PDA

View Full Version : Flare kit mounting

Wea
10th April 2019, 04:51 PM
I’ve got a set of factory flares I want to install but don’t know what clips to use to fit them.

I see a wide range on eBay as I’m a bit scared to go to Nissan, I don’t want to mortgage the house for $5 worth of plastic clips. Any advice welcome.

mudski
10th April 2019, 05:27 PM
I’ve got a set of factory flares I want to install but don’t know what clips to use to fit them.

I see a wide range on eBay as I’m a bit scared to go to Nissan, I don’t want to mortgage the house for $5 worth of plastic clips. Any advice welcome.

Buy the kits of eBay. Nissan dont sell a kit, these are made up from the sellers who have to buy each clip in multiples from Nissan. Should be around $30ish per flare to do.

MudRunnerTD
10th April 2019, 09:45 PM
You can go to Nissan and they will show you the exploded diagram for your model and sell you the right ones. They are cheap and easy. They will even print off the exploded diagram for you.

Cremulator
11th April 2019, 12:17 AM
The other thing to keep in mind is the rubber seal that goes between the body and the flare. If you don't have those, you'll need to source them too.
I bought a non-genuine clip set and genuine Nissan rubber seal from patrolapart to repair my passenger door flare on the driver's side.