PDA

View Full Version : Fairwell meetup for the great man - Sir Roofy - Friday 3rd May to Monday 6th May

AB
5th March 2019, 08:51 AM
The great man has left our world but has made a huge impact on many lives on our forum.

We are having a meet up at a property in Christmas Hills, Vic on Friday 3rd May to Monday 6th May.

The property is on a ridge overlooking the rolling hills of the Yarra Valley, beautiful spot, ample parking, camping and 2WD access if required.

We will have a large fire but BYO camping equipment, food and drinks, etc.

We can get the Kanga out to auger holes for toilets so BYO toilet tent if you want to as well.

Please put your name down on the poll above with how many people in your group, kids are welcome as always!

I'm thinking a celebration of Roofy's life would be fun to dress country, put on your flanny, your akubra hat, anything goes for a fun night to say farewell to a great man!

Winnie
5th March 2019, 10:26 AM
Great work AB, we will be there with roofys old camper trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rossco
5th March 2019, 12:22 PM
Yep be there 4 sure can't wait. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

threedogs
5th March 2019, 03:14 PM
Would love to be there , but health is rock bottom atm
Ill crack the Dimples open and have drink for Roofy
one of the true gentleman in the world, will never forget you mate

Cuppa
5th March 2019, 03:32 PM
Well done Andy & Mark. Would love to be there, but will still be in the West Kimberley ...... will encourage my Ballarat representative to attend (not that any encouragement will be required) to ensure that the ensuing shenannigans are up to Roofy's standard.

mudnut
5th March 2019, 03:35 PM
Would love to be there , but health is rock bottom atm
Ill crack the Dimples open and have drink for Roofy
one of the true gentleman in the world, will never forget you mate

Well, I can't go to both the Murray and Roofy's farewell. I've stuffed my foot and it will take a lot of time to heal so I can't do anything until then anyway.

threedogs
5th March 2019, 03:44 PM
Im waiting for some magic needle that they say will stop all my pain
but cant walk at the moment well not far, Id love to be at Roofys do mudnut sorry about the phone call was struggling bad at that moment
so apologies mate

jack
5th March 2019, 04:46 PM
We’re in, two definite but maybe a grandchild or two extra.

AB
5th March 2019, 06:44 PM
Just thinking out loud too, we want this to be a cracker of a funny night so we remember it for ever, please folks don’t hold back, go nuts with the country Aussie theme please.

There will be jaeger bombs (Roofy’s favourite), there will be side splitting humour and a many stories told!

There will also be hangovers so if you can then take the Monday off and we can do pizzas, fish n chips etc with a chilled out Sunday of sitting around, Yarra Glen township is only 10 mins away with IGA and takeaway shops so think about that too.

Put your heads together for kids entertainment too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob
5th March 2019, 07:11 PM
We have voted Jane Lorraine and yours truly

AB
5th March 2019, 07:42 PM
We have voted Jane Lorraine and yours truly

Looking forward to seeing you both again and Jane hugs mate!

mudnut
5th March 2019, 07:56 PM
So is the main party on Star Wars Night. If so I am negotiating with Mrs mudsane.

Bob
5th March 2019, 07:58 PM
So is the main party on Star Wars Night. If so I am negotiating with Mrs mudsane.

Looking forward to catching up again Mate

Hodge
5th March 2019, 08:05 PM
I'm there. Can't wait !

katwoman
5th March 2019, 08:32 PM
We’ll try our best. Maybe one night, Saturday?

MudRunnerTD
5th March 2019, 09:14 PM
100% great spot. Will be a great weekend

AB
5th March 2019, 09:59 PM
Yes Saturday night will be main night I envisage.

Friday is dedicated campers medium night, Saturday is all out celebrating and Sunday is relax story telling time with relaxed environment lol

BigRAWesty
5th March 2019, 10:32 PM
TPC Growler or any adelaide blokes keen??
Maybe road trip??
I can't remember much from the last trip apart from fertilizing a few trees Sunday morning....
But it was a ripper first half the night lol..

TPC
5th March 2019, 10:46 PM
TPC Growler or any adelaide blokes keen??
Maybe road trip??
I can't remember much from the last trip apart from fertilizing a few trees Sunday morning....
But it was a ripper first half the night lol..

I am keen but maybe away on a mine site.

growler2058
6th March 2019, 05:44 AM
As normal I’ll do me best but can’t commit just yet

JonnoD
6th March 2019, 10:39 AM
The 4 of us should be there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
6th March 2019, 11:07 PM
Can't vote till I get to a PC, Tegan Lacey and I are totally in for this

Bob
12th March 2019, 07:12 PM
Bump....................

AB
12th March 2019, 07:25 PM
Yep make sure you vote folks so we know the numbers please!

Plasnart
12th March 2019, 07:50 PM
Will be there for sure.

AB
12th March 2019, 08:45 PM
Confirmed Jane coming too folks so let’s make it a happy night with antics that Roofy would be ashamed of and laugh at us young idiots!

AB
12th March 2019, 08:49 PM
Me again...

If anyone is really struggling for a toilet tent for poo poo or squat squad let me know via pm and I’ll sort it out lol

Maxhead
12th March 2019, 09:35 PM
The four of us will be there Saturday and leaving Sunday. Just going to swag it.
I’ll try and vote on PC tomorrow

TPC
13th March 2019, 07:14 PM
If I was to fly in would anyone have a swag they could loan me for the weekend?

MB
13th March 2019, 07:26 PM
Too easy Tony, PM sent mate!

AB
13th March 2019, 09:06 PM

How many bottles of red are you allowed to take on the plane Tony? ;)

TPC
13th March 2019, 09:38 PM
How many bottles of red are you allowed to take on the plane Tony? ;)

I was thinking I could bring a dozen red, and still have room for a toothbrush and 2 pairs of jocks.

MudRunnerTD
15th March 2019, 11:29 AM
I was thinking I could bring a dozen red, and still have room for a toothbrush and 2 pairs of jocks.

Jocks are cheap, buy some here.... put your toothbrush in your pocket ;)

MudRunnerTD
15th March 2019, 11:29 AM

Actually just put 3 pairs of jock on under your jeans mate!!. deal done

MB
17th March 2019, 04:21 PM
The young blokes have kindly started tucker preparations for the Saturday night folks.
One of Craig’s favourites will be off soon for converting to snags, kranskys and some roasts if anyone is keen to have another camp oven cook off again?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/216.jpg
Might need help on another poll or the like MudRunnerTD mate for specific oven portion sizes requested if folks are keen again like the last time the great man was up here Anzac meetup.

jack
17th March 2019, 04:30 PM
The young blokes have kindly started tucker preparations for the Saturday night folks.
One of Craig’s favourites will be off soon for converting to snags, kranskys and some roasts if anyone is keen to have another camp oven cook off again?
....... if folks are keen again like the last time the great man was up here Anzac meetup.

Definitely keen to judge the results Mark

MB
17th March 2019, 04:34 PM
No way Jack mate, you’re having a go cooking this time too :-) ! Plenty of ovens around we can lend if you need mate. Really hoping threedogs - John mate can attend too with some classic great old ovens from his top collection [emoji106][emoji106]

PeeBee
17th March 2019, 04:47 PM
I am happy to surrender my venison recipe for any of the gwendolyn master chefs. PM me for details.

MB
17th March 2019, 04:51 PM
We already know Philstar, you were nothing short of a proud winner, Bourbon Honey Injected, was delicious [emoji106][emoji106]
EDIT: Maybe best folks to PM PeeBee , forgot about the double honey dilution added to the mix [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

PeeBee
17th March 2019, 06:21 PM
OK, it wont stay secret for long anyway.

for a 2kg piece of venison, if possible a piece that is maybe 5-7 cm thick and something that can be rolled up like a sponge cake, however if a heavy single chink, just inject deeply.

1 cup of wild turkey honey - the old porcelain camp mug size
1/2 a cup of honey, combine in a pot and heat gently to blend the honey into the bourbon - low flame or bourbon could ignite, add half a teaspoon of ground black pepper as well. Inject the brew whilst its warm, not hot or you will start cooking from the inside.
Use a basting needle and syringe and inject the meat thoroughly. It needs to be deep injections and the flesh has to visibly plump up
Roll the meat up if its a thin cut or simply wrap in glad wrap and let it cool for 1 hr.
Remove from gladwrap, baste the meat in a mixture of salted butter and tarragon.
Wrap the entire meat in 2 layers of fatty bacon rashers - get the no name long rashers with more fat that meat. You want the meat looking like a totally encased soccerball. Hold the bacon on with skewers or tooth picks.
Return the meat to the fridge on a tray and cool for 1 hr.

remove the meat from the fridge and wrap in a double layer of coconut fronds or similar. The intent is to let the juices escape to a degree and also protect the meat from burning during the cooking process. Venison has next to no fat, so you are creating and injecting moisture into the meat. You cannot overdo it, but if you skimp it could end up dry. You might get a similar effect with baking paper, but not alfoil as it will burn the surface as the heat will conduct where it hits the meat.

For Gwendolyn Oven, 15- 18 heat beads on the base, 8-10 heat beads on the lid, fired down to white coating, then start assembly of the pot.

Half a bottle of good quality heavy bodied shiraz, something around the $40 a bottle - cheaper and you wont get a good bodied broth which you want later, add this to the pot with a tablespoon of peanut oil, swish around to mix.

Assemble the outer oven box on the coals, complete with the pizza stone inside. Place pot onto the stone, add the venison to the pot, put the smoker lid in place with a thin layer of chips, then add the top coal plate. Commence demolition of the remaining 1/2 bottle of shiraz.

Temperature should be around 150 degC for at least 1 hr, no more. Add or subtract coals if required. Check the core temp after 1 hr and it should be around the 120degC from memory and cooked but have a slight rare look about it. By this time the heat will start to drop from the coals, so a tempered finish should be fine if its under cooked - its a rare meat so expect some colour.

The meat will be springy to some degree, so remove and let it rest under a cover of alfoil for 20 minutes out of the wind, I wrapped a towel over mine to slow the heat loss.

Remove the foil and cut into chunks about 3-4cm sq. Place the chunks into a bowl and spoon the broth from the pot over the top of the chunks. Cover with foil and then serve straight away. with toothpicks so the chunks can be easily savoured.

Wish I was going to be there to see the outcome - enjoy.

MB
17th March 2019, 06:27 PM
Fantastic read Philstar [emoji106]
Youtube a full video version please and or get yourself back down here from WFNQ on the days to teach us all in person tribute [emoji106][emoji106]

AB
17th March 2019, 06:29 PM
Those snags are delicious!!!!

MB
17th March 2019, 06:54 PM
The WA kindly gifted ZIN is still here too awaiting its owner and top mates collection/consumption.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/217.jpg
Airport mini shuttle bus via PM is looking like needing upgrades to the old InterAcco and a 20GP cross border immigration style [emoji106][emoji106]

jack
17th March 2019, 07:17 PM
No way Jack mate, you’re having a go cooking this time too :-) ! Plenty of ovens around we can lend if you need mate. Really hoping threedogs - John mate can attend too with some classic great old ovens from his top collection [emoji106][emoji106]

Happy to have a crack, I’ve only ever cooked in a camp oven once and was very pleased with the result.
I’ll do a roast pork with crackling.

MB
17th March 2019, 07:27 PM
Perfect Jackstar [emoji106][emoji106]

AB
17th March 2019, 07:34 PM
The WA kindly gifted ZIN is still here too awaiting its owner and top mates collection/consumption.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/217.jpg
Airport mini shuttle bus via PM is looking like needing upgrades to the old InterAcco and a 20GP cross border immigration style [emoji106][emoji106]

Ooow Yummo!!!

AB
17th March 2019, 07:34 PM
Avo Clunk DOGgy TheEvilTwin

It's time!

MB
17th March 2019, 07:39 PM
No excuses I too says!
Where there’s a will there’s a way Little 84 Willy’s [emoji106][emoji106]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/218.jpg

rusty_nail
17th March 2019, 07:44 PM
Would be great to catch up again with all the westerners!! Was excellent seeing everyone yesterday, looking forward to seeing the rest of you

MB
17th March 2019, 07:46 PM
Millimeters I meant, same here, all good ya softy sooks :-)

Plasnart
17th March 2019, 07:50 PM
Millimeters I meant, same here, all good ya softy sooks :-)

jack
17th March 2019, 08:17 PM

It's time!

Cuppa another sandgroper you too! :hpfredgeorge1::hpfredgeorge1::hpfredgeorge1::hpfr edgeorge1:

Clunk
18th March 2019, 11:27 AM

It's time!Sorry guys but I'm just going to have to read about all of the escapades here. Might be out of work at the end of the month and not had any news so far from prospective new workplaces. It's all a waiting game

threedogs
18th March 2019, 01:17 PM
PeeBee maybe the paper test will be as accurate black too hot white, light fire you idiot and brown just right.
MB tough enough for me now with out this on top of it, I'm privelidged to have spent a few camps up the murray
with Roofy and Jane. what a pair eh

Cuppa
18th March 2019, 06:07 PM
Cuppa another sandgroper you too! :hpfredgeorge1::hpfredgeorge1::hpfredgeorge1::hpfr edgeorge1:

8 months doth not a groper of sand maketh.

BigRAWesty
18th March 2019, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately crew I'm not going to be able to make this one.
I hope everyone has a top night.
Regards

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
18th March 2019, 08:33 PM
PeeBee maybe the paper test will be as accurate black too hot white, light fire you idiot and brown just right.
MB tough enough for me now with out this on top of it, I'm privelidged to have spent a few camps up the murray
with Roofy and Jane. what a pair ehMaybe can we organise a chaffer for you mate? It would be good to finally get yo to one of these things?

threedogs
19th March 2019, 04:05 PM
Maybe can we organise a chaffer for you mate? It would be good to finally get yo to one of these things?

Thanks for the offer but Im a real mess.
Ive said my goodbye to Roofy, one day
Id love to meet all of you, but very hard as I said

AB
24th March 2019, 07:00 PM
Bumping this, please put your names down folks as I know there are more people coming than this....

Maxhead
24th March 2019, 07:34 PM
Bumping this, please put your names down folks as I know there are more people coming than this....

Oops, I’ll get onto this tomorrow [emoji106]

TPC
29th March 2019, 11:32 AM
Have booked my flights so am in. :)

mudski
29th March 2019, 01:18 PM
OK, it wont stay secret for long anyway.

for a 2kg piece of venison, if possible a piece that is maybe 5-7 cm thick and something that can be rolled up like a sponge cake, however if a heavy single chink, just inject deeply.

1 cup of wild turkey honey - the old porcelain camp mug size
1/2 a cup of honey, combine in a pot and heat gently to blend the honey into the bourbon - low flame or bourbon could ignite, add half a teaspoon of ground black pepper as well. Inject the brew whilst its warm, not hot or you will start cooking from the inside.
Use a basting needle and syringe and inject the meat thoroughly. It needs to be deep injections and the flesh has to visibly plump up
Roll the meat up if its a thin cut or simply wrap in glad wrap and let it cool for 1 hr.
Remove from gladwrap, baste the meat in a mixture of salted butter and tarragon.
Wrap the entire meat in 2 layers of fatty bacon rashers - get the no name long rashers with more fat that meat. You want the meat looking like a totally encased soccerball. Hold the bacon on with skewers or tooth picks.
Return the meat to the fridge on a tray and cool for 1 hr.

remove the meat from the fridge and wrap in a double layer of coconut fronds or similar. The intent is to let the juices escape to a degree and also protect the meat from burning during the cooking process. Venison has next to no fat, so you are creating and injecting moisture into the meat. You cannot overdo it, but if you skimp it could end up dry. You might get a similar effect with baking paper, but not alfoil as it will burn the surface as the heat will conduct where it hits the meat.

For Gwendolyn Oven, 15- 18 heat beads on the base, 8-10 heat beads on the lid, fired down to white coating, then start assembly of the pot.

Half a bottle of good quality heavy bodied shiraz, something around the $40 a bottle - cheaper and you wont get a good bodied broth which you want later, add this to the pot with a tablespoon of peanut oil, swish around to mix.

Assemble the outer oven box on the coals, complete with the pizza stone inside. Place pot onto the stone, add the venison to the pot, put the smoker lid in place with a thin layer of chips, then add the top coal plate. Commence demolition of the remaining 1/2 bottle of shiraz.

Temperature should be around 150 degC for at least 1 hr, no more. Add or subtract coals if required. Check the core temp after 1 hr and it should be around the 120degC from memory and cooked but have a slight rare look about it. By this time the heat will start to drop from the coals, so a tempered finish should be fine if its under cooked - its a rare meat so expect some colour.

The meat will be springy to some degree, so remove and let it rest under a cover of alfoil for 20 minutes out of the wind, I wrapped a towel over mine to slow the heat loss.

Remove the foil and cut into chunks about 3-4cm sq. Place the chunks into a bowl and spoon the broth from the pot over the top of the chunks. Cover with foil and then serve straight away. with toothpicks so the chunks can be easily savoured.

Wish I was going to be there to see the outcome - enjoy.

Well this is on TPC wont touch. Its got bourbon in it. :P

TPC
29th March 2019, 01:34 PM
Well this is on TPC wont touch. Its got bourbon in it. :P

Haha, I had some last time.

pearcey
29th March 2019, 10:10 PM
Sorry guys wont be able to make this deal either. Was hoping to, but as with the other trips I`ll be a bit layed up.
Will toast the man on the day with a fine scotch and will be thinking of him.

AB
29th March 2019, 11:26 PM
Sorry guys wont be able to make this deal either. Was hoping to, but as with the other trips I`ll be a bit layed up.
Will toast the man on the day with a fine scotch and will be thinking of him.

All good Pearcey!!!

MB
31st March 2019, 08:16 PM
Rains are thankfully up here finally folks, mountains will be wetter soon and Sir Roofy’s firewood will be dry just in time [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/343.jpg
Zero flex, reminds us of old leafy cruisers!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/344.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/03/345.jpg
See you all soon, stories, hats, bring them [emoji106][emoji106]

matfew
25th April 2019, 10:50 PM
MB this the one

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MB
25th April 2019, 10:51 PM
Back on track, thanks matfew [emoji106][emoji106]

jack
25th April 2019, 11:07 PM
We should be there early afternoon Friday.

MB
25th April 2019, 11:26 PM
Quick heads up good Folks!
Have PM messaged Bob new gate/driveway number entry differing lower from last ANZAC meetup with Sir Roofy here.
PM me if unsure and kindly let us know what you’re towing and we’ll do our best to grade/carve a caravan swing in if needed?

rusty_nail
26th April 2019, 06:21 AM
This is happening next weekend right? The 4th?

MB
26th April 2019, 07:02 AM
Yes mate.

Plasnart
26th April 2019, 09:32 AM
I'll be there Saturday midday-ish.

Rossco
26th April 2019, 09:53 AM
Looks like fire restrictions lifted 1st of May which is good timing. . Nice fire yay. .

Hodge
26th April 2019, 10:02 AM
Shall be there Saturday midday or earlier !

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Maxhead
26th April 2019, 04:48 PM
We could be out from coming next week, will confirm tomorrow...spewing!

Plasnart
26th April 2019, 04:55 PM
What night's the big bonnie?

AB
26th April 2019, 04:56 PM

Make it happen krisso mate, looking forward to seeing ya!

We just had a first proper cold snap down here and good rain, hopefully the restrictions get lifted next week, fingers firmly crossed!

AB
26th April 2019, 04:56 PM
Looks like fire restrictions lifted 1st of May which is good timing. . Nice fire yay. .

Awesome, I was just thinking it should be lifted soon, bring it on!

AB
26th April 2019, 04:57 PM
What night's the big bonnie?

Friday to Sunday...lol

Nah probably Saturday arvo we will light up the sky.

AB
26th April 2019, 04:59 PM
Bob has Lorraine been in contact with Jane recently about next weekend?

Bob
26th April 2019, 05:24 PM
Bob has Lorraine been in contact with Jane recently about next weekend?
@AB
Yes she has Andy.
We are travelling up with her and still arranging a time. Two Vehicles
Will be on Ftiday

Hodge
26th April 2019, 05:59 PM
What night's the big bonnie?Bring that tiny chair again mate. Lol.
That was a fkn rippa.

lucus30
26th April 2019, 06:03 PM

Yup i'm in but will be rolling solo and only there Friday night and will have to leave around lunch time Saturday.

Winnie
26th April 2019, 06:08 PM
Looks like both mine and Amy's bosses have stuffed up our leave so we maybe only there for the night on Saturday

Plasnart
26th April 2019, 06:53 PM
Bring that tiny chair again mate. Lol.
That was a fkn rippa.

Shall do Hodgey! I just might offer it up for "Best (insert here)"? Need ideas, bring them on.

And it could become a perpetual forum prize maybe??

Haha, or maybe not! :D

AB
26th April 2019, 06:56 PM
Shall do Hodgey! I just might offer it up for "Best (insert here)"? Need ideas, bring them on.

Best hat, best Roofy look, best Roofy comments, best Roofy story, etc...

jack
26th April 2019, 07:08 PM

Best Breadmaker Breaker

Plasnart
26th April 2019, 07:09 PM
Best hat, best Roofy look, best Roofy comments, best Roofy story, etc...

Best bush poetry would be a good one, maybe?

Here's a pic of the tiny chair for those who haven't seen it.

TPC
26th April 2019, 08:19 PM
Looking forward to this, will be weird flying in and camping as used to having all my gear in camper and car.

TPC
26th April 2019, 08:23 PM

Make it happen mate.

AB
26th April 2019, 08:28 PM
Looking forward to this, will be weird flying in and camping as used to having all my gear in camper and car.

I’m not sure what mb has organised behind the scenes if at all Tony, but what do you need?

katwoman
26th April 2019, 10:15 PM
Me and me dog will be there Saturday some time. Steve May or may not come. Probably will.
This is at MB s yes ?

TPC
26th April 2019, 10:25 PM
I’m not sure what mb has organised behind the scenes if at all Tony, but what do you need?

He said he would organize a spot to sleep, still ok MB ?

I will just need somewhere to cook on and use a bit of esky space for a few beers.

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2019, 12:35 AM
Me and me dog will be there Saturday some time. Steve May or may not come. Probably will.
This is at MB s yes ?

Yes mate, on top of the hill at MBs place. Great spot

MB
27th April 2019, 05:47 AM
All sorted Tony mate, will just need your sleeping bag and pillow for the little old Jayco. Just let me know your flight number and I’ll time myself to collect you on the way back home myself past Tullamarine Friday.

MB
27th April 2019, 05:50 AM
Might pay to bring along a chainsaw or two good folks, we’ve got the bonnie sorted already, just need some help getting cooking/campfire pile together for the weekend.

lucus30
27th April 2019, 08:55 AM
Might pay to bring along a chainsaw or two good folks, we’ve got the bonnie sorted already, just need some help getting cooking/campfire pile together for the weekend.

No can do... i couldnt get my chainsaw started last weekend. Happy to bring it if somebody wants to fix it lol

TPC
27th April 2019, 09:42 AM
All sorted Tony mate, will just need your sleeping bag and pillow for the little old Jayco. Just let me know your flight number and I’ll time myself to collect you on the way back home myself past Tullamarine Friday.

Thanks Mark, I don't need a lift as I have a rental car organized.

MB
27th April 2019, 09:45 AM
That’s right, I forgot, go the Nissan Micra mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Rossco
27th April 2019, 09:51 AM
Il bring up a saw, if anyone else needs a bed can bring up the jayco too if need be. .

katwoman
27th April 2019, 10:04 AM
No can do... i couldnt get my chainsaw started last weekend. Happy to bring it if somebody wants to fix it lol

Must be the season for it. Both of ours are at the doctors too.

MB
27th April 2019, 10:20 AM
Il bring up a saw, if anyone else needs a bed can bring up the jayco too if need be. .

That would be awesome if you could bring your Jayco up for Tony mate!
Just remembered one of our end zippers needs attention after Cape Jaffa trip, might be a bit breazy for old mate!

TPC
27th April 2019, 11:23 AM
I am not fussy, anything is good.

Rossco
27th April 2019, 11:47 AM
Cool I'll be up friday sometime, just getting a water tank delivered once that's here all good. .

rusty_nail
27th April 2019, 11:59 AM
Thanks Mark, I don't need a lift as I have a rental car organized.When You get to the counter to pickup mate, ask how their day is etc make small talk and as soon as reasonable ask if they have any free upgrades today. You have nothing to loose and most of the time if you have the balls to ask they will have something for you. My most recent upgrade was to a Colorado z71, although most of the time it's to a Camry or a small family hatch.

matfew
27th April 2019, 01:09 PM
I'll have mine on board. Hoping to get there in day light Friday but have no clue what's going on with work this week yet. Could be in Colac. Could be in Bayswater.

rusty_nail
27th April 2019, 06:39 PM
i can bring a couple of saws. =) @MB, want us to bring any arvo snack food or something like that? i would be happy to bring some cheeses etc for a smorgas board?

MB
27th April 2019, 07:13 PM
Sounds great mate, I probably won’t be rolling home until early evening, might have to leave you blokes to it if ok.

jack
27th April 2019, 11:04 PM
Assume we are parking in the same area as last time? I'll just look for the bonfire pile.

MB
28th April 2019, 06:06 AM
Yes mate, up the new driveway you’ll arrive at the shack, swing left around the big old tree and head through the open gate towards the top of the hill again. Feel free to setup camp anywhere you like. Horses will be locked in the little roadside paddocks so best not to park your cars too close to the fence line as the naughty young Clydesdale likes to eat Patrols, trust me on that!

MB
28th April 2019, 06:32 AM
Whilst at the shack jack mate, feel free to fill your van water tanks mentioned needed there first before heading up to camp.
Just reverse up between the shack and shed and you’ll see the short hose on the shacks corner. Please do watch out for the overhead powerlead it’s only about 2.4m high heading across to the coolroom.

Bob
28th April 2019, 01:00 PM
Looks like being Chilly Weekend. All the better for sitting around the Monster Fire that Mark has planned for us

Friday 3 May
Summary

Min 6
Max 16
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h turning northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h later in the day.

Saturday 4 May
Summary

Min 7
Max 16
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

mudski
28th April 2019, 06:23 PM
Looks like being Chilly Weekend. All the better for sitting around the Monster Fire that Mark has planned for us

Friday 3 May
Summary

Min 6
Max 16
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 3 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h turning northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h later in the day.

Saturday 4 May
Summary

Min 7
Max 16
Shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%

We will "play it by ear" about the rain. Just speaking with MB today and I have a massive tarp I can bring up that can be suspended from the two shipping containers on site if needed. If anyone who went to the Dargo trip Cup weekend 2016??? Would remember this tarp. Its pretty big. Served us well.

AB
28th April 2019, 06:34 PM
We will "play it by ear" about the rain. Just speaking with MB today and I have a massive tarp I can bring up that can be suspended from the two shipping containers on site if needed. If anyone who went to the Dargo trip Cup weekend 2016??? Would remember this tarp. Its pretty big. Served us well.

That was a huge life saver at Dargo!!!

Sorry I didn't make it today either mate, Mia had a sleepover and they didn't drop her back until Midday and then MB and I got the paddock house ready for the meet up.

rusty_nail
28th April 2019, 07:02 PM
Any one interested in doing a spit? I can arrange it if there are enough eager mouths

Bob
28th April 2019, 07:16 PM
Any one interested in doing a spit? I can arrange it if there are enough eager mouths

rusty_nail
Sounds good says Lorraine.
Willing to put in to cover any costs

AB
28th April 2019, 07:18 PM
We have venison snags and assortments on Saturday night too and I just spoke to MB and I'll whip up some salads for that night too folks but look after yourselves for brekky's, lunches and other dinners outside of Saturday night.

AB
28th April 2019, 07:21 PM

Sounds great Nicko, that would be awesome, we'll all chip in too!

Bob
28th April 2019, 07:22 PM
We have venison snags and assortments on Saturday night too and I just spoke to MB and I'll whip up some salads for that night too folks but look after yourselves for brekky's, lunches and other dinners outside of Saturday night.

Lorraine is bringing a couple of Roofy's favourite Fruit Cakes to share

jack
28th April 2019, 07:24 PM

Go for it Nick, happy to chip in.

rusty_nail
28th April 2019, 07:27 PM
Done I will make some arrangements

Hodge
28th April 2019, 07:30 PM

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkAbsolutely in mate !
Will chip in whatever the cost is.

TPC
28th April 2019, 07:34 PM

Sounds good, will chip in too.

TPC
28th April 2019, 07:35 PM
Would someone have a extra chair that I could use?
Don't think I can fit one in my bag.

Plasnart
28th April 2019, 07:37 PM
Done I will make some arrangements

I'll chip in too mate. The trol is off the road at the moment so travelling light next weekend. Rocking up in an xtrail and sleeping in the old 2-man domer! Crikey, takes me back to my slab and a can of braised steak camping days!!

Plasnart
28th April 2019, 07:39 PM

I'll bring 2 Tony. No farting tho! :D

AB
28th April 2019, 07:41 PM

I’ll make ya one Tony, why spend 50 bucks on a piece of Chinese plastic when you can have this!!!

https://youtu.be/5-nGa5RRA20

TPC
28th April 2019, 07:51 PM
I’ll make ya one Tony, why spend 50 bucks on a piece of Chinese plastic when you can have this!!!

https://youtu.be/5-nGa5RRA20

Haha, pass

Plasnart
28th April 2019, 07:53 PM

I'll be late to the party though mate, just remembered. Rocking up Saturday afternoon. I'm sure there'll be a sparey for you but I'll bring two just in case.

AB
28th April 2019, 07:57 PM
Haha, pass

We literally have 20 chairs in the hills mate, all sorted!

rusty_nail
29th April 2019, 07:52 PM
MB did I hear you say you had a cool room? I am going to do a whole lamb, because it will all be ready at the same time. Yeeros only cooks as you cut it away and we all know how that went a few years back =)

When I buy the lamb I will take it home and prep it and skewer it but then need to store it somewhere. If you have a cool room great I can do this Thursday and drop it off with the spit frame! Otherwise I will need to pickup and prep it Saturday morning.

Just let me know so I can make arrangements. Cheers mate!

MB
29th April 2019, 08:08 PM
Yeah no problem mate, AB can show you how to switch it on and set temp.

rusty_nail
29th April 2019, 08:34 PM
Great! Have you got a box trailer I can borrow to get the spit box up? Sorry usually the neighbour who is lending it to me has one for it but it's filled with rubbish atm

rusty_nail
30th April 2019, 01:00 PM
Meat ordered. Pickup Friday, will prep it that arvo, and bring everything Friday night. Can't wait. AB Rossco do either of you guys have a trailer I can borrow?

MB
30th April 2019, 01:42 PM
Sorry mate, just ticked thanks and forgot to reply above.
Boys are working in the shed, they can get the tipper trailer out for you to collect spit and can stay on for campfire wood collecting Friday arvo too if you like.

Winnie
30th April 2019, 05:03 PM
Sorry Nicco but if it's not too late we would like to jump in on the roast dinner as well. Just let us know if okay or not and what we owe you/if you want us to bring something to go along.

Winnie
30th April 2019, 05:04 PM
Sorry mate, just ticked thanks and forgot to reply above.
Boys are working in the shed, they can get the tipper trailer out for you to collect spit and can stay on for campfire wood collecting Friday arvo too if you like.

We will be up Friday at some stage and can bring the chainsaw if needed.

rusty_nail
30th April 2019, 06:39 PM
Sorry Nicco but if it's not too late we would like to jump in on the roast dinner as well. Just let us know if okay or not and what we owe you/if you want us to bring something to go along.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkNah sorry mate it's too late! Lol of course you can get in on it.

for everyone's knowledge i'm doing a whole lamb carcass, have ordered one about 15kg. It will be enough for everyone to get a decent bit but not enough for everyone to only eat lamb if you get me? Also, on advice from the neighbour providing the spit, any bigger and the meat will be more like mutton and loose it's sweetness. Also advantage of doing a whole carcass is the meat will be all ready at once rather than carving and cooking and carving and cooking like you need to do with gyros. As for money we can just work something out on the night, probably only end up being about $10-$15 per couple?
MB thanks mate I will come up Thursday night and grab it if it's ok? If time permits I will bring it back in the same night so the trailer is available for the timber as early as possible Friday, does that suit?

Bob
30th April 2019, 07:05 PM
Nah sorry mate it's too late! Lol of course you can get in on it.

for everyone's knowledge i'm doing a whole lamb carcass, have ordered one about 15kg. It will be enough for everyone to get a decent bit but not enough for everyone to only eat lamb if you get me? Also, on advice from the neighbour providing the spit, any bigger and the meat will be more like mutton and loose it's sweetness. Also advantage of doing a whole carcass is the meat will be all ready at once rather than carving and cooking and carving and cooking like you need to do with gyros. As for money we can just work something out on the night, problem only end up being about $10-$15 per couple?
MB thanks mate I will come up Thursday night and grab it if it's ok? If time permits I will bring it back in the same night so the trailer is available for the timber as early as possible Friday, does that suit?

I dont have a Camp Oven anymore but willing to Provide and Cook some spuds if Camp Ovens are available

AB
30th April 2019, 07:17 PM
I dont have a Camp Oven anymore but willing to Provide and Cook some spuds if Camp Ovens are available

I was actually just thinking that!!!

I was planning on making two big salads for us but it’s winter!

If we can get 3 or 4 camp ovens I’ll get pumpkins, spuds, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, Garlic and onion.

I think that’s a better idea!

I can bring one oven, can anyone else help out?

Plasnart
30th April 2019, 08:27 PM

If we can get 3 or 4 camp ovens I’ll get pumpkins, spuds, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, Garlic and onion.

Yep I'll bring my oven.

Any Gwennies making an appearance?

rusty_nail
30th April 2019, 09:01 PM
I can bring an oven too

TPC
30th April 2019, 09:12 PM
Yep I'll bring my oven.

Any Gwennies making an appearance?

A bread oven?

mudski
30th April 2019, 09:24 PM
Nah sorry mate it's too late! Lol of course you can get in on it.

for everyone's knowledge i'm doing a whole lamb carcass, have ordered one about 15kg. It will be enough for everyone to get a decent bit but not enough for everyone to only eat lamb if you get me? Also, on advice from the neighbour providing the spit, any bigger and the meat will be more like mutton and loose it's sweetness. Also advantage of doing a whole carcass is the meat will be all ready at once rather than carving and cooking and carving and cooking like you need to do with gyros. As for money we can just work something out on the night, problem only end up being about $10-$15 per couple?

Awesome work Nic. We'll chip in for sure.

I'll bring my 9qt oven if it helps.

rusty_nail
30th April 2019, 10:01 PM
Can bring my Gwendolyn to if we can use that?

rusty_nail
30th April 2019, 10:10 PM
AB guess what I'm bringing

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/04/219.jpg

AB
30th April 2019, 10:19 PM
AB guess what I'm bringing

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/04/219.jpg

Omfg lol

Ok blokes above if you all can bring your ovens I’ll make it happen!

mudski
1st May 2019, 07:59 AM
Omfg lol

Ok blokes above if you all can bring your ovens I’ll make it happen!

What have those chips and ovens got to do with each other? Im curious.

rusty_nail
1st May 2019, 08:01 AM
What have those chips and ovens got to do with each other? Im curious.Absolutely nothing

mudski
1st May 2019, 01:04 PM
Absolutely nothing

just what I thought. But then I'm thinking its maybe some kind of weird concoction thank AB makes up when he home alone drinking whiskey with nothing but his boggers on. Lol

AB
1st May 2019, 06:53 PM
just what I thought. But then I'm thinking its maybe some kind of weird concoction thank AB makes up when he home alone drinking whiskey with nothing but his boggers on. Lol

Wait until you try them, they are easily in the top 5 tastiest treats you would have eaten!

Cuppa
1st May 2019, 07:04 PM
Have a ripper of a weekend folks. I'd be with you if we were home. As it is I'll just have to imagine the shenannigans & read between the lines of next week's posts. :)

mudski
1st May 2019, 07:34 PM
Wait until you try them, they are easily in the top 5 tastiest treats you would have eaten!

Oh I've had those before. They are teh bomb!

jay see
1st May 2019, 11:30 PM
I've waited until the last minute, but won't be able to make it at all. Was hoping on getting there for a day or night at least, but that's not going to happen. I'll be having a drink or two on Saturday for old mate roofy.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

katwoman
2nd May 2019, 03:37 PM
NO 1 daughter will also be tagging along, and I will supply the 'Roofy' beer for at least one toast.

threedogs
2nd May 2019, 03:53 PM
If any one goes past my place you can pick up my 16" by 3/8th camp oven.
cooks a treat, cant burn anything as it cant get hot enough its a horse of a unit
cook very well, lol

AB
2nd May 2019, 05:08 PM
cooks a treat, cant burn anything as it cant get hot enough its a horse of a unit
cook very well, lol

Bring it down and yourself John :)

rusty_nail
2nd May 2019, 09:11 PM
cook very well, lolX2 mate, what do we have to do to get you there

Baby Daddy
2nd May 2019, 09:49 PM
Hi guys thanks for the invite, not sure if i can come and stay as an overnighter thus far but will be happy to try show face to meet a few of you if work permits.

Will you guys be wheeling or its more of a camping social thing?
Just so i know whether i should come up with stockies 35s or 37s
Cheers
Georgie!

Winnie
2nd May 2019, 09:50 PM
Hi guys thanks for the invite, not sure if i can come and stay as an overnighter thus far but will be happy to try show face to meet a few of you if work permits.

Cheers
Georgie!Nah no drive has been planned, it would be good to catch up

mudski
2nd May 2019, 09:52 PM

Cheers
Georgie!

37's and twin locked Patrols only mate!
No wheeling will be done though. Its purely a meet up and to pay our respects to a well loved member and just enjoy each others company around a fire.

Sprock
2nd May 2019, 09:58 PM
Hi all , remember me ? 😏 works insane & no service all day makes getting on here difficult , at this stage I’ll be there with 1 or 2 of my young blokes , quite possibly in the truck , I’m hoping to do a load to Geelong then come back that way .

Plasnart
2nd May 2019, 09:59 PM
If it can stack up against my xtrail it's welcome!! :D lol

Sprock
2nd May 2019, 10:03 PM
Haha Plasy , it’ll be good to see ya my fellow Mercury slurper 🤪

TPC
2nd May 2019, 10:03 PM
If it can stack up against my xtrail it's welcome!! :D lol

Won't compete with my Nissan Micra rental car.

rusty_nail
2nd May 2019, 10:04 PM
Hi all , remember me ? [emoji57] works insane & no service all day makes getting on here difficult , at this stage I’ll be there with 1 or 2 of my young blokes , quite possibly in the truck , I’m hoping to do a load to Geelong then come back that way .Are you bringing some logs for the bonfire mate? Haha.

AB
2nd May 2019, 10:05 PM
Is anyone staying until Monday or just Sunday for everyone?

Plasnart
2nd May 2019, 10:07 PM
Haha Plasy , it’ll be good to see ya my fellow Mercury slurper 🤪

Ooo yes nothing like a good slug of Mercury Sprocko!!

Plasnart
2nd May 2019, 10:09 PM
Hi all , remember me ? 😏 works insane & no service all day makes getting on here difficult , at this stage I’ll be there with 1 or 2 of my young blokes , quite possibly in the truck , I’m hoping to do a load to Geelong then come back that way .

Are you bringing some logs for the bonfire mate? Haha.

Bringin the truck....hopefully bringin the trailer fully loaded! Bonnie if the century yee haa!!

Winnie
2nd May 2019, 10:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe were planning to stay until Monday

Plasnart
2nd May 2019, 10:17 PM

Sat arvo to sunday for me mate.

rusty_nail
2nd May 2019, 10:18 PM
Friday to Sunday here mate

Sprock
2nd May 2019, 10:18 PM
Haha no sorry, I’m taking pine to Geelong , I’d be to embarrassed to burn that , it’s embarrassing enough to admit in public that I actually cart it #hardwoodcarteratheart

jack
2nd May 2019, 10:42 PM

Was planning to stay till Monday.

Winnie
3rd May 2019, 09:00 AM
Haha no sorry, I’m taking pine to Geelong , I’d be to embarrassed to burn that , it’s embarrassing enough to admit in public that I actually cart it #hardwoodcarteratheartOhhhhh nooooo you're not carting poof wood are you?!

MB
3rd May 2019, 09:04 AM
Suns out and last nights downpour has moved on for now.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/80.jpg
Great day to setup your camps today folks, might pay to pack a tarp or annexe for your vans, it is looking like turning on us again in the wee hours of Saturday morning.
Travel safe, slow and steady wins every time[emoji106][emoji106]

Rossco
3rd May 2019, 01:38 PM
Awesome will pop up later this arvo. . .

Sprock
3rd May 2019, 02:14 PM
Yeah Winston I am - The only difference is I am a hardwood Carter at heart who happens to be carting pine at moment, not a born and bred pine Carter, & yes there is a difference ha ha

Winnie
3rd May 2019, 02:23 PM
Yeah Winston I am - The only difference is I am a hardwood Carter at heart who happens to be carting pine at moment, not a born and bred pine Carter, & yes there is a difference ha haI know mate I am only stirring... Call it poof wood cos you light a match and POOF it's gone!
We are just leaving now so will be there in a couple of hours, see you all soon!

MB
3rd May 2019, 03:17 PM
Just called into Saddle Up on our way back to the Hills. First Akubra’s for us ever. You’ve finally done it Craig Old Mate, the B brothers are wearing real hats you’d approve of [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/81.jpg

rusty_nail
3rd May 2019, 03:58 PM
Do I need to say anything?http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/82.jpg

MB
3rd May 2019, 04:05 PM
Well done mate, top effort Nicko [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

mudski
3rd May 2019, 04:44 PM
Do I need to say anything?

Jeepers! How long would it take to cook something of that size?

rusty_nail
3rd May 2019, 05:09 PM
Jeepers! How long would it take to cook something of that size?Should be about 5 hours mate. You should know that!!!

mudski
3rd May 2019, 05:14 PM
Should be about 5 hours mate. You should know that!!!

I've never cooked anything of that size before...

Maxhead
3rd May 2019, 05:29 PM
Do I need to say anything?http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/82.jpg

Mate, that looks awesome.......
Wish I could be there guys but despite trying my hardest it is just not possible this time around.

rusty_nail
3rd May 2019, 08:17 PM
Pretty great here for all those not. Surrounded by an awesome bunch of people, in an amazing location. From where you wish you werehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/84.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/85.jpg

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2019, 08:30 PM
Pretty great here for all those not. Surrounded by an awesome bunch of people, in an amazing location. From where you wish you werehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/84.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/85.jpg

You Shit me....... :-(

mudski
3rd May 2019, 08:39 PM
^^^^What he said

mudski
3rd May 2019, 08:42 PM

Hey what we doing with the meat? Do I need to bring some turkish bread and taziki? Salads? < That was from the missus...

rusty_nail
3rd May 2019, 08:51 PM
Hey what we doing with the meat? Do I need to bring some turkish bread and taziki? Salads? < That was from the missus...Mate was thinking some rolls would be awesome

Plasnart
3rd May 2019, 09:02 PM
I'll third that! Can't wait to see you folks tomorrow!

Plasnart
3rd May 2019, 09:04 PM
You Shit me....... :-(

^^^^What he said

I'll third that! Can't wait to see you folks tomorrow!

mudski
3rd May 2019, 10:55 PM
Mate was thinking some rolls would be awesome

Sweet. I'll drop past Costco tomorrow and see what I can get.

AB
4th May 2019, 07:26 AM
First one up, beautiful morning folks, fire is toasty warm!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/87.jpg

lucus30
4th May 2019, 07:55 AM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy view from my swag http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/88.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hodge
4th May 2019, 08:51 AM
Will see you good folks in several hours !!

mudski
4th May 2019, 10:59 AM
Enough rolls? 108 of them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/89.jpg

rusty_nail
4th May 2019, 03:41 PM
Coming along nicelyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/90.jpg

Rossco
4th May 2019, 04:17 PM
Ooh yum. .

Fires nearly ready. .http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/91.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/92.jpg

PeeBee
4th May 2019, 05:36 PM
Fingers crossed for you all regards the weather, looks a little 'impending' - sorry hope that not an early jinx.

pearcey
4th May 2019, 07:24 PM
So sorry I can not be there.

Cheers and Beers to a great bloke

RIP mate.

katwoman
4th May 2019, 11:12 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/93.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/94.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/95.jpg
The lamb was beautiful. Thanks nick.

katwoman
4th May 2019, 11:18 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/96.jpg

Mocha thought the joke was hilarious [emoji23]

Rossco
5th May 2019, 12:02 AM
. . .http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/97.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/98.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/99.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/100.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/101.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/102.jpg

MB
5th May 2019, 05:49 AM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/103.jpg

MB
5th May 2019, 06:00 AM
Beautiful work Chef - Nicko Mate!
Succulent delicious goodness for all [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Bubble & Squeak time [emoji91]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/104.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/105.jpg

MudRunnerTD
5th May 2019, 09:58 AM
This is living

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/106.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Plasnart
5th May 2019, 03:02 PM
Home safely from a brilliant night with the crew. Thanks to everyone there for being such a top bunch, had a ball! Will post some pics when I'm feeling a little better!

rusty_nail
5th May 2019, 03:17 PM
Same here, what an amazing bunch of guys. So privileged to call you all my mates. Cheers guys!

TPC
5th May 2019, 03:33 PM
Really had a great weekend with some great friendly people and that Lamb was the best I have had.
Stuck at the airport now, flight delayed by 3 hours.

Rossco
5th May 2019, 04:27 PM
Yep another great night a wicked bunch & spot. . .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/109.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/110.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/111.jpg

Bob
5th May 2019, 04:36 PM
New Forum Member RUBY

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/112.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/113.jpg

lucus30
5th May 2019, 06:02 PM
Yep another great night a wicked bunch & spot. . .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/109.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/110.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkAh the big chair did make an appearance. Was lots of talk about it before I left

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bob
5th May 2019, 07:24 PM
Just a few thanks for the weekend:
Roofy for being Roofy and his mateship RIP Mate from us all
Nick (rusty_nail) for a fantastic Rotisserie Roast Lamb. One of the best I have tasted
Mark (MB) for hosting this at his Property
Jane for the Trifle and snot blocks
Andy (Ab) for starting this forum which has bought together a great lot of Guys & Gals

TPC
5th May 2019, 08:12 PM
Finally home, would have been quicker to drive.

matfew
5th May 2019, 08:51 PM
Yes thanks to all those above to. I really enjoy these events. We go some deep dark places once intoxicated haha but it's awesome. Such a great mix of people to I reckon in normal life just wouldn't mix. But is great to have this forum to bring us together.

It was great to see some faces we haven't for a while. Great to get to know some other members a bit better to.

Now back to normal life. Stunning but if real estate that spot is @MB. Love it.
AB huge credit this forum is to you. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/114.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/115.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/116.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/117.jpg

mudnut
5th May 2019, 09:54 PM
Back, home safe'n'sound. Thank you to all for having us there. Apart from the periodical migrations to get under cover, we had a fantastic time. No better way to remember a great man.

Sprock
5th May 2019, 10:07 PM
Yep a ripper night & a fitting tribute to a great man - Roofy old mate I only wish I’d known you longer but it was a priveldge for the short time I did , I popped a few more Jagër cherries - JANE O ! , Jack & Hodge , awesome night regardless of the weather . Plasnart hope your drive back to Canberra was a safe 1 haha , Rossco & the ‘teak toilet seat’ my god man 🤣 funny night 👍🏻👍🏻 jane o for THE best vanilla slice I have ever had the priveldge of eating - 7 pieces to be exact haha

MB
6th May 2019, 09:21 AM
Y’all come again now ya hear, welcome anytime.
Great weekend, beautiful tributes given by many for Craig[emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks for all your top efforts, paddocks are immaculate and beasts are ready to be released again out there, appreciated!

Plasnart
6th May 2019, 10:42 AM
Great memories! You're all a bunch of absolute champions!

Hodge
6th May 2019, 11:51 AM
Folks, what can I say, fantastic weekend was had in honor of our friend Roofy. I won't repeat individual thank yous, because Bob & others have nailed that part to a tee!
I honestly feel very grateful and privileged to be a part of such great people. So, thank you all!

AB
6th May 2019, 07:42 PM
I believe Jane had a great time, it was a bit emotional on that Saturday night making the speech but it was soon changed to comedy and fun stories about our old mate so thank you all for coming folks!

As everyone has said above, a terrific weekend, ou rmeet ups just keep getting better, looking forward to the annual snow trip at Licola, bring it on folks!

mudski
6th May 2019, 08:58 PM
It was fantastic to catch up with Jane-O and meet her new companion. That dog is cutest little thing. Catching up with everyone always makes for a special time. I'm quite embarrassed however about the amount I drank to be honest, and for my inebriated shenanigans, you good people didn't need to see this. Apologies to everyone. And a big thank you to the people who looked after me.
Other than that, the location was great, the company perfect, the weather was nice for most of it. The meat that Nic took the time to prepare, amazing, those rolls I got from Costco, yeah umm, different. Not getting those again.

Love ya Sir Roofy!

TPC
6th May 2019, 09:48 PM
It was fantastic to catch up with Jane-O and meet her new companion. That dog is cutest little thing. Catching up with everyone always makes for a special time. I'm quite embarrassed however about the amount I drank to be honest, and for my inebriated shenanigans, you good people didn't need to see this. Apologies to everyone. And a big thank you to the people who looked after me.
Other than that, the location was great, the company perfect, the weather was nice for most of it. The meat that Nic took the time to prepare, amazing, those rolls I got from Costco, yeah umm, different. Not getting those again.

Love ya Sir Roofy!

Were you inebriated? I was to drunk to notice.

Plasnart
6th May 2019, 09:50 PM

Love ya Sir Roofy!

Embarrassed about what? For doing something nearly all of us have done before? You had a drink. You fell over. These things happen and your mates will pick you up.

Hodge
7th May 2019, 07:38 AM

Love ya Sir Roofy!Fark mate. Don't know what you're talking about.
You still walked around under your own steam.
You were happy , still laughing at sprocks shenanigans. Lol. Isn't that what it's all about .
And you were amongst people that cared.

AB
7th May 2019, 07:43 AM
I was a little shocked to be honest Mudski, I would never do anything like that myself bahahaha.

MudRunnerTD
7th May 2019, 08:42 AM
I was a little shocked to be honest Mudski, I would never do anything like that myself bahahaha.

Wait? Hmmm ...... i have got photos somewhere...

pearcey
7th May 2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks to all for the great photos and reports, was a shame I was unable to make it.But I did toast our old mate and good friend on Saturday night with a very fine scotch.
Now bugga me I went back through a couple of post on here and found that, a post I sent a couple of days ago had a thank you from SIR ROOFY. Now how did he do that? So folks he may be just keeping an eye on us, so be very, very carefull.

Bidja
7th May 2019, 10:26 AM
As the good man said:

they are a good bunch, just like a community.

Forum, again lending a hand in a thoughtful way, sure Graig be proud and grateful.

Was not down there to hear more of the good bloke, but thoughts were certainly along side.
All the best.

jack
7th May 2019, 11:14 AM
Another great meetup, I'm sure Roofy was looking down and smiling.

Heaps of people to thank as always (not in any particular order):

Mark & Lou for their hospitality (again) in making their property available (also the venison kranskys).
Andy for starting this forum and organising the meetup.
Nick for his Master Chef skills, lamb was delicious.
Sprock for his Jägerbombs, 'spam' on a spit, and 'short' stories - need I go on!.
Roofy for the loan of his exhaust jack - thanks again Jane
Everyone else who I haven't mentioned for attending and making it such a fitting sendoff.

Pictures later - now back to looking for Professor Sprock on Youtube

Plasnart
7th May 2019, 11:36 AM
Another great meetup, I'm sure Roofy was looking down and smiling.

Heaps of people to thank as always (not in any particular order):

Mark & Lou for their hospitality (again) in making their property available (also the venison kranskys).
Andy for starting this forum and organising the meetup.
Nick for his Master Chef skills, lamb was delicious.
Sprock for his Jägerbombs, 'spam' on a spit, and 'short' stories - need I go on!.
Roofy for the loan of his exhaust jack - thanks again Jane
Everyone else who I haven't mentioned for attending and making it such a fitting sendoff.

Pictures later - now back to looking for Professor Sprock on Youtube

Here's the professor at his best mate!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/cfmeu-protesters-converge-to-blast-government/c3573398-c245-4e2b-b99a-eae2f6fc7758

Sir Roofy
7th May 2019, 03:02 PM
Well Ruby and I had a great weekend. Craigie was always saying what a great group of people were on this forum and this weekend showed it. I have had some pretty dark days lately and I miss him desperately but seeing everyone having fun was just what I needed. It was the perfect send off . I also got to prove that I can be just as naughty as him!!! Thank you everyone and really hope to see you at Licola.

lucus30
7th May 2019, 09:35 PM

Love ya Sir Roofy!

Ha Ha spewing i missed it. Don't worry though was a mess Saturday worse id been in a long time.

Winnie
7th May 2019, 09:51 PM
At least you woke up in much better condition than me Mudski!

Sprock
7th May 2019, 10:31 PM
I was glad to be a part of it Jane & glad you enjoyed yourself, Hahahaha Plasy that’s the news story I was talking about - I was literally shittin bullets there , you see me take a deep breath at the end haha .

Plasnart
7th May 2019, 10:45 PM
I was glad to be a part of it Jane & glad you enjoyed yourself, Hahahaha Plasy that’s the news story I was talking about - I was literally shittin bullets there , you see me take a deep breath at the end haha .

You did an amazing job Prof. You were fighting for your livelihood but also knew the argument against, and you put them both up in a balanced and convincing manner. You said your bit extremely intelligently mate.

jack
7th May 2019, 11:24 PM
You did an amazing job Prof. You were fighting for your livelihood but also knew the argument against, and you put them both up in a balanced and convincing manner. You said your bit extremely intelligently mate.

Agreed, he sounded very ‘professorish’.

Hodge
8th May 2019, 08:22 AM
.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/126.jpg

Plasnart
8th May 2019, 10:09 AM
.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/126.jpg

Oh god Akubra with old motorbike jacket. I gotta have a word with my wardrobe dept. Fashion icon I am not! :D

Rossco
8th May 2019, 05:03 PM
Oh god Akubra with old motorbike jacket. I gotta have a word with my wardrobe dept. Fashion icon I am not! :DBeg to differ what about high vis and a gnomb hat . . .http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/127.jpg

jack
9th May 2019, 10:50 PM
Belated Photo bomb.....

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/128.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46894004715_a5024b067f_c.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/129.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/130.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/131.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/132.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47810381431_98155f2f03_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47020998764_12c4bd652d_c.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/133.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/134.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40844002603_7e36aed448_c.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/135.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/136.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/137.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/138.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/139.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/05/140.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47810387181_a3a914d748_c.jpg

rusty_nail
9th May 2019, 10:54 PM
Thanks Plasnart those photos are awesome except for the ones of me lol, they are average. Still the meat was awesome

BigRAWesty
10th May 2019, 07:03 PM
Looks like it was a ripper night and im not happy I couldn't make it.
Gone but never forgotten.
RIP Roofy.

TPC
10th May 2019, 09:08 PM
Looks like it was a ripper night and im not happy I couldn't make it.
Gone but never forgotten.
RIP Roofy.

You missed a great weekend Kallen