PDA

View Full Version : Another GQ For Me..??

Ade
23rd May 2011, 03:41 AM
Hi guys..

Found this GQ for sale on a local website today..about AUD7,700.00. I'm so excited I had to share this with you all. Its a 1995 NA TD42 with manual transmission. Compared to my current high roof GQ, it runs on 12v, drum brakes at the rear and an open differential. GQ Patrol are very rare here and we dont have GU either. Most 4by are Toyota, you can spot 40 to 200 series everywhere here. But thats what make Patrol quite special here..its RARE. Downloaded couple of photos of it..

Ade
23rd May 2011, 03:44 AM
Will go to have a look on it this morning :biggrin:

growler2058
23rd May 2011, 04:34 AM
Nice one mate

Bob
23rd May 2011, 07:36 AM
Glad you found it Mate

Bigrig
23rd May 2011, 07:46 AM
Top job mate!! Nice unit by the looks and top price too!! Nice template for us to start spending your money on!!! lmfao

Well done!

Silver
23rd May 2011, 07:48 AM
looks well loved. Does your Safari have an open rear diff, or the GQ?

PT Paul
23rd May 2011, 02:42 PM
Very cool mate.

Ade
23rd May 2011, 03:43 PM
looks well loved. Does your Safari have an open rear diff, or the GQ?

Mines come with LSD. That GQ is a CKD model..so its fitted with open diff, manual tranny, 12vdc and drum brakes at the rear.

snicko
23rd May 2011, 06:59 PM
Nice looking rig mate be nice to own a rare vehicle good luck on your decision.

Bigrig
23rd May 2011, 07:27 PM
Hey mate - quick question - the tyres on the rear are different to those on the front [and possibly different to the spare, but can't tell if it's just a really worn down Maxxis MT]. I take it the other side is the same? i.e. that back passenger side tyre matches the one on the rear on the drivers side, and the front the same? Illegal otherwise ... the dealer would have to front for that, not you ...

timbar
23rd May 2011, 07:43 PM
are you sure it is a 95 model because on the 95 model the rear lights are in the bumper and also they had disk brakes on the rear ????? check the compliance plates make sure its all legite mate seems all bit sus to me

Nice rig if all checks out !!

Ade
23rd May 2011, 08:45 PM
Hey mate - quick question - the tyres on the rear are different to those on the front [and possibly different to the spare, but can't tell if it's just a really worn down Maxxis MT]. I take it the other side is the same? i.e. that back passenger side tyre matches the one on the rear on the drivers side, and the front the same? Illegal otherwise ... the dealer would have to front for that, not you ...

Yup.. They are difference in size. But guess what? I have to dealt with it, not the dealer.

Ade
23rd May 2011, 09:07 PM
Went to the dealer this morning having a look at the gq. Odo clocks 340+++km, leaking steering box, plain water in the radiator instead of coolant mixture, few traces of body repair yet body paint didn't look that good as seen in the photos I downloaded. Other than those everything else seems to be acceptable.
So, what say you all guys especially that 340k plus mileage?
Managed to bring down the price a bit to AUD7,300.00 though. But still quite pricey to me since I bought mine almost 2 years ago for just 6,500.00 plus it's a very well maintained Patrol. Am expecting $4-5k price range for a well maintained one these days. You see guys, for my Patrol parts, I have to back ordered everything from Japan yet price are still very high for car that parts are nowhere to be found on a local shop.

Ade
23rd May 2011, 09:14 PM
are you sure it is a 95 model because on the 95 model the rear lights are in the bumper and also they had disk brakes on the rear ????? check the compliance plates make sure its all legite mate seems all bit sus to me

Nice rig if all checks out !!
Yup. I am sure it's a 1995. There are only 2 types of GQ here..locally assembled which comes with open diff, drum brakes etc..and imported used from Japan with rear disc brakes, LSD, sometimes with factory turbo, rear locker or PTO winch.

AB
23rd May 2011, 09:15 PM
A TD42 at 340k for AUD7300 is not a bad price but I would be mentioning the bad sides to the dealer in regard to steering box fluid, coolant lack of care, body repair and the fact that parts are always shipped in with no local stock, etc very expensive for this and aim for 5k with the intention to walk away with confidence hoping he agrees or further chats as you walk...lol

Good luck though!!!

How bad is the body repair work?

Ade
23rd May 2011, 09:53 PM
A TD42 at 340k for AUD7300 is not a bad price but I would be mentioning the bad sides to the dealer in regard to steering box fluid, coolant lack of care, body repair and the fact that parts are always shipped in with no local stock, etc very expensive for this and aim for 5k with the intention to walk away with confidence hoping he agrees or further chats as you walk...lol

Good luck though!!!

How bad is the body repair work?

Yeah..am giving my 2nd thought now. No more last night excitement :tongue:

Body were just painted but are very bad. Actually, I did found traces of that red cement thingy stuff almost everywhere..

growler2058
24th May 2011, 06:38 AM
Yeah..am giving my 2nd thought now. No more last night excitement :tongue:

Body were just painted but are very bad. Actually, I did found traces of that red cement thingy stuff almost everywhere..

BOG maybe a good one to leave alone mate! First big bump and the bog could crack or fall out if its been a dodgy job

Bigrig
24th May 2011, 07:35 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy mate - the dealer should sort the tyres, and if it's got bog around it, and you are still interested, take a small strong magnet with you and stick it all over the gutterline on the roof, around the window frames in the rear, along the pillars, and along the sills ... you might find it falling off a bit and it if doesn't take, you've found your answer... RUN!!! lol

Good luck with it!!

Ade
25th May 2011, 12:51 AM
First big bump and the bog could crack or fall out if its been a dodgy job

Yeah. Have seen things like that before. 'Dodgy Job' thats the name eh..poor me

Ade
25th May 2011, 01:10 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy mate - the dealer should sort the tyres, and if it's got bog around it, and you are still interested, take a small strong magnet with you and stick it all over the gutterline on the roof, around the window frames in the rear, along the pillars, and along the sills ... you might find it falling off a bit and it if doesn't take, you've found your answer... RUN!!! lol

Good luck with it!!

Naahhh..lost my appetite with that one.

Found couple of GQs for sell. One is stock standard and very well maintained, low mileage (below 200k) sell for about AUD10.5k and the other one with Safari Turbo + IC and snorkel for about 9.3k. Mmmm...good luck with their sells

Bigrig
25th May 2011, 01:23 AM
Naahhh..lost my appetite with that one.

Found couple of GQs for sell. One is stock standard and very well maintained, low mileage (below 200k) sell for about AUD10.5k and the other one with Safari Turbo + IC and snorkel for about 9.3k. Mmmm...good luck with their sells

Good thinking mate - didn't sound quite right.

Ade
25th May 2011, 02:02 AM
Good thinking mate - didn't sound quite right.

That should confirmed it..thanks mate

Clunk
25th May 2011, 02:24 AM
good luck with your search mate, I'm sure a good one will come along

Patrol Tico
4th September 2011, 10:46 AM
Hey mate did you found the trol you were looking for?

Ade
4th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Hey mate did you found the trol you were looking for?

Naahhh..I'm still with my old Safari. Still trying to refurbish the old girl haha..she's spending more time in the garage rather than out trolling. This morning took the engine and the box out again. Wanted to fit in the sound proofing mat at the fire wall, body lift etc... mmmm...i not so sure. Kind a like it to remove and reinstall things..LOL

Ade
4th September 2011, 11:25 PM
Here is this morning picture of her before the engine out again. How,s the sticker AB, looks good isn't it? Thats the real one..not photoshopped.

Ade
5th September 2011, 01:11 AM
Sorry..cant get the picture up yet

Mrowka
6th September 2011, 02:57 AM
Smart move, Holmes.

If something is not right, never be afraid to walk away. That goes double for body-work.

"Son, a fresh coat of paint can make a woman or a car look good from a few feet away."

benno
6th September 2011, 08:42 PM
What a mint looking GQ, seems like a good one.