animierte-smilies-f

Clunk
12th June 2011, 08:00 PM
great piccies hekarewe, cheers mate

katwoman
12th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Musta been cold.. QLDers with long pants on !!

hekarewe
12th June 2011, 08:38 PM

i was still in shorts just pussy QLDers that cant handle a little cold ROFLMAO

Bigrig
12th June 2011, 11:10 PM
i was still in shorts just pussy QLDers that cant handle a little cold ROFLMAO

Pussy QLD'ers??? Might wear long pants, but didn't need to be recovered by another car!!!!! LOL!!!

You did great mate, and we all had a ball - getting the vids tomorrow and will get then up ASAP - awesome day out and some very serious tracks tackled!!!

nickpeacock36
12th June 2011, 11:12 PM
Wish I could have made it. Although I think my ATs would have struggled in that mud. I will hopefully have the muddies for the next one.

Bigrig
12th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Wish I could have made it. Although I think my ATs would have struggled in that mud. I will hopefully have the muddies for the next one.

Adrian only had AT's mate and had a red hot go ... that said, that mud was bloody silty, sticky sh!t and we all struggled at certain points - I even had to snatch dhuck out at one stage!! He was having a play and got stuck at the same time as Adrian - four cars and two stuck!!! Heaps of fun!!! lol

hekarewe
13th June 2011, 01:15 AM

Dont under estermate the at's right tyre preasure and and track position they will hang as well as a muddy might take a couple of gos but they will get there.

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Sidenote: as dhuck and Benny can attest, my Harris Hardcase got a flogging yesterday, and not even a whimper from it!!! Once again, top job Mal ...

Ben-e-boy
13th June 2011, 10:04 AM

It must of been 15 degrees at its coldest..............winter has really set in here in queensland hahahaha

Ben-e-boy
13th June 2011, 10:09 AM

there was stuff that even my tyres couldnt grip. There was this one section that could have been done in a 2 wheel drive in the dry. it was that slippery that I couldnt do it in low range, locked and new 35 inch muddies

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 10:19 AM
I've been trying to clean out my beads - drivers side rear tyre flat as a tack this morning ... bummer ... lol

Will have another lash shortly ... a small price to pay for an awesome trek/day out!!!

Thanks again lads!!!

Dhuck
13th June 2011, 11:03 AM
I've been trying to clean out my beads - drivers side rear tyre flat as a tack this morning ... bummer ... lol

Will have another lash shortly ... a small price to pay for an awesome trek/day out!!!

Thanks again lads!!!

Welcome to my world Scotty. I have to clean out the rear left bead. But is holding preesure at 35 psi.

Again thanks for another great day out. Bec (my missus) and Karyn (my sister) had a great day out. Was there first day out to Beerburrum for them and Karyn's real first 4 wheelin sesion apart from learning to drive a manual Police Troopy on Stradbroke Island.

Also again Happy B'day for yesterday Benny. Hope it was a good one for ya.

hekarewe
13th June 2011, 11:16 AM

Thanks again lads!!!

in saying that scotty one flat tyre and blown winch two boggings 4 cars and hour to get the mud out from around my tyres great day out but i after the dick (sorry) in the landcruiser i will never be a good samaritan again still fuming about that not a thankyou or a by your leave or sorry i F^&%&^%D your winch can i fix you up for that if your not in the crew i am travelling with your on your own.

out with the bad in with the good i have now vented i feel better,,,,,,,,,,,, Figgin A*&)hole!!!! now im done:blowup::blowup::blowup::sterb003::sterb003::s terb032::sterb032:

Dhuck
13th June 2011, 05:45 PM
few more pics

growler2058
13th June 2011, 05:51 PM
That last foter reminds me of close encounters of the third kind

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 07:49 PM
Doing the vids up now - will have them up overnight! Maybe one tonight though - have to split it again ... painful!!! But worth it ...

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 09:57 PM
Part 1 - had to split it due to Youtube limitations ... hope you enjoy ... we did!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5r45gWXAE

patch697
13th June 2011, 10:27 PM
Looks wicked Scotty, can't wait to see part 2.

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 10:31 PM
Looks wicked Scotty, can't wait to see part 2.

Yeah mate - part two is better - we tackled a hill that apart from being steep with a couple of step ups, would normally be straight forward - not when it's wet as it turns out! As said in the N/S thread - check out the angle at about 4m28sec when Benny goes past the camera ...

Glad you enjoyed it ... can't wait to get out again!!!

hekarewe
13th June 2011, 10:41 PM
Part 1 - had to split it due to Youtube limitations ... hope you enjoy ... we did!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5r45gWXAE

good bit of vidio loved it cant wiit for the disc and watch the whole thing:smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 10:50 PM
good bit of vidio loved it cant wiit for the disc and watch the whole thing:smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

I'll bang it on a DVD tomorrow ...