PDA

View Full Version : Finally Y62 Patrol will get a DECENT warranty for 2019

04OFF
26th March 2019, 09:45 PM
So you heard it here first, if my MI5, KGB, 007, secret squirrel, Chinese whisper info is correct, as of next month, Nissan will announce the Y62 Patrol will now come with a 5 Year "unlimited" kilometer warranty (as appose to the 3 year 100,000k currently advertised)

This should bring it more in line with the Y62 warranty in other parts of the world (6 year 130,000k) and a bit closer to other manufacturers in Aus offering 5 and 7 year warranty's (or longer)

So if you are close to signing, ask the question at the stealership, or just wait a couple of weeks, as 2 years extra Mr Warren T ,is a bloody big deal in my books ;)

Not sure if the roadside assist will be extended past the 3 years , but hope they will extend that to 5 years as well ?

CamJam
27th March 2019, 08:38 AM
So you heard it here first, if my MI5, KGB, 007, secret squirrel, Chinese whisper info is correct, as of next month, Nissan will announce the Y62 Patrol will now come with a 5 Year "unlimited" kilometer warranty (as appose to the 3 year 100,000k currently advertised)

This should bring it more in line with the Y62 warranty in other parts of the world (6 year 130,000k) and a bit closer to other manufacturers in Aus offering 5 and 7 year warranty's (or longer)

So if you are close to signing, ask the question at the stealership, or just wait a couple of weeks, as 2 years extra Mr Warren T ,is a bloody big deal in my books ;)

Not sure if the roadside assist will be extended past the 3 years , but hope they will extend that to 5 years as well ?

DAMMIT!!! Wish they'd back-date it, at least the unlimited Km part! But excellent news for everyone else. Maybe I can wangle something with the dealer for $$'s and a genuine extended warranty or some such...

Jackofjr
27th March 2019, 05:10 PM
Give it a go CJ and let us know how ya go .

Tartrekka
29th March 2019, 08:00 PM
Perhaps I am a sceptic but I can't come to grips with why they or any other manufacturer would extend a warranty. My first thought is that while manufacturers are squeezing the dealers and their profits are reduced they are opening the door for the dealer to further squeeze the daylights out of the consumer with their inflated 4WD service prices. Ive had 3 Patrols from new, each one doing in excess of 200k with never a warranty claim. If it cost a 1000 per year for Nissan servicing it is $5k or more for the extended warranty. My figures may not be accurate but can you get my drift.?

the evil twin
30th March 2019, 10:26 AM
I look at it differently, every car I have owned has had thousands of $'s of warranty work carried out in the 5 years, mostly in the 3 to 5 year period.

I also choose to get my Cars serviced at the Dealerships and at current pricing and discounts it will cost me approx $3000 rather than approx $2000 using log book service centres for years 3 to 5 so $1,000 bucks is well worth it IMHO (mine came a promo deal of 5 years 100,000 warranty and roadside last year)

I go for 'Dealership Servicing' for a few reasons-

1. 3rd Party Servicings are exactly that IE the Service Book work only.

2. Dealership means the car will get all the Service Campaigns carried out. The Log Book Centres will not even be aware of them (I secifically mean 'campaigns' and there can be lots not 'recalls' of which there are very few). We had a Ranger blow a coolant bypass hose last year near Denham because that car had not been serviced by Ford so the hose had not been rerouted like the other Rangers in our Fleet.

3. I never have an issue with "wrong oil', 'wrong coolant', ' wrong operation', 'wasn't serviced correctly' or other excuses because if the entire service history is Nissan, Ford, Kia et al there is no grounds as all the parts etc are genuine not aftermarket which some/most logbook mobs will use.

4. I always tell them about EVERY little niggle so the vehicle has a record. This has helped me in the past with issues past warranty expiry getting fixed gratis.

5. The Service dudes know me so I always get offered trade price or better on spares/accessories and 'no bullshit' discussions. Last accessories I bought for my '62 I paid less than the cheapest price on Ebay.

Works for me anyway, saved me waaay more than the extra cost over the years.

Maximage
30th March 2019, 11:21 PM

BRILLIANT! Thank you very much! Currently researching Y62 vs the Everest. 2 very different beasts (neither perfectly matches what we want, however are the two best contenders for our usage) and test drove a Y62 today, When I stated that the 3 year warranty was one of the biggest things holding us back, the dealer tried to tell me "Well, would you believe it, there is a 5 year warranty promo that ends today." Apparently a Nissan warranty too, not just a third party crap one like a lot of dealers do. Didn't suck me in, as I had read elsewhere that Nissan had acknowledged the changes most manufacturers were making to warranties and said they were reviewing them. I have a feeling there may be an "on the quiet" deal in the lead up to this where dealers are told if someone mentions the warranty being a concern, they will chuck it in anyway until it is officially announced.

04OFF
1st April 2019, 12:07 AM
Perhaps I am a sceptic but I can't come to grips with why they or any other manufacturer would extend a warranty. My first thought is that while manufacturers are squeezing the dealers and their profits are reduced they are opening the door for the dealer to further squeeze the daylights out of the consumer with their inflated 4WD service prices. Ive had 3 Patrols from new, each one doing in excess of 200k with never a warranty claim. If it cost a 1000 per year for Nissan servicing it is $5k or more for the extended warranty. My figures may not be accurate but can you get my drift.?

well yeh ,its the same why anyone offers any warranty at all, its to sell stuff, when everyone offers 3 or 4 years "more" warranty than your brand, it kinda says your stuff is shit, if patrol is good, why not put their money where their mouth is, and back it up ?, probly closer to $2000 a year to service a Y62 through Nissan tho ?.

Toyota now jumping on the 5 year warranty band wagon as well, and now the base models even come with carpet and power windows :tease:

I look at it differently, every car I have owned has had thousands of $'s of warranty work carried out in the 5 years, mostly in the 3 to 5 year period.

I also choose to get my Cars serviced at the Dealerships and at current pricing and discounts it will cost me approx $3000 rather than approx $2000 using log book service centres for years 3 to 5 so $1,000 bucks is well worth it IMHO (mine came a promo deal of 5 years 100,000 warranty and roadside last year)

I go for 'Dealership Servicing' for a few reasons-

1. 3rd Party Servicings are exactly that IE the Service Book work only.

2. Dealership means the car will get all the Service Campaigns carried out. The Log Book Centres will not even be aware of them (I secifically mean 'campaigns' and there can be lots not 'recalls' of which there are very few). We had a Ranger blow a coolant bypass hose last year near Denham because that car had not been serviced by Ford so the hose had not been rerouted like the other Rangers in our Fleet.

3. I never have an issue with "wrong oil', 'wrong coolant', ' wrong operation', 'wasn't serviced correctly' or other excuses because if the entire service history is Nissan, Ford, Kia et al there is no grounds as all the parts etc are genuine not aftermarket which some/most logbook mobs will use.

4. I always tell them about EVERY little niggle so the vehicle has a record. This has helped me in the past with issues past warranty expiry getting fixed gratis.

5. The Service dudes know me so I always get offered trade price or better on spares/accessories and 'no bullshit' discussions. Last accessories I bought for my '62 I paid less than the cheapest price on Ebay.

Works for me anyway, saved me waaay more than the extra cost over the years.

I have heard many stories over the years ,where dealers will fix things not normally covered under warranty, due to the fact that every service has been completed through a factory dealership, it simply removes many question marks about what manufacturers may use as a excuse to dispute a warranty claim, and if i had a new car ,id do the same, getting it serviced by the dealer until the warranty expired.:biggrin:

BRILLIANT! Thank you very much! Currently researching Y62 vs the Everest. 2 very different beasts (neither perfectly matches what we want, however are the two best contenders for our usage) and test drove a Y62 today, When I stated that the 3 year warranty was one of the biggest things holding us back, the dealer tried to tell me "Well, would you believe it, there is a 5 year warranty promo that ends today." Apparently a Nissan warranty too, not just a third party crap one like a lot of dealers do. Didn't suck me in, as I had read elsewhere that Nissan had acknowledged the changes most manufacturers were making to warranties and said they were reviewing them. I have a feeling there may be an "on the quiet" deal in the lead up to this where dealers are told if someone mentions the warranty being a concern, they will chuck it in anyway until it is officially announced.

Your welcome,

Well look........im not the biggest frawd fan, but really, in a nut shell, a Y62 is almost the biggest fuel sucking monster pig 4x4 in AU......but if you can get your head around that fact, i think you will find in "every" other way, it out does every other 4x4 in value for money , performance and capability as a modern 4x4.

All modern 4x4s are getting better in luxury ,but worse in off road capability really, but from what i see, patrol has the worst fuel economy in general , but... no DPF, no Turbos, no Diesel Injectors, no Diesel Pump etc etc, (no failures) so much more potential to go longer without a issue IMO.

If you really do you your homework on the 4x4 system of a Y62 ,you will soon learn nothing modern really comes even near close....e.g.... how many cars have a rear LSD "and" a rear Locker ?, how many cars can have low range with rear locker on ,and still have traction control work on the front wheels ?...plus a genuine 270mm plus ground clearance ?

Jackofjr
1st April 2019, 08:49 AM
The TC is still active on the Ranger with the locker engaged but its not with the Y62 .

04OFF
1st April 2019, 08:33 PM
Ahh ok , i read that on the "other" forum, also said it was confirmed by Nissan, but must be just jurno BS, i dont have a Y62 so cant confirm ,but nobody disagreed about that info (lol)

Think id still have a 62 over a Ranger, but yet to see either in the flesh doing anything remotely classed as off roading ;)

mudski
1st April 2019, 08:53 PM
BRILLIANT! Thank you very much! Currently researching Y62 vs the Everest...

'Ken what!

the evil twin
2nd April 2019, 01:14 AM
'Ken what!

... prolly someone ran over an Everest in a '62 and scratched the Cats

Maximage
2nd April 2019, 06:51 PM
'Ken what!

LOL! Don't worry, it only took one test drive of the 'Trol to convince the Mrs. She's far from a soft cock driver, but since I drive a work supplied car, this will be her daily driver (hence wanting to avoid a DPF'd diesel with the short trips it does most days) and she was concerned about size ... (Yeah, I went there ...)

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! 😩 It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. 😁

mudski
2nd April 2019, 07:51 PM
LOL! Don't worry, it only took one test drive of the 'Trol to convince the Mrs. She's far from a soft cock driver, but since I drive a work supplied car, this will be her daily driver (hence wanting to avoid a DPF'd diesel with the short trips it does most days) and she was concerned about size ... (Yeah, I went there ...)

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! 😩 It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. 😁

All good. I just never thought I'd ever see those two vehicles used in a comparison.

04OFF
2nd April 2019, 08:02 PM

She currently drives a 2013 Pajero that's lifted with 3", upgraded intercooler, engine tune, bullbar etc, so she's not scared of rough 4WDs. Given we have a toddler, I eliminated most other 4WDs down to just the top two contenders for what we need, and they were Everest out of the smaller bodied ones, and Patrol over LC200. Luckily one trip to the car yard and a drive of both and she's absolutely sold on the Y62. Only problem is she now wants the blingy Ti-L which adds grief trying to choose a bulbar and stuff due to the extra sensors! �� It's a tough life but someones gotta make the sacrifices some times. ��

LOL , yeh so why would you expect her to have to reach up to close the tailgate, when in the L she can just press a button :tease:

Not to mention heated seats.......mmmm :biggrin:

Maximage
3rd April 2019, 12:25 AM
All good. I just never thought I'd ever see those two vehicles used in a comparison.

Neither would I ... Mainly coz the Everest suited us the best in all the ones a similar size to the Pajero ... and the 'Trol suited us best full stop ... didn't think she go for the Patrol but clearly she's smarter than I give her credit for some times. 😁

LOL , yeh so why would you expect her to have to reach up to close the tailgate, when in the L she can just press a button :tease:

Not to mention heated seats.......mmmm :biggrin:

I must admit, we currently have heated seats and have used em heaps more than I expected, especially after a cold morning mountain bike ride or similar.

One concern I have with the powered tail gate is it hitting the garage door because it will. It may mean an adjustment to loading the car and backing int out slightly first if opening the boot.