PDA

View Full Version : Landcruiser Mountain Park 27th-29th May 2011

Bigrig
29th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Well, well, well ... what a trip!!!

Had an awesome weekend and got home about 45 minutes ago. Will get the photos and videos sorted and place them up here.

A HUGE thanks to everyone who made the trip, and those that tried and didn't quite get there (sorry Chrissey, your effort was valiant!!).

Think it ended up at 13 vehicles and about 44 people ... top turn out!!!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 09:52 PM
Great turnout Biggus Riggus,
Good to see every one had a great time.
Awaiting pics with anticipation!!

Cheers

Bigrig
29th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Can everyone post their photos up on this thread please - I'm about 5 off uploading some to the forum ... couple of teasers!! lol

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Well hurry up!!! lol

Bigrig
29th May 2011, 10:30 PM
On it boss!! Promise!! lol

Is the forum site playing up? Have tried twice to upload and the attachment screen just goes blank ...

Hmmmm??? ...

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:41 PM
here they are with no particular claim to artistic merit!

Kid photos not included.

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:41 PM

Kid photos not included.

More technology frustration. Time for a beer.

Woof
29th May 2011, 10:43 PM

Kid photos not included.

OK I'll ask.............where??????????????

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:44 PM
OK I'll ask.............where??????????????

dunno :-( ....

Bigrig
29th May 2011, 10:44 PM
More technology frustration. Time for a beer.

Indeed - having trouble uploading some also .. oh well, sorry all, but time for bed!!

I'll have one more lash at it before I go ..

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Wot a time for technology to crash!!!!

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:47 PM
Indeed - having trouble uploading some also .. oh well, sorry all, but time for bed!!

I'll have one more lash at it before I go ..

Night Scotty.

Bigrig
29th May 2011, 10:52 PM
Two shots - camp last night and 9 of the 11 Patrols on the trip ..

Silver
29th May 2011, 10:54 PM
crikey one at a time, don't know that I have the patience for this :-)

GUtsy ute
29th May 2011, 10:59 PM
Put them up tomorrow night Silver,
We can wait till then, I think!!!

Silver
29th May 2011, 11:11 PM
Wot a time for technology to crash!!!!

yairs, off to bed.

04OFF
30th May 2011, 08:50 AM
Great trip, thanks Scotty and everyone for having us along, my mates had not been 4x4ing more than once, and we all had a absolute ball, i think a couple of them needed new undies after the big hill climbs we did, probly was a bit cruel of me to take "first timers" up some of those.....(hahaha-ha) :hpfredgeorge1:

Tore a couple of chunks from my tyres on the rocks and pulled a mudflap off, but apart from that no damage at all, looking back at some of the tracks we did, it could have been a lot worse.

On the way back my mate said ,"you didn't take any pic's", i said yeh, i must of been having way to much fun driving !

I did take one dodgey pic, i wanted to test my colour filter holder, never used it before, by the time id chose a colour, got it on the lens, and had a pose for the group pic (bigrigs rules), most of the cars had gone (ha-ha)

I don't much like the effect in this pic, but should work well for what i bought it for (sunsets) ..... here it is anyway.......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/redskyatday.jpg

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 08:58 AM
You should have yelled at us mate. We could have held off. But good to here you had a great time.

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 09:18 AM
I'll try to get some video up today - I'll pm my rapidshare account details to some of you also so you can upload yours to my account. I'll drag it down from there and start putting it all together!!

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 10:04 AM
I will get my vid to you this arv Scotty

AB
30th May 2011, 10:40 AM
What a great turnout you guys had up there, nice work!!!

Can't wait to see the pics and vids!!!

nickpeacock36
30th May 2011, 11:00 AM
Another great trip. Thanks to Scotty for organising it and also for showing me that my car is a lot more capable than i ever imagined. Dhuck also gave lots of encouragement and did some cool video.
It was great meeting everyone that turned up, we all had a fantastic time and it took a long time for Jack and Lukes smiles to disappear after riding in Dhucks Race truck (as they called it)
Cant wait for the next one.

Cadbury
30th May 2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for letting us see what I missed. I tried to get up there on Sun before my alternator gave up.
Anyone got a spare one laying around they want to get rid of?
Cheers for the photos it looked like a great weekend.

Warnie
30th May 2011, 12:20 PM
Love the work guys, spewing I couldn't make it. Good camp fire that one, I like it.

I shoulda come though. Our cricket team struggled its way to 109 and they got them only 2 wickets down, so needless to say cricket sucked (I didn't 18no and 0/10 off 7 overs in a 35 over match).

Oh well 3 weeks of cricket left and then I go to Melbourne, AB you better be ready I am keen for some wheeling.

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 12:55 PM
Quick video - not so much to do with the trip [although filmed out there], but for anyone contemplating a locker, then have a squiz. Basically Mal, Dean and myself found a small hill that was very steep at the start, with a sharp ramp over angle ... Mal got the machete out and hacked back the bushes so we could have a lash - my lift is a little higher than theirs, but we were all getting bellied out on the ramp over ... you'll see in the vid that I get stuck and the front wheel is spinning and going nowhere, so I stop, engage the front locker and from a standing start on the hill, away he goes ...

Didn't think it at the time, but having seen the video, just a good demonstration of the locker in action on something that was seemingly ten times easier than heaps of other stuff done through the weekend without engaging the locker ... I'm working on the vids I have and should have some more up later/tonight ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUS6HyG_8A

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 01:03 PM
If someone is missing a sleeveless, black, hooded Fiorucci parker, I picked it up for you.

growler2058
30th May 2011, 01:18 PM
hooded Fiorucci parker.

Sounds like a swear word mate hahaha. Yep that lockers the winner hay!!

Warnie
30th May 2011, 01:34 PM
NIce demo of how the locker goes in action Scotty. The locker was the best mod for 4x4ing in I ever did. Made all the hard tracks with wheel lifts and belly-outs alot easier.

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 04:48 PM
Another quick video - for those that don't know LCMP, Club Rally Circuit has two extreme sections in it ... this is one of them at the very end of a 200m+ climb up, and everyone did a sterling job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJp3zJ0WgSM

growler2058
30th May 2011, 05:03 PM
Ohh yeah niiiice good stuff guys n gals

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 05:07 PM
Ohh yeah niiiice good stuff guys n gals

They did good!! lol - Steve (04OFF) and myself were already up top, so we had all six cars get through - apart from dhuck (and only because Bec was crook so he took it easy) everyone was unlocked on a fairly advanced section of track - most cars had small lifts (2") and all terrains only, but still managed to get through where many others had failed - it was a credit to them and their vehicle!!

I'll get some more video up tonight.

Clunk
30th May 2011, 05:08 PM
great pics and vids guys.......... looks like you had a great time!!!!!! No doubt there's plenty more to come so keep 'em coming

growler2058
30th May 2011, 05:10 PM
They did good!! lol - Steve (04OFF) and myself were already up top, so we had all six cars get through - apart from dhuck (and only because Bec was crook so he took it easy) everyone was unlocked on a fairly advanced section of track - most cars had small lifts (2") and all terrains only, but still managed to get through where many others had failed - it was a credit to them and their vehicle!!

I'll get some more video up tonight.

Beauty i'll keep a look out

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 05:16 PM
Side note to the video below:

There was a chicken track off the side of the one we did. Steve and I had parked our cars about 20 metres from the top of it in the only flatish area available. 3 cruisers were going up that track and were absolutely gunning it thinking they were the sh!t. Steve's car was against a fenceline slightly left of the top of their track as they were coming up it, and by nothing other than sheer good fortune, he decided to move his car further up the track as our guys were coming up. Lucky he did, as the last cruiser (apparently on his first venture out as another in their group told me - no lift, road terrains, no experience) was absolutely flat stick coming up the chicken track and when he got to the top, couldn't stop, hit the anchors and did a massive, uncontrolled slide straight into where Steve's car was parked, missing the fence by about a foot. This was much to the delight of the fellow cruiser onlookers who thought he was "uber cool" for what he had done. It was very uncool as far as we were all concerned as we had a bunch of kids with us, they had a bunch of kids with them, and this goose driving had 3 young kids in the back of his cruiser!! Steve's car would have been a write-off no doubt about it had he not moved it.

Proof that there is such a thing as a 'short neck goose'. Had to be there I guess, but it was that type of stupidity that sees people get injured, or worse.

Ben-e-boy
30th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the day out scotty. I had a great day. I wanted to stay another day and do more wheeling with you guys. but I didnt expect it would take us a day to do 2 tracks

Here is a couple of pics of me stuck at the test track which is an extreme creek run the water at that crossing reached the pedals in the ute. I also dented the door sill getting skull dragged out. oh well.. at least there is a good memory behing that dent...... and the bent tray....... and the broken radius arm bush.....and the bent exhaust.

in my defence everyone had to get winched up that bank lol

Yendor
30th May 2011, 08:37 PM
Wow what a great weekend it was.

Thank you Scotty for all the hard work you put in organising it.

It was great meeting everyone and I can now put names to faces.

A big thumbs up to both Dhuck and Scotty for the help given on some of the more difficult sections of the tracks.

growler2058
30th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the day out scotty. I had a great day. I wanted to stay another day and do more wheeling with you guys. but I didnt expect it would take us a day to do 2 tracks

Here is a couple of pics of me stuck at the test track which is an extreme creek run the water at that crossing reached the pedals in the ute. I also dented the door sill getting skull dragged out. oh well.. at least there is a good memory behing that dent...... and the bent tray....... and the broken radius arm bush.....and the bent exhaust.

Yep that looks really well an truely stuck stuck

Silver
30th May 2011, 09:23 PM
dunno how this is going to go as we have been 'slowed' by bigpond - anyhoo, lets see

Doreen and Bob's holiday home on wheels

AB
30th May 2011, 09:32 PM

Nah that definetly looks like a tough spot in those photos mate!

AB
30th May 2011, 09:34 PM
Great pics and vids again so far....Wish I was there!!!

Ripper effort on the allterrains going up that hill too!

Silver
30th May 2011, 09:43 PM
is it a caravan, or a houseboat with a Nissan outboard (yes they did make them - diesels at that!)

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 09:57 PM
Great couple they are. Hope they had a great time as we did with they're company

snicko
30th May 2011, 09:57 PM
Wow, great pics Bob and Doreen: good onya guys...

Silver
30th May 2011, 09:59 PM
I'll leave the rest of the story to Navigator Kat and my loverly wife should she ever join in (although she has started looking over my shoulder since the weekend.)

That hairy arm is mine - loverly wife became a bit overwhelmed when convoy of 3 with Silver Slug in front and her driving, turned into convoy of everybody.... and it being her first time out since a course in Nov 2009.... She had a ball egged on by Kat and our 6 y.o. daughter once safely back in the middle of the convoy:icon_victory:

Ben-e-boy
30th May 2011, 10:00 PM
here is a few more pics of some ruts at the bottom of telecom hill

NissanGQ4.2
30th May 2011, 10:02 PM
looks like dhuck just cruised up that hill in the vid, great vids and pics guys, shame i couldn't be there looked like a great weekend

katwoman
30th May 2011, 10:04 PM
She did a great job too. Considering the driver (Fran) told the navigator to go easy tracks. Navigator promptly chose hardest one( not on purpose). Driver did a great job, first time, in lead, hard track.
Lesson 1. Don't get Kat to navigate !!

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 10:07 PM
here is a few more pics of some ruts at the bottom of telecom hill

Nice flex!! We ended up doing Telecom Hill on Sunday ... A hoot!!!

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:07 PM
No, he bravely went before all and checked the depth for us post the January floods, evidence of which was all through the lower areas of LCMP.

Thanks again to all for their contributions to this great weekend.

katwoman
30th May 2011, 10:09 PM
No, he bravely went before all and checked the depth for us post the January floods, evidence of which was all through the lower areas of LCMP.

Haha. I like that one !!

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 10:11 PM

Good looking rooster!! Who was it?? lmfao

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:17 PM
Rumour has it that Katwoman is in secret negotiations with Finly Owner for a G60, Katrol being far too pretty to get her tyres dirty.

Ben-e-boy
30th May 2011, 10:19 PM
Nice flex!! We ended up doing Telecom Hill on Sunday ... A hoot!!!

you would have walked up that with those reduction gears

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Dhuck and his well loved:icon_driving: GQ were often a spectacular feature of this weekend,leaping logs and lantana to take a non existant steep shortcut, etc.

Here he is in his natural element, barely getting his muddies damp.....

Thanks for giving me a lift up that hill, mate, when loverly wife and Katwoman left me panting and puffing in the dust

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Where are we?

Who cares!

Take the next interesting track!! (notice the oldest Nissan on the trip is naturally in the lead :-) )

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:38 PM
although after the horrible things that were said about it before it showed its true colours off road, I'm surprised it didn't sulk and refuse to perform.

Must have been the Lurve lavished on it by the Steve McQueen lookalike 60 Series driver behind the wheel......

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 10:40 PM
you would have walked up that with those reduction gears

Yep - they're awesome!!

katwoman
30th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Who's Steve McQueen ??

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Great couple they are. Hope they had a great time as we did with they're company

yep both very keen to get out with the group again.

Silver
30th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Who's Steve McQueen ??

Too young to remember him, eh?

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 10:49 PM
Dhuck and his well loved:icon_driving: GQ were often a spectacular feature of this weekend,leaping logs and lantana to take a non existant steep shortcut, etc.

Here he is in his natural element, barely getting his muddies damp.....

Thanks for giving me a lift up that hill, mate, when loverly wife and Katwoman left me panting and puffing in the dust

No problem mate. I know what it is like when the missus takes off in your truck

hekarewe
30th May 2011, 11:58 PM
good photos there guys looks like you all had a good weekend hopefuly i will make the next one

timbar
31st May 2011, 03:16 AM
Great trip Guys wish i had have been there Top pics loks like a nice country side and camping spot Good one Guys hop yous all had fun Looked fun hahahaha

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 07:48 AM
good photos there guys looks like you all had a good weekend hopefuly i will make the next one

Absolutely mate - there'll be plenty more no doubt, and in the meantime, we can't wait to see your snaps of the trol in action up the cape!

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 07:49 AM
Great trip Guys wish i had have been there Top pics loks like a nice country side and camping spot Good one Guys hop yous all had fun Looked fun hahahaha

Well, come on over brother!! lol

Damn this huge, gorgeous country of ours keeping us trollers apart!! lmao

Bob
31st May 2011, 08:38 AM
Well, come on over brother!! lol

Damn this huge, gorgeous country of ours keeping us trollers apart!! lmao

Roll around Easter 2012

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 08:40 AM
Roll around Easter 2012

Too right Bob!!! I'm not one for wishing my life away, but I am seriously hanging out for next years "road trip"!!.

04OFF
31st May 2011, 09:00 AM
Nah, Scotty you've got trips to Ripley, Scenic Rim and a few Beach runs to organise way before then ! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 09:26 AM
Nah, Scotty you've got trips to Ripley, Scenic Rim and a few Beach runs to organise way before then ! :smiley_thumbs_up:

That's spot on the money also!!! Add to that another jaunt to Janowen Hills as well ... my time is well spent!!! lol

hekarewe
31st May 2011, 09:48 AM
Absolutely mate - there'll be plenty more no doubt, and in the meantime, we can't wait to see your snaps of the trol in action up the cape!

unfortunatly guys that trip has had to be put on hold for 12 months due to family issues and the need to made rush down south if things dont improve,,,,,,,, disappointed is an understatement but family do's come first may still take a week out anyways and head to the torrington SF in NSW to chase Bambi at less that way i am not totaly out of reach.:animierte-smilies-f

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 09:56 AM
unfortunatly guys that trip has had to be put on hold for 12 months due to family issues and the need to made rush down south if things dont improve,,,,,,,, disappointed is an understatement but family do's come first may still take a week out anyways and head to the torrington SF in NSW to chase Bambi at less that way i am not totaly out of reach.:animierte-smilies-f

Sorry to hear on all counts mate - family does cone first though. When are you leaving/returning? We should organise at least a day trip or something in the coming weeks/month or so.

hekarewe
31st May 2011, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear on all counts mate - family does cone first though. When are you leaving/returning? We should organise at least a day trip or something in the coming weeks/month or so.

got to see how Danielles dad is doing first and then check on the deer seasons,,,, if all gos well might head down to the torringtonSF towards the end of june early july. got an old army mate living in the bush down there knows the place like the back of his hand.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 10:56 AM
got to see how Danielles dad is doing first and then check on the deer seasons,,,, if all gos well might head down to the torringtonSF towards the end of june early july. got an old army mate living in the bush down there knows the place like the back of his hand.

No worries - no doubt we'll organise something in between!!

Silver
31st May 2011, 10:56 AM

Likewise hope that all goes as well as possible with your family.

Saw Javan Rusa at LCMP - the owner said they would probably start roaring next week or so - they were already assembling harems. I don't think shooting is on the menu at LCMP :-) but did hear something like a shot one night - from a fair way away, although hard to tell I guess.

Silver
31st May 2011, 11:01 AM
meant to say, and think I did say in my unsuccesful attempts to put up photos on Sunday night, that Kat took a lot of the photos I put up.

Kat has impressive single handed out the window photo shooting skills :-)

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 11:04 AM
Likewise hope that all goes as well as possible with your family.

Saw Javan Rusa at LCMP - the owner said they would probably start roaring next week or so - they were already assembling harems. I don't think shooting is on the menu at LCMP :-) but did hear something like a shot one night - from a fair way away, although hard to tell I guess.

LCMP is officially listed as a 'nature reserve' so only the owners would dare take out a weapon I would suggest. Must have been from a bordering property ... hopefully!!

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 12:00 PM
Another quick video ... more to come as I'll just do short ones rather than the usual big long version ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrvVfpdjj3c

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 12:46 PM
Another one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RRtOxC0EHM

growler2058
31st May 2011, 01:39 PM
Cool mcCool guys looks like a bloody great spot

AB
31st May 2011, 02:02 PM
McNice Scotty....I like the short vids too mate!!!

Warnie
31st May 2011, 02:50 PM
Lockers aren't cheating they just make it easier to get stuck worse on harder tracks, I depends on how you like to think about it.

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 02:58 PM
Bloody fun, you crew had. thanks for vids and pics

Tim

nickpeacock36
31st May 2011, 04:08 PM
Where's the video you did of the rocks on the Sunday Dhuck?

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 04:22 PM
I'll get that one up tonight ... another below ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dctLCP5RpM

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 04:34 PM
Cool mcCool guys looks like a bloody great spot

Yep - awesome joint - I'll get the area dhuck and Steve went to up tonight. Looks like rainforest!! Amazing that it sort of has everything - mud, rocky hill climbs, shale, bushland tracks, rainforest tracks, creek crossings, etc - couldn't ask for much more really!

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 04:35 PM
McNice Scotty....I like the short vids too mate!!!

Easier too!!

Dhuck
31st May 2011, 04:51 PM

Uploaded all video for Scotty yesterday mate.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 05:40 PM

Uploading to YouTube now - should be up in 45 minutes or so ... it's a longer one ...

Ben-e-boy
31st May 2011, 06:19 PM
this is the big rut at the bottom of telecom hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OkLpHWOqw

Ben-e-boy
31st May 2011, 06:20 PM
Uploading to YouTube now - should be up in 45 minutes or so ... it's a longer one ...

nice....... cant wait for this one

growler2058
31st May 2011, 06:33 PM
Plenty of flex there Ben nice one mate

Silver
31st May 2011, 06:41 PM
Can't wait to look at the vids and the ones on the interforum meet and greet, once Telstra 'unslows' our bigpond :-)

Thanks to all for putting them up.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 06:41 PM
Hilux Highway - Dhuck and Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjkhwsY_4PI

Dhuck
31st May 2011, 06:47 PM
When the pigtrol (my truck) goes through you will here the air coming out of the bead. It goes psst psst psst

growler2058
31st May 2011, 06:53 PM
Maaaaaaaaatee i really really wanna go there how FUN

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 06:55 PM
Maaaaaaaaatee i really really wanna go there how FUN

Well, start packing and head on up fella - you and yours are more than welcome to crash at our joint as a base ... from there, endless action awaits!!!!!!!!! lol

04OFF
31st May 2011, 08:01 PM
Great work with the videos guys !:smiley_thumbs_up:

I must also mention a big thanks to my mate Shane (in the vid), he guided me through those rocks without hitting any parts of the car once, considering its his very first time ever real 4x4ing, let alone navigating, i think he did a pretty good job !

Dhuck just ploughed on through,(LOL), must have copied my exellent line :animierte-smilies-t (ha-ha)

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 08:04 PM
Great work with the videos guys !:smiley_thumbs_up:

I must also mention a big thanks to my mate Shane (in the vid), he guided me through those rocks without hitting any parts of the car once, considering its his very first time ever real 4x4ing, let alone navigating, i think he did a pretty good job !

Dhuck just ploughed on through,(LOL), must have copied my exellent line :animierte-smilies-t (ha-ha)

Yep, Shane did a sterling job ... just one question though as I'd never seen them before ... what was the twirling of the finger each way?? LMFAO!! Don't get me wrong, I like it ... far easier than shouting down right and down left (which I get wrong anyway!! lol).

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

growler2058
31st May 2011, 08:28 PM
Well, start packing and head on up fella - you and yours are more than welcome to crash at our joint as a base ... from there, endless action awaits!!!!!!!!! lol

Good onya mate could be doin the cape or the simmo this time next year

04OFF
31st May 2011, 08:41 PM
Yep, Shane did a sterling job ... just one question though as I'd never seen them before ... what was the twirling of the finger each way?? LMFAO!! Don't get me wrong, I like it ... far easier than shouting down right and down left (which I get wrong anyway!! lol).

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Ha-ha, i know what you mean, he wizzed his finger around so fast ,it was hard to work out what way he wanted me to turn sometimes :hpfredgeorge1:

We didn't discus any in any way what "method" he would use, just that he would help guide me through, anyway, im still happy to have got what is a pretty heavy, almost standard truck (50mm lift) on A/T's, safely through those slippery un-forgiving rocks without hitting , let him "twirl" away i say ! :wink:

Woof
31st May 2011, 08:47 PM
Great photos and videos everyone, thanks for sharing then with us all...........................Lucky Buggers.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 08:53 PM
Ha-ha, i know what you mean, he wizzed his finger around so fast ,it was hard to work out what way he wanted me to turn sometimes :hpfredgeorge1:

We didn't discus any in any way what "method" he would use, just that he would help guide me through, anyway, im still happy to have got what is a pretty heavy, almost standard truck (50mm lift) on A/T's, safely through those slippery un-forgiving rocks without hitting , let him "twirl" away i say ! :wink:

Haha!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! He did just fine!!

Ben-e-boy
1st June 2011, 06:01 PM
here is another short vid of the test track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-h09NNBJ2U

growler2058
1st June 2011, 06:23 PM
Niiiiice mate!

Sir Roofy
1st June 2011, 06:26 PM
Great photos and videos everyone, thanks for sharing then with us all...........................Lucky Buggers.

x2 will catch up one day

Ben-e-boy
1st June 2011, 07:40 PM
Niiiiice mate!
cheers

nothing like a bit of cosmetic damage

AB
1st June 2011, 09:50 PM
cosmetic....lol...Love it!

katwoman
1st June 2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPSapOOOxg
testing..testing...My first ever youTube video.. very boring but.
Mastering youtube from iPhone....

Dhuck
1st June 2011, 11:24 PM
Turn ur phone sideways Kat when videoing. It gives you a bigger shot

growler2058
2nd June 2011, 06:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPSapOOOxg
testing..testing...My first ever youTube video.. very boring but.
Mastering youtube from iPhone....

WOWWWWWWWWWWW look out Spielberg

katwoman
2nd June 2011, 08:00 AM
Turn ur phone sideways Kat when videoing. It gives you a bigger shot

Thx Dhuck.

It was bad enough, just trying not to drop phone.

Dark 1
2nd June 2011, 06:14 PM
Great vids guys , i will have to try & make it to one of these trips one day. Hey scotty how'd the maiden voyage of casa del o'hara go bud, where's the camp setup shots.

Silver
2nd June 2011, 08:02 PM
Great trip, thanks Scotty and everyone for having us along, my mates had not been 4x4ing more than once, and we all had a absolute ball, i think a couple of them needed new undies after the big hill climbs we did, probly was a bit cruel of me to take "first timers" up some of those.....(hahaha-ha) :hpfredgeorge1:

Tore a couple of chunks from my tyres on the rocks and pulled a mudflap off, but apart from that no damage at all, looking back at some of the tracks we did, it could have been a lot worse.

On the way back my mate said ,"you didn't take any pic's", i said yeh, i must of been having way to much fun driving !

I did take one dodgey pic, i wanted to test my colour filter holder, never used it before, by the time id chose a colour, got it on the lens, and had a pose for the group pic (bigrigs rules), most of the cars had gone (ha-ha)

I don't much like the effect in this pic, but should work well for what i bought it for (sunsets) ..... here it is anyway.......

photo seems to be hiding now?

Bigrig
2nd June 2011, 08:17 PM
Great vids guys , i will have to try & make it to one of these trips one day. Hey scotty how'd the maiden voyage of casa del o'hara go bud, where's the camp setup shots.

Casa del BigRig was the goods mate!! Ripped a tab off it trying to peg it down as the suspension/tyre lift doesn't allow the tent to sit on the ground, but all in all, a roaring success!! Thanks again old mate!!!

GUtsy ute
2nd June 2011, 08:22 PM

Good to see you keeping the peace with two U's and two Q's in the pic!!!
Nice effect with the clouds too.

Mal H
2nd June 2011, 09:09 PM
It was a great weekend , top group of people, credit to you BigRig.

Here's a few general photos.

GUtsy ute
2nd June 2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks for those pics Mal, give a good idea of what the place was like on the weekend.

Cheers

growler2058
2nd June 2011, 09:15 PM
Good foters mate I'm gunna set my phone wallpaper with ur campfire shot to look at tomorrow morning when it's 4 deg

Silver
2nd June 2011, 10:08 PM
Good to see you keeping the peace with two U's and two Q's in the pic!!!
Nice effect with the clouds too.

We all played nicely together. O4 OFF, the photo is back :-)

AB
3rd June 2011, 08:54 AM
Great photos mate, top turn out!!!

Bigrig
3rd June 2011, 08:59 AM

Nice snaps ... soooooo, when's the next trip?? lol

Bigrig
3rd June 2011, 09:01 AM

BTW - there were 5 vehicles missing in that first photo - and the vision of a patrol convoy in my rear and side view mirrors was enough to put a horn on a jellyfish!! Looked awesome!! lol

nowoolies
3rd June 2011, 09:56 AM
what a trip great photo`s, "n" vids
got any more ?????

04OFF
3rd June 2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure what happend to my pic Silver, perhaps someone saw red and removed it for a while ? :blowup:

(ha-ha)

Great pic's Mal, i think i can see you hiding in between the cars on that first one ! :D

Bigrig
3rd June 2011, 11:21 AM
Couple more - video to follow shortly ...

Bigrig
3rd June 2011, 12:27 PM
Just another short one .. on the way back to camp ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm10bE1hCmw

snicko
3rd June 2011, 12:44 PM
Excellent!! Who's taken the video?? Great work.

Silver
3rd June 2011, 01:01 PM
Just another short one .. on the way back to camp ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm10bE1hCmw

Silver just had to flatten out a bit for Bob and Doreen to drive on :-) Plenty of weight in the driver's seat to keep that side firmly on the ground :-))))

And we aren't as rolly sidewise as the taller rigs :-) Felt quite OK on the way through.

Also like to practice reversing when the heat isn't on, so it is easier when the heat is on!!

Clunk
3rd June 2011, 07:37 PM
great photos and vids guys, looks like a tops time was had by all............

Finly Owner
3rd June 2011, 08:48 PM
Couple more - video to follow shortly ...

what happenned to rubicon?

Tim

Silver
3rd June 2011, 11:41 PM

Tim

Yes, I'm curious about Ruby too.

04OFF
4th June 2011, 07:44 AM

Tim

Its a JEEP thing........you would't understand ! :D

I think just a small problem with the thermostat.

I was going to offer assistance (or at least have a look to make sure scotty was awake over there) but when i saw about 12 "mechcanics" around the engine bay, i decided my beer was in need of more attention (ha-ha)

Dhuck
4th June 2011, 08:26 AM
She failed to turn into a patrol

Yendor
4th June 2011, 03:11 PM
She failed to turn into a patrol

Just add water, she will grow........

Bigrig
4th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Its a JEEP thing........you would't understand ! :D

I think just a small problem with the thermostat.

I was going to offer assistance (or at least have a look to make sure scotty was awake over there) but when i saw about 12 "mechcanics" around the engine bay, i decided my beer was in need of more attention (ha-ha)

Haha ... yep, thermostat - took the guts out of it and alls good, but was just playing it safe due to the core seeming to leak and steam up - had it pressure tested and all good, so next time for a patrol v rubicon showdown!!! lol