PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done diesel gas conversions on GU?

teleman
1st June 2011, 08:59 PM
Hey all, just wanted to ask if anyone knows much about Diesel gas conversions. Ive been doing a bit of reading and it seems that the systems improve combustion rate which improves power. It seems to me to me that the engine is heavilly modified to fit this system, plus another tank!!! That would make a total of 3 tanks to fill up with fuel in my GU 3.0.

So yeah please let me know what you guys know bout this sort conversion, and if its worth considering to prolong the life of my ZD30 engine.

I use my 3.0 as an everyday driver and for anything else. it has never let me or the family down.

YNOT
1st June 2011, 09:22 PM
Check this thread for info on diesel gas; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?671-gas-injection-for-td42-diesel&highlight=redlands

Tony

teleman
1st June 2011, 09:30 PM
Cheers. Thats a great thread. As you probably guessed, im new and still learning my way around the forum. Thanks

Bigcol
1st June 2011, 11:05 PM
I have a 1999 GU TD42 NA
it had the Diesel Gas setup in it when I brought it in Feb this year
from what I can gather from reading all over the place.... its not very helpful to a NA engine, but, much better on a Turbo'd engine

I had mine Dyno'd the other day
while on Diesel only, it was doing 88Kw & 257Nm at the wheels
on Diesel & gas, it was 92Kw & 273Nm at the wheels

not a vast improvement, but enough to let me know, once I get it Turbo'd, it will be a heck of a lot better

cheers

teleman
2nd June 2011, 05:14 PM
I have a 1999 GU TD42 NA
it had the Diesel Gas setup in it when I brought it in Feb this year
from what I can gather from reading all over the place.... its not very helpful to a NA engine, but, much better on a Turbo'd engine

I had mine Dyno'd the other day
while on Diesel only, it was doing 88Kw & 257Nm at the wheels
on Diesel & gas, it was 92Kw & 273Nm at the wheels

not a vast improvement, but enough to let me know, once I get it Turbo'd, it will be a heck of a lot better

cheers

Sounds like a great car bro. Let us know what the figures are on the dyno when its turbo'd. You got any pics up?

NissanGQ4.2
13th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a great car bro. Let us know what the figures are on the dyno when its turbo'd. You got any pics up?

If you look at his bigcols profile you will see lotsa pics

Guido
18th August 2011, 03:52 PM
I haven't seen any posts or reports of long term use with a gas conversion fitting to a CRD. Are there any out there?

TuffTD42
18th August 2011, 04:08 PM
My mate fitted the gas system up to his gu 4.2 factory turbo ute. After driving it I think he wasted his money. That money would have been better spent on upgrading his turbo etc as he was chasing more power. As far as prolonging the life of the engine I can't comment on that.