PDA

View Full Version : Zexel pump leak

CMJV
24th January 2019, 01:57 AM
Hi folks, new to forum, looking for some info on pump strip in situ looks like leaking from top casing joint can I do it in situ and what’s the process,ie any thing going to fall out or line up issues etc? Any info appreciated.CV

GQtdauto
24th January 2019, 09:08 AM
Hi folks, new to forum, looking for some info on pump strip in situ looks like leaking from top casing joint can I do it in situ and what’s the process,ie any thing going to fall out or line up issues etc? Any info appreciated.CV

Yes there are a few issues exactly as you suspect , there is a thread on here somewhere with photos from when I did mine but it's something I wouldn't do if your low on patience .
Two hardest bits are removing the slotted screws from the top plate and the governor spring puts pressure on the plate when trying to put the top plate back on .
The throttle shaft may also be worn out requiring bushing .

CMJV
27th January 2019, 07:23 AM
Yes there are a few issues exactly as you suspect , there is a thread on here somewhere with photos from when I did mine but it's something I wouldn't do if your low on patience .
Two hardest bits are removing the slotted screws from the top plate and the governor spring puts pressure on the plate when trying to put the top plate back on .
The throttle shaft may also be worn out requiring bushing .

Hi. Did job found a YouTube vid which was helpful, just need to check set up of plate to spigot alignment, and setting of fuel screw. First off was reving it’s nuts off. Tried repositioning arm/cam. No joy. So pulled fuel screw back, better but wouldn’t pull you out of bed. So think I will have to adjust it more and go back to plate as well .