PDA

View Full Version : Dual Fual GU Patrol "limited" to 2500RPM on petrol

sarahh07
2nd April 2019, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of purchasing a 98 GU Patrol from my parents which runs on LPG/petrol. It runs perfectly on LPG, however on petrol its as though its limited to 2500RPM, even with your foot to the floor.

We've replaced the fuel filter, drained the lines, and replaced the spark plugs. Fuel pump is working fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what it could be? In the past couple of years it has been run almost exclusively on LPG so I'm not sure when the problem started.

altech
2nd April 2019, 01:06 PM
Try the timing, get a good balance between both fuels.

Replace fuel pump as it might be fine , but on it's way out regards Alex

10G
2nd April 2019, 03:05 PM
I had an AU falcon with dual fuel, in the end the only thing I learnt was that it only ever ran well on one fuel. If you wanted it to run well on the other, I had to retune it for the other.

When did it last run well on petrol? Has anything changed since then? Could some crap have been picked up from the petrol tank and blocking it in the tank?

Good luck.

altech
2nd April 2019, 04:49 PM
I had an AU falcon with dual fuel, in the end the only thing I learnt was that it only ever ran well on one fuel. If you wanted it to run well on the other, I had to retune it for the other.

When did it last run well on petrol? Has anything changed since then? Could some crap have been picked up from the petrol tank and blocking it in the tank?

Good luck.

when I got the fuel pump replaced, when switching one to the other , No change when car driving down the road regards Alex

Arfa Brayne
18th May 2021, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of purchasing a 98 GU Patrol from my parents which runs on LPG/petrol. It runs perfectly on LPG, however on petrol its as though its limited to 2500RPM, even with your foot to the floor.

We've replaced the fuel filter, drained the lines, and replaced the spark plugs. Fuel pump is working fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea what it could be? In the past couple of years it has been run almost exclusively on LPG so I'm not sure when the problem started.

Had the same issue with my GQ when I bought it.
Would run on petrol, but rev to only 2500 and no power.
FUel pump was running - and sounded like it was "working fine". Wasn't until I put a pressure gauge on the supply that I realised it was putting out very little pressure.
Needs to be 40psi at fuel rail.
Replaced pump and problem solved.