PDA

View Full Version : Makita 36V battery Chainsaw

PeeBee
12th September 2018, 10:58 AM
I purchased this great little saw and have found it excellent. The best way to purchase is as a bare skin unit then buy a couple of sets of generic battery packs - I have 5 off 5ah batteries, and then a single 240V charger. I can charge the spent batteries off the vehicle inverter for a constant usage.

Bar length is 10", however I am yet to find the saw not able to cut up sufficient wood for a fire at night. I have a number of Stihl saws however this is my go-to saw in the main, with the stihl petrol saw as a back up for longer cutting or bigger logs. The pile of wood shown is 1/3 of the total wood cut on a single battery pack - 2 off 18V batteries. Its an instant start saw, only need bar oil, and as long as you let it cut at its nominal feed rate it will get the job done - highly recommend it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Makita-Chainsaw-Cordless-18V-x2-36V-LXT-Li-Ion-DUC252Z-BARE-TOOL-skin-only/113244526594?hash=item1a5de65802:g:ZyIAAOSwoHJbRBb 8

mudski
12th September 2018, 05:17 PM
Nice. I have Milwalkee stuff, the price for their chainsaw is way off the charts. I'll stick with my cheap chinee petrol jobbie for now.

Cuppa
12th September 2018, 05:31 PM
I've got one of those with a 12" bar. (Ebay USA import) Impressive little jigger for camp firewood, & no need to carry petrol. No fumes, very quiet, does the job.

The Stihl battery saw is better in my opinion, but I had Makita stuff already, so cheaper just to get the bare skin like yourself.

Cheers from Broome,

Cuppa

PeeBee
12th September 2018, 05:33 PM
I've got one of those with a 12" bar. (Ebay USA import) Impressive little jigger for camp firewood, & no need to carry petrol. No fumes, very quiet, does the job.

The Stihl battery saw is better in my opinion, but I had Makita stuff already, so cheaper just to get the bare skin like yourself.

Cheers from Broome,

Cuppa

Cuppa I did also look at the Stihl, however balanced the cost of the entire system off against the Makita , plus also had some bateeries from other makita gear, so went that way. I think if I was a commercial user the Stihl would be a better option, but as a casual user, the Makita serves me well

GQtdauto
12th September 2018, 06:22 PM
Commonly called the Poachers saw .