PDA

View Full Version : Lazy heater not keeping me warm!

HippoNZ
1st June 2011, 08:43 AM
Hi guys

It's getting cold in the morning here now with the labourous task of getting the frost of the truck in the mornings freezing my nuts off! lol

Question, My heaters dont have much guts to them nor do they have any heat worth mentioning. Was wondering if someone here could tell me where to start to fix this problem.

Cheers in advance

Brett

Bigrig
1st June 2011, 09:04 AM
Hi guys

It's getting cold in the morning here now with the labourous task of getting the frost of the truck in the mornings freezing my nuts off! lol

Question, My heaters dont have much guts to them nor do they have any heat worth mentioning. Was wondering if someone here could tell me where to start to fix this problem.

Cheers in advance

Brett

Is the ducting connected? I know it's a simple one, but start from there - check for splits etc also. Second simple one - is the actual heater switch working? It might be going into place, but broken in behind and not opening/closing the pipe?

That's all I have mate - useless hey?? LOL

04OFF
1st June 2011, 10:10 AM
Check the temp of the hoses before the heater tap and also after, (assuming you have one), if there is a big difference its most likley not opening properly or the heater core is blocked, you can test for blockage with a garden hose if you run water through the core only (bypassing heater tap).

Also check how hot your radiator hoses are, you may have a faulty thermostat, stuck open it will not allow the engine to reach full running temp, even worse it may have been removed ?

If the pipes directly both sides of the heater core are as Hot as the engine hoses, check for leaves blocking core fins, as well as heater fan output, make sure fresh air/recirculate flap is working/closing, and as Scotty said vents/pipework.

HippoNZ
1st June 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys, a good place to start. Never played witht the heater before so where are the heater hoses and heater core and also the heater tap? This is new grounds for me.