PDA

View Full Version : BlownGQ

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 07:46 PM
Here's a few pics from around the first 2 weeks of ownership till now.

About 7 years ago I got TuffTD42. Was 1 owner 100% original in & out TI Patrol. Never had a bull bar or even a towbar fitted until I acquired it. This pic was about the 2nd week of owner ship I had fitted the Safari snorkel.

NissanGQ4.2
1st June 2011, 07:51 PM
nice......like the size of the shed 2! wish i had a shed that big :)

NissanGQ4.2
1st June 2011, 07:54 PM
You don't happen 2 know a guy named Matthew Shearim, that lives out around Orange way???

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 07:58 PM
Don't no Matt. On my screen there is no pics didn't think they uploaded.

katwoman
1st June 2011, 08:00 PM
Don't no Matt. On my screen there is no pics didn't think they uploaded.

It was there, now has question mark and something about connection error.

growler2058
1st June 2011, 08:00 PM
No piccies here either

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 08:03 PM
Nothing here either mate

growler2058
1st June 2011, 08:04 PM
Gottit now

katwoman
1st June 2011, 08:05 PM
I've got 2 of 3. I love that colour scheme.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:10 PM
Then within 4 weeks of ownership went to this 3" lift, white sunny's, 33" BFG muddy's,ARB winch bar,rally 2000's,uhf,cd player. It stayed like that for approx the next 5 years. These pics were taken not long before the next version of it evolved as the winch was fitted just before this.

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 08:13 PM
Very nice, I want the shed as well!!!!
Ohh yeah the truck looks like beaut!

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:16 PM
Believe it or not I need a bigger shed. Maybe one day when I can stop spending money on the Patrol.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:27 PM
It then got the warn 9000lb winch & front ARB air locker. Then I got the bling bug & fitted a set of Mickey Thompson alloys & gave it a 3 stage cut & polish. It might not look it in the pics but jeez it looked like a show car not a dent or mark on it unlike now.:(

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:35 PM
Next was the 4.5" lift. Rally 4000's & a dent in the quarter.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:42 PM
6" lift & 35's.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 08:54 PM
& as it stands now with its most recent changes. The black sunny's, the Garret bb Turbo & 3" exhaust. Oh yea a lot of bush pin stripes & pretty much a dent in every panel.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 09:02 PM
Oh yea Todd. My missus just informed me that we do know Matt. He lives just up the rd from us. His daughter go's to school with our kids. His missus Joe is a copper? If we have the same Matt.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 09:27 PM
So for those that are interested the list of mods follows as it is now

6" tough dog lift, coils,shocks,pan hard rods,10mm gearbox packer,steering dampner
Snake drop arms & rock rod tie rod
3rd's adj drag link & upper rear H/D adj control arms, H/D standard length lower arms
ARB front air locker
Billet racing diff & gearbox breather kit
Braided ext brake lines
brake bias bracket
slotted rotors
35" bighorns
ROH 15x8 black tracs
Garret bb turbo 18 psi & 3" exh
ARB winch bar 9000lb warn winch
rally 4000 pencils
halogen headlight up grade 55/100
safari snorkel
Autometer boost & egt gauges
luisi sports steering wheel
uhf
cd player
in cab winch control
various kill switches
& engineers cert.

There's prob more I'll edit it as I remember

cheers Jono.

AB
1st June 2011, 09:54 PM
lots of extras now mate...I like seeing stock to now build threads...Nice work!

NissanGQ4.2
1st June 2011, 09:59 PM
Oh yea Todd. My missus just informed me that we do know Matt. He lives just up the rd from us. His daughter go's to school with our kids. His missus Joe is a copper? If we have the same Matt.

That would be the Matt I know, I use 2 go 2 School with both of them, I haven't seen them both in 10years or so, but still chat 2 Matt every now and then. If you bump into him Tell him i said Hi, and I'm coming 2 steal his firewood *L*

Nice list
How do you find the slotted rotors?????

Guessing if u live down the road, u must be on some nice acres 2, lucky u

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 10:05 PM
That would be the Matt I know, I use 2 go 2 School with both of them, I haven't seen them both in 10years or so, but still chat 2 Matt every now and then. If you bump into him Tell him i said Hi, and I'm coming 2 steal his firewood *L*

Nice list
How do you find the slotted rotors?????

Guessing if u live down the road, u must be on some nice acres 2, lucky u

Yea got 3 acres more than enough to keep me busy. Matt own's the local gun shop here in town. I done some work on matts house a while back nice place. I knew Joe's maiden name from when I got arrested once, but didn't know her married name that's why I didn't click when you first asked.

The slotted rotors gave it a little better braking & haven't caused any dramas in the mud or the like.

TuffTD42
1st June 2011, 10:10 PM
lots of extras now mate...I like seeing stock to now build threads...Nice work!

Thanks AB. Yea it's come a long way. I'm getting a rear Detroit locker in next week so see how that go's. Probably get myself into more strife & more dents lol.....

NissanGQ4.2
1st June 2011, 10:10 PM
Yea got 3 acres more than enough to keep me busy. Matt own's the local gun shop here in town.

The slotted rotors gave it a little better braking & haven't caused any dramas in the mud or the like.

Owns the shop, thought he just worked there *L* yeh Matt loves his guns, always seeing pics of his kills *L* better stop hijacking you build thread, sorry bout that. Thanks for your opinion on the rotors, I need 2 get some shortly so will go with the slotted :)

Bob
2nd June 2011, 08:07 AM
thanks for sharing your pics. looks the goods

TuffTD42
3rd June 2011, 05:56 PM
thanks for sharing your pics. looks the goods

thanks Bob.

YNOT
3rd June 2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks AB. Yea it's come a long way. I'm getting a rear Detroit locker in next week so see how that go's. Probably get myself into more strife & more dents lol.....

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of what the car is like to drive with the rear detroit locker.
Is it a special order detroit locker, the Patrol rear detroit has not been a off the shelf part for a few years.

Tony

TuffTD42
3rd June 2011, 07:18 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of what the car is like to drive with the rear detroit locker.
Is it a special order detroit locker, the Patrol rear detroit has not been a off the shelf part for a few years.

Tony

Harrop re-spline front Detroit's to go into the back so they tell me. I searched around & found an actual rear Detroit old stock but is costing me more than it should. I'm not keen on having the air locker in the back as it always has to be on to get any where other wise it's just an open diff & i find it useless unless locked. I'll let you's know what I think of it & if it turns out for the worst then i'll stick the air in the rear. I was thinking about the E-locker but a mate was at tuff truck & he tells me every one that had problems with lockers was running the E-locker. Apparently the metal filings in the diff's were sticking to the magnets reducing there effect to engage the locker properly.

Clunk
3rd June 2011, 07:22 PM
that certainly has turned in to quite a beast mate........... bloomin lovely stuff, oh and my house will fit in that shed!!!!! hahahahaha

TuffTD42
3rd June 2011, 08:42 PM
that certainly has turned in to quite a beast mate........... bloomin lovely stuff, oh and my house will fit in that shed!!!!! hahahahaha

lol clunk, yea my shed is pretty much the same size as my house.

TuffTD42
21st June 2011, 06:19 PM
Fitted up some new recovery points to the front end & fixed up the in-cab winch control over the w/end.

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 06:24 PM
Fitted up some new recovery points to the front end & fixed up the in-cab winch control over the w/end.

Looking very space shuttle discovery mate!! lol ... good job!!

Russell1974
21st June 2011, 06:31 PM
U doin a good job there like ur dash set up

TuffTD42
21st June 2011, 06:55 PM
Looking very space shuttle discovery mate!! lol ... good job!!

Always wanted to be a fighter pilot

U doin a good job there like ur dash set up

cheers rus.

TuffTD42
25th June 2011, 04:27 PM
Fitted up the new superior comp spec 4140 tie-rod & drag-link today. much better than the snake one. Wasn't to happy with the snake racing rock rod. couldn't get grease into the tie-rod ends & the finish on the coating was cr@p. the rust was coming thru the day I opened it.

TuffTD42
17th August 2011, 07:11 PM
Thought I'd put up some pics of my previous patrols.

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2011, 07:17 PM
Any stories mate 2 as why you got rid of each one????

TuffTD42
17th August 2011, 07:44 PM
Ay Todd. The black & silver was a N/A TD42 91 Ti. I bought it in 2000 paid $24000 for it. Was 1 owner & genuine 89,000 kays. Wish I still had it. Sold it as it only had to look at biddy bush & it would get the bush pin stripes.(Blacks prob not the best colour for a 4wd).After about 6 months of casual 4wding I hired a buff & buffed it back to pristine again. Then sold it as it was to good to take out.

Soon after Bought the silver mavey swb petrol $10,000. Had fun in it but geez it was thirsty. Sold it because of the fuel usage.

Had a spell from 4wds & got an ed xr8 family hack & built up my xd into a 500hp street strip car.

12 months later bought the red swb. It was a N/A TD42 loved it to. Only sold it to make way for my current GQ which I've had for over 7 years now.

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2011, 07:56 PM
thanks 4 the stories 2 go with the 4b's, yeh i bought my TI 2nd hand, cost me close 2 30g, bought it about a year before the price of 4'bs dropped 2 next 2 nothing :(

Only lasted a few months before it got bushed bashed :)

YNOT
25th August 2011, 06:52 PM
& as it stands now with its most recent changes. The black sunny's, the Garret bb Turbo & 3" exhaust. Oh yea a lot of bush pin stripes & pretty much a dent in every panel.

What are the turbo specs and what manifold are you using? How do you find the performance with that set up on it?

Tony

TuffTD42
27th March 2016, 04:56 PM
Grave dig. An update on the GQ. It died in Jan 2015. Bought the GU in July 2015. Transfered some gear & wrecked the GQ out. Was a sad day to see it finally go but needed to move on.

NissanGQ4.2
27th March 2016, 05:49 PM
Grave dig. An update on the GQ. It died in Jan 2015. Bought the GU in July 2015. Transfered some gear & wrecked the GQ out. Was a sad day to see it finally go but needed to move on.

And I bet is still a sad day as the GQ is fair superior then the GU *L*

TuffTD42
27th January 2017, 09:45 PM
Update on the GU. I seperated with the wife & left Orange, I am now living in Brisbane. Sold the GU so I am currently Patrol less. Once I sort out the settlement I'll be looking for a another GQ, this time a ute. Once this happens I'll start a build thread on it.

Ben-e-boy
27th January 2017, 10:31 PM
Update on the GU. I seperated with the wife & left Orange, I am now living in Brisbane. Sold the GU so I am currently Patrol less. Once I sort out the settlement I'll be looking for a another GQ, this time a ute. Once this happens I'll start a build thread on it.

Then you can come for a wheel at the glasshouse :)

Avo
27th January 2017, 10:39 PM

bring on the ute thread mate,been through the washer of late by the sounds of it,be good to see ya next car and build thread

TuffTD42
3rd February 2017, 03:51 PM
Cheers guys. Yep glassy is on the list & once I find a decent ute I'll be back.

TuffTD42
24th October 2018, 09:08 AM
Well it’s been a yr & 8 months since my last post & has taken me that long to find a suitable Patrol. Guess I’m a little to fussy lol!
Not a Ute but it got to the point where the first decent vehicle with a reasonable price tag would do! So here it is, 94 GQ RX TD42. It’s a one owner in pretty good nick with 254xxx Kay’s. I’ll start a build thread on this shortly.

Rossco
24th October 2018, 09:20 AM
She's a beautie mate looking forward to seeing how you work your magic with this one. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
24th October 2018, 07:29 PM
Noice very noice , have the same year model in auto .