PDA

View Full Version : 88 Ford Maverick - exhaust manifold - which wreckers or sites to go to

Knightmayre
2nd February 2019, 05:42 PM
I don't know where to start- My poor wagon has had $1700 worth of work done on it in the last 5 months by one of the PO's.
Some of it are truly bizarre, like a $500 reco carby.

I know I need some stuff to get her closer to RWC, for example exhaust...
My exhaust manifold is cracked, it's held together by some alien gloop and my muffler has split its sides from laughing.
So I would like ask for opinions on exhausts and also shops too.

I'm in the Tullamarine, Melb area

Cheers
Dave

PeeBee
2nd February 2019, 05:59 PM
You could try Patrol a Part or maybe consider a set of headers/extractors if you are looking at further work on the exhaust? I think it might be worthwhile giving it a reasonable birthday and sorting out one problem area at a time, and one that is certainly on the RWC hitlist.

Knightmayre
3rd February 2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info, I have sent them an email to see what they have.

mudnut
3rd February 2019, 01:36 PM
After trying a few times to repair or replace the manifold I went for headers. As a bonus it got rid of the join, picked up a few extra ponies and better economy. Some insurance companies require that you inform them of any mods though. While you are at it, replace the studs as the originals have a tendency to crack.

Knightmayre
6th February 2019, 03:15 PM
I've had a look at the headers and can't really afford them right now, so will go with Patrolapart...
Thanks for the heads up.

garett
6th February 2019, 09:26 PM
I picked up a 2nd hand set of extractors cost me 50 bucks, if you have the time they do come up for sale every so often

Knightmayre
10th February 2019, 11:52 AM
Time I have plenty of, money I don't. :(