PDA

View Full Version : Winch Control Box snapped mounting bolts

CarmenM
14th September 2018, 08:31 PM
I did the unthinkable today and got too close to a bollard in a carpark and hit my winch controller which resulted in the 2 mounting bolts that are recessed into the controller that go through the bullbar snapping off. Is there anyway to replace them because I can't even find a way to get to them or do I have to buy a complete new control unit?

PeeBee
14th September 2018, 08:37 PM
Photo would help to see exactly what your issue is.

MudRunnerTD
14th September 2018, 09:12 PM
the control box is just a box. Depending on how old the winch is it will have 1 or 4 solenoids in it. it really is just a cover though. If necessary you could rewire it under the bonnet (This is what id do).

As PeeBee has said, take a pic or two and post them up. your likely to pick up a second hand one. I would not spend big money on a new warn control box.... ever! Solid State Solenoid for the win.

CarmenM
14th September 2018, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys, I'll take some photos tomorrow

mudnut
14th September 2018, 10:36 PM
I bought a waterproof junction box and fitted it under the bonnet. The only downside is that I still have to lift the bonnet to turn the isolation switch on and off. On the plus side, it is out of the way and can't be accessed by vandals easily. I will eventually install a remote switch with a light.