PDA

View Full Version : sub Tank light

Colf
28th November 2018, 06:32 PM
Hi my name is Col Fraser I have a 2000 patrol Ute. The sub tank light has come on and won’t go off. Have checked fuses etc, also the light in the manual dash switch has gone out. Can anyone give me a clue of what might be happening??

TimE
28th November 2018, 06:55 PM
Do a search on the site for info, but the first thing to try is disconnect your battery for 5 minutes and see what happens.

the evil twin
28th November 2018, 07:08 PM
When the Computer faults out it turns on the sub tank warning light and disables the system so the light in teh switch won't come on either.

You can either disco the battery or pull the fuses as that is the only way to reset the fault circuit.

When you next start up if the fault is still present it will do the same thing again after it does the self test.
If the fault is gone all will work as advertised.
The fault circuit tests the Computer, Switch, Pump, Wiring and Sender Units.

Baby Daddy
28th November 2018, 11:18 PM
I had this problem recenty.
I also got told to check the earth strap from the body to the chassis. If it doest have one put one in...

Mine was nothing to do with anything anyone has ever mentioned about the sub tank light.

I had ripped the cables under the passengers doors which caused it

Cuppa
28th November 2018, 11:37 PM
Mine does that if I try to squeeze too much fuel into the main tank ... as in overfilling it. Disconnecting the battery after I've driven for a bit (& used some fuel from the main tank) fixes it.

Colf
29th November 2018, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info. Will check it out

Colf
29th November 2018, 09:47 AM
Thanks to you all, will disconnect battery and see what happens, cheers