PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Gauge MX

the evil twin
25th September 2018, 06:43 PM
Bought one of these for the Y62.
Looks are subjective but I like the display etc more than the Scan-gauge.

Works as advertised so far.
I'll see how I go with the Mgauges for Engine Oil Temp and Auto Tranny Temps... many Beers may be needed...

nissannewby
25th September 2018, 07:00 PM
I dont care. Can you get a unichip and tell me your thoughts?

Show me your Y62.....

the evil twin
25th September 2018, 07:10 PM
I dont care. Can you get a unichip and tell me your thoughts?

Show me your Y62.....

Hehehe... in order...
I don't care that you don't care but if the Beer runs out shit could get real.
Yes, I can get a Unichip, we have the Internet over here now
My thoughts... Pollies suck, we should all eat more red meat and Global Warming is a crock
No, if you've seen one Y62 ya seen 'em all

nissannewby
25th September 2018, 07:36 PM
I got the expensive exhaust and can tell you its great. Im stuck on what to get next whether it be the front bar, lift or unichip.

the evil twin
25th September 2018, 08:46 PM
I got the expensive exhaust and can tell you its great. Im stuck on what to get next whether it be the front bar, lift or unichip.

Which exhaust... aaaand I don't think I'll lift mine, zorst asap, chip mid term, 35's later... can't decide on the Bar yet 'cause the S4 front looks good as is.

FNQGU
26th September 2018, 10:04 AM
ET, I've had the Ultra Guage for the last couple of years and besides a bit of frigging around to get the mileage readings to be accurate, it has been great. Nice big screen with lots of display options. Have even used it a few times to reset codes too.

the evil twin
26th September 2018, 10:49 AM
ET, I've had the Ultra Guage for the last couple of years and besides a bit of frigging around to get the mileage readings to be accurate, it has been great. Nice big screen with lots of display options. Have even used it a few times to reset codes too.

Yeah, I've only had Scangauge II's in the past and I like this display much better.
Agree it is a tad harder to set up tho.

Have you done the codes for the Auto Tranny and Engine Oil Temps yet?

FNQGU
26th September 2018, 11:13 AM
No, only an under-boost warning when I popped a vacuum line off and then another warning code when I got water in a sensor after a very deep crossing. Never found that one as it must have dried out overnight.

With the fuel / mileage calibration - it might be the same thing with the Scanguages (not sure), but after measuring wheel diameter and entering that, I then kept adjusting it for about ten fuel-fills using GPS for distance. My speedo is still out since changing wheel size to 285/75 so couldn't rely on it.

On my front guage face (page 1) I monitor fuel average, engine water temp, air intake temp, fuel level in the tank, total fuel used on a trip, and voltage as read from the ECU. I have also set it up with the alerts for oil changes to be done at 5000klm but haven't really bothered with many of the other functions.

the evil twin
26th September 2018, 11:23 AM
My front page will probably be 4 gauges - Speed, ECU Volts, Engine Oil Temp and Tranny Temp when I get them going...

nissannewby
26th September 2018, 07:01 PM
Which exhaust... aaaand I don't think I'll lift mine, zorst asap, chip mid term, 35's later... can't decide on the Bar yet 'cause the S4 front looks good as is.

We went with the Taipan system. Complete system headers and all. Headers are ceramic coated mild steel into a full 304 stainless system. There are pics in my build thread.

the evil twin
27th September 2018, 06:53 PM
Yeehah... !!!

Tranny Temp and Engine Oil Temp and alarms are working... but (there is always a but)

I can't put them on the front page so they have a page all their own which I am calling my "Temps Page".

On my 'Front' page I am running;
KPH (corrected and large font)
Volts (large font)
Fuel used
Fuel Pressure
Cat temps L&R

On my 'Temps' page I am running;
ATF temp (and alarm)
Intake Air Temp
Oil Temp (and alarm)
Coolant Temp (and alarm)

I have the auto scroll enabled and front page displays for 15 seconds and temp page for 5 seconds so it is all there and I don't have to push any buttons

Bidja
27th September 2018, 11:37 PM
My front page will probably be 4 gauges - Speed, ECU Volts, Engine Oil Temp and Tranny Temp when I get them going...

MX version is one up on my EM Plus one. Mine does not do the Engine Oil Temp and Tranny Temp and a few other. From memory can do 44 readings depends on gauge and veh type.

Agree Ultraguage, has a great display, run 5 screens and easy to scroll thru. Screen attributes I refer most: ECT, kW1 / N-m (must have eng load next screen placement to torque), Boost(max read 22.35psi) don't know why limited yet, average km/100ltrs. All functions great and use extensively. Run VDO boost, egt & oil pressure. Able to compare boost from hot to cold side of cooler(interests me).

Where did U buy from?

the evil twin
28th September 2018, 10:48 AM
Bought mine from the States $150 ish (was here in 4 days).

I need the MX to see my Tranny and Engine temps and when you add in Coolant temp etc etc any/all are capable of hi/lo alarms it means no extra gauges or engine watchdogs are required.

I reckon that makes it an absolute must have for my Y62 or 99% of any other OBDII vehicle

Page 3 I am experimenting but will prob be KW, Torque, L & R Bank, MAF etc

Bidja
28th September 2018, 11:21 AM
Bought mine from the States $150 ish (was here in 4 days).

I need the MX to see my Tranny and Engine temps and when you add in Coolant temp etc etc any/all are capable of hi/lo alarms it means no extra gauges or engine watchdogs are required.

I reckon that makes it an absolute must have for my Y62 or 99% of any other OBDII vehicle

Page 3 I am experimenting but will prob be KW, Torque, L & R Bank, MAF etc

Bought mine EM Plus from manufacturer (US) $149AUD posted. Could not go wrong X2 cost here.

Note U auto scroll, me push button (lock in) and prevents me from watching the movie.

Yep very good tool, might have another look at MX. Mine manual CRD.

the evil twin
28th September 2018, 11:34 AM
I plan on auto scrolling only when 4X or towing otherwise happy with the front screen when tooling around town or cruising.

I don't know any of the program codes for the Y61's but might be some out there.
I had a Scangauge on my CRD and was very happy indeed, only added an EGT and that did the job for me.

The Y62 has a pretty basic but useful Trip Computer that does nearly all that I need
I have the Y62 set for Inst fuel & Avg fuel (it shows both at once) so I think I'll only log Litres Used on the U.G. at the moment as far as trip parameters.

Bidja
28th September 2018, 06:33 PM
I plan on auto scrolling only when 4X or towing otherwise happy with the front screen when tooling around town or cruising.

I don't know any of the program codes for the Y61's but might be some out there.
I had a Scangauge on my CRD and was very happy indeed, only added an EGT and that did the job for me.

The Y62 has a pretty basic but useful Trip Computer that does nearly all that I need
I have the Y62 set for Inst fuel & Avg fuel (it shows both at once) so I think I'll only log Litres Used on the U.G. at the moment as far as trip parameters.

U.G with its goodness was an upgrade from scangauge for me (CRD). Wanted to observe kW / N-m output while doing adjustment to actuator rod length to optimize performance running Procharge stage 3 h/f turbo @ max boost 24-25 psi.

the evil twin
5th October 2018, 06:57 PM
Finally settled on this... top to bottom...Tranny temp, Coolant Temp, eng Oil temp, Intake air temp.

I'll just need to tidy the names and font, TRAN, COOL, OIL & INTK will be the go methinks

Bidja
7th October 2018, 02:35 PM
The MX gauge can access a few extra parameters than my EM Plus. The intake temp would be good. Had an extra port put in both the hot and cold tanks of JT cooler so to install temp probes to monitor temps across core.

The display is looking good.

the evil twin
7th October 2018, 02:41 PM
Yeah... I had no choice but either Scangauge or MX if I wanted oil temp and tranny temp.
I've had a couple of Scangauges but IMHO the Ultragauge display is much better for what I want for this vehicle.

kevin07
8th November 2018, 03:51 PM
someone has done the work to set gauges ill post them over

pspeirs
15th July 2019, 06:54 AM
Anyone feel like sharing the PID's wit the wider community. Its great that you have this and that working but not much use to the rest of us.

Cheers,
Paul

the evil twin
15th July 2019, 12:16 PM
FWIW I just use google... https://www.scangauge.com.au/

The following is what I used IIRC...
A/T temp
TXD. 07E12120
RXF. 42E903A26000
RXD. 2008
MTH. 0001000FFC9
Name 3 characters EG ATF (or whatever makes sense)

Engine Oil Temp
TXD. 07E22307A
RXF. C4620530767A
RXD. 3008
MTH. 00010001FFCE
Name EOT (or whatever makes sense)