PDA

View Full Version : Auto Trans and towing

Tartrekka
30th November 2018, 10:12 AM
I Have done just on 80k now in 4 years with half of this towing. I changed the auto trans fluid at 40k and it showed discolouration but was not burnt. I did another change a couple of weeks ago and the colour was pretty good. After the first change I couldn't get over how much smoother the box operated. I am contemplating putting an extra cooler on before leaving in May to go to FNQ again. I use Penrite lubricants and they are equal to or exceed the specs required by Nissan. My advice is not to leave the auto service too long if you are towing a van. Hope this is of interest to those who tow with their Y62. Cheers .

tempestv8
14th December 2022, 09:38 PM
For those who want to stick with Nissan genuine fluid, a 5 litre bottle from your dealer is part number KE90899933 and the cost is $178.30.
If you plan to do more frequent fluid changes, the fluid is also available in a 20 litre drum, and the part number is KLE2700002, and costs $397.

To refill the transmission, you'll need something like this: https://www.amazon.com.au/vidaXL-Automatic-Transmission-Workshop-Pressure/dp/B083KQ3N2D/

And if you have a Scangauge, you can program the Xgauge to tell you the trans temperature for when you perform the fluid level check at the end.