PDA

View Full Version : 80 Channel UHF CB Launch

UHFCB
31st May 2011, 12:22 AM
The ACMA and UHF CB Australia today confirmed that the new UHF CB radio class licence is now officially in force meaning that UHF CB radio operators now have access to the newly revised 80 channel allocation

To find out more about the new 80 channel UHF CB allocation visit www.uhfcb.com.au (http://www.uhfcb.com.au)

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 08:32 AM
Interesting - thanks for the info, but are you trying to sell head units etc, or just part of a body spreading the word??

YNOT
31st May 2011, 12:02 PM
Interesting - thanks for the info, but are you trying to sell head units etc, or just part of a body spreading the word??

Looking at the link provided I think he/she is just spreading the word. While there is information and comparisons about various head units on the site is not sales based. It looks like an interesting website.

Tony

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 08:51 PM
Hey, Can anyone confirm or deny if the GME TX3420 will be able to rx and tx on the split frequencies (12.5khz) 80ch

EDIT:
The TX3100 and TX3340 will be User upgradeable, while the TX3220, TX3420 and TX3440 will be Dealer upgradeable.

User Upgradeable
Your GME user upgradeable radio is capable of being upgraded to the new 80 channel narrowband plan by entering a code. This code will be a series of button presses which once entered correctly will upgrade your radio from the current 40 channel wideband plan to the new 80 channel narrowband plan. If the code is entered incorrectly simply turn the radio off and back on and re-enter the correct code.
The code will be released on this page of the GME website once the new class licence comes into effect. Please revisit this page of our website at this time to access the upgrade code.
Dealer Upgradeable
Your dealer upgradeable radio can be returned to GME or selected retailers for a free upgrade once the new 80 channel class licence comes into effect. At the time of the release of the class license if you would like to be directed to a dealer in your area who will carry out the upgrade please contact your local GME branch.
*It is important to note the following fact about the new 80 channel narrowband radio standard.
As with the older 40 channel plan, some channels are reserved for telemetry data only. There are also three channels reserved for future use. In summary :-
• There are 75 voice channels
• Channels 22 and 23 are reserved for telemetry and telecommand. Voice transmission is prohibited on
these channels.
• Channel 61, 62 and 63 are reserved for future use. GME radios can receive on these channels however voice
and data transmission is inhibited at this point in time.
• There are 16 Duplex channels 1 to 8 (31 to 38) and 41 to 48 (71 to 78).
• Channel 5 (+Duplex 35) remains the emergency channel.
GME upgradeable radios will continue to operate in full 25KHz wideband until the upgrade is performed. The radio will then operate in narrowband.

katwoman
1st June 2011, 09:08 PM
Hey, Can anyone confirm or deny if the GME TX3420 will be able to rx and tx on the split frequencies (12.5khz) 80ch

EDIT:
The TX3100 and TX3340 will be User upgradeable, while the TX3220, TX3420 and TX3440 will be Dealer upgradeable.

User Upgradeable
Your GME user upgradeable radio is capable of being upgraded to the new 80 channel narrowband plan by entering a code. This code will be a series of button presses which once entered correctly will upgrade your radio from the current 40 channel wideband plan to the new 80 channel narrowband plan. If the code is entered incorrectly simply turn the radio off and back on and re-enter the correct code.
The code will be released on this page of the GME website once the new class licence comes into effect. Please revisit this page of our website at this time to access the upgrade code.
Dealer Upgradeable
Your dealer upgradeable radio can be returned to GME or selected retailers for a free upgrade once the new 80 channel class licence comes into effect. At the time of the release of the class license if you would like to be directed to a dealer in your area who will carry out the upgrade please contact your local GME branch.
*It is important to note the following fact about the new 80 channel narrowband radio standard.
As with the older 40 channel plan, some channels are reserved for telemetry data only. There are also three channels reserved for future use. In summary :-
• Channels 22 and 23 are reserved for telemetry and telecommand. Voice transmission is prohibited on
these channels.
• Channel 61, 62 and 63 are reserved for future use. GME radios can receive on these channels however voice
GME upgradeable radios will continue to operate in full 25KHz wideband until the upgrade is performed. The radio will then operate in narrowband.

Did you get this from the above site ?? Ive got the tx3100

YNOT
1st June 2011, 09:13 PM

Check here Kat; http://www.gme.net.au/news/2011/05/31/80-channel-upgrade-instructions/32

Tony

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 09:13 PM

I also checked the GME site and the 3100 is 80 channel compatible

http://www.gme.net.au/products/radio-communications/uhf-477mhz-cb-radios/TX3100

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 09:15 PM
Tony beat me to it...
Thanks for the info mate

katwoman
1st June 2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks Guys.. I'll give it a go in the morning before I go get Roofy out of bed !!

Maxhead
1st June 2011, 09:20 PM
Also those who have the dealer upgradeable GME radios can have it upgraded for free from their local dealer:

Dealer Upgradable

If your GME 40 channel UHF radio is listed as Dealer Upgradable, please contact your local GME CB
radio distributor or your local GME branch office to arrange for it to be upgraded. The dealer upgrade
service is performed free of charge.
*Please note the following facts regarding the 80 Channel Standard.
There are 75 voice channels.
Channels 22 and 23 are reserved for telemetry and telecommand, channel 61, 62 and 63 are reserved for future use. This radio can receive on these channels however voice transmission is inhibited.

the evil twin
2nd June 2011, 10:57 AM

EDIT:

User Upgradeable
Dealer Upgradeable
these channels.

Hi Nisspat,

I thought I had posted up details a while back but may have been another Forum

If you have a 3420 made prior to last November it cannot be upgraded for 80 Channels so in a nutshell if the GME Radio is more than about 6 months old you are probably stuck with 40 Channels.

Only the sets made since approx Nov 2010 can be upgraded. Here is the link to the Models and Manuf dates by serial number ranges which can be upgraded...
http://www.gme.net.au/news/2011/05/31/80-channel-upgrade-instructions/32

All models with serial number prefix’s 011 (November 2010) or earlier as well as TX4400 and TX4600 models with serial number prefix’s 101 (January 2011) or earlier are unfortunately not able to be
upgraded to 80 channel narrow band operation.

katwoman
7th June 2011, 07:14 AM
has anyone tried this yet ?
I tried it 4 times the other day, and wouldn't work....
Im thinkin it may be a november model... Bugger and damnation

the evil twin
7th June 2011, 11:48 AM
has anyone tried this yet ?
I tried it 4 times the other day, and wouldn't work....
Im thinkin it may be a november model... Bugger and damnation

When did you buy it?

Timbo
7th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Damn it, I have a Sundowner CB!

More upgrades!

katwoman
7th June 2011, 06:20 PM
When did you buy it?
Was from Santa, so not sure.. Cant check it till I get home in two weeks..
Will sort it then.

Maxhead
7th June 2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Nisspat,

I thought I had posted up details a while back but may have been another Forum

If you have a 3420 made prior to last November it cannot be upgraded for 80 Channels so in a nutshell if the GME Radio is more than about 6 months old you are probably stuck with 40 Channels.

Only the sets made since approx Nov 2010 can be upgraded. Here is the link to the Models and Manuf dates by serial number ranges which can be upgraded...
http://www.gme.net.au/news/2011/05/31/80-channel-upgrade-instructions/32

All models with serial number prefix’s 011 (November 2010) or earlier as well as TX4400 and TX4600 models with serial number prefix’s 101 (January 2011) or earlier are unfortunately not able to be
upgraded to 80 channel narrow band operation.

Yeah I thought you posted it before as well mate.

I checked mine today and unfortunately it was made pre Nov '10 :(
..Ohhh well. I suppose 40 channels will have to do me for now.

Xntric
19th January 2012, 01:09 PM
Looking at buying a GME tx3100 bundle with the 6.6db antenna from Ebay, is there anything i should look out for.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GME-80-CH-TX3100-UHF-CB-RADIO-5W-AE4012K1-S-S-ANTENNA-PACK-NEW-4WD-CARS-TRUCKS-/160688778538?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item2569cc2d2a

Bogus
23rd January 2012, 04:47 PM
I've heard analog will be phased out with digital.... Is there any truth to this and when?

Cowboy
23rd January 2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry Peeps, but get ova it, will ya.
Who in their right mind currently uses ALL 40 current channels??
So what the hell ya gonna do with 80... such a gimick.... and an extra expence you don't need to have somethink you don't use..hehe
Bugga, I'm a "Shite Stirrer" hehe

BUT seriously, whats all the hype about.
We use uhf on 40 only for the truckies for when we have the van on, and on 18 for our volunteer work, but other than that, it sits in the cars and house collecting dust..hehe
Ok, is someone sending me to the Naughty Corner???

Cheers

Silver
23rd January 2012, 10:27 PM
Hey Cowboy - I only upgraded to an 80ch because the in vehicle unit I had, died.

I still have some cheap, and one expensive, non upgradeable handheld, and I won't be throwing them out any time soon.

The real reason for my reply is, we also use UHF in convoy work, recoveries, and to coordinate multiple parties while shooting. As long as everyone has something compatible, I'm on the same page as you - use what ya got until it dies.

Now the Naughty corner sounds like fun, I'll join you there as long as there is something comfortable to sit on, and my scotch on the rocks is close to hand :-)

Cowboy
24th January 2012, 09:08 PM
Hey Silver,
You a real Trol, mate...hehe
Scotchin' and Trollin' are the ultimate....
Mate, if you follow me to the Naughty Corner, then that means your in as much trouble as i am for opening my big mouth..lol.
But, hey, Lifes short, so don't hold back.

Bugga, I can feel someone is a watchin' me..

Cheers

Silver
24th January 2012, 10:38 PM
So far, Rick, so good!!

from the other Rick